WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    RvRita - thoughts and prayers be with you. Hope things work out for the best.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Well im back from my bone density scan,i have lost a 1/2 inch and gained quite a bit of weight,my own fault have not been getting up and out to get moving.
    Its hotter than the shades of hades here today.. have to go get Dan in a couple of hours..
    Taking money out of my investments to pay off a few things and hopefully refinance the condo at a lower interest rate.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    (((Rita))) -- I wish you the best. It is good to see you posting again. :flowerforyou:

Sue-- I haven't seen Arrow in quite a while. Lots of changes in his owner's life. The last time we talked she was moving Arrow from the stable to an outbuilding close to her home. She sold the arena, barn and land next to it after her DH died last December. She moved Arrow into a building next to her house. I have been mostly at home and not the world's best friend over the past months. :embarassed:

It has been hot hot hot around here and DH and I are mostly inside our air-conditioned house. I shop for necessities and go to yoga class when I can. Today there were three students, including me, plus the teacher. I enjoyed it. Outside is 97.9 Fahrenheit at the moment, and likely to get hotter.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    I notified mfp of a friend request from a man with an obscene photo. They've emailed me to thank me. :)

Looking forward to seeing my friend G tomorrow. I've washed my hair and done my nails. I will get an exercise session in first before I walk the half hour to the station. Rain is forecast, so it may be a taxi.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Barbie I did not walk Drew in the middle of the day during our heat wave because the asphalt and sidewalks can get over 140 degrees and burn their paws. I walked her in the morning and evening after the sun went down. Mid day just a quick outside on grass to do business. I heard Norhwest heat wave is worse than what we had. Rain today. YEAH! We need it so.

I did manage to go place flowers from son's yard where he is laid to rest.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 30min 30sec, 112elev, 80ahr, 101mhr, 8.03mi= 727c
    Strava app = 973c
    Zwift home spin bike- 15.37min, 19.52amph, 143aw, 55arph, 120ahr, 150mhr, 5.08mi= 163c
    Zwift app- 128c
    Walk to gym, 10.57min, .52min= 51c
    Strava app = 63c
    Treadmill jog- 9.38min, 6.0-6.5sp, 141ahr, 173mhr, 1mi= 112c
    Elliptical- 12.19min, 2resist,2 incl, 127ahr, 143mhr, 1mi= 103c
    Standing crunches and tire toss- crunches- 2.30min, 5sts of 10ea, tire toss- 5.70min, 180#, 1set of 6
    Walk from gym to store then home- 19.54min, .84mi= 104c
    Strava app- 102c

1306 total cal
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Rita- awww my friend im so sorry your in this predicament.. as a divorcee twice i totally understand where your coming from.. all I can tell you is my dad had alot of success with Al-anon he was a member up until his passing almost 40 yrs.. I pray whatever your decision is ,youll always have us in your pocket...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Speaking of heat in the PNW—The temperature is now 107 Fahrenheit on our deck at 3:54:pm. We are staying inside for now. Thank goodness we have an air-conditioner!

Katla
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Thick frost on the ground this morning. Little Rhody didn't want to stay out very long!

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Margaret, We have grass inside the fence in our back yard and the yard opens into a big neighborhood green space so when I take the dogs out in the afternoon, there is no need to walk on asphalt or sidewalk. One summer when we traveled in our RV, we stayed in an RV park in Las Vegas that was paved so Jake had to carry Brandy over to the shaded grassy dog walk area so her paws wouldn't get burned.

:)Karen, congrats on getting the old house cleaned out. That is a huge accomplishment.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Evening,
    I should be doing work work.....I should empty the dishwasher.....I probably should dust....but nope! Not tonight! I am "chatting" with my tribe....That is y'all!

Like Kay- I know what I should be doing. I even make a great attempt at it, then poofff! Off track I fall.two steps forward and 3 steps back. I need to put the phone down! My wellness pie chart probably isn't looking very high in too many categories. Anyway...

We have new concrete being put in. It has been a fiasco. They poured it once, but did it wrong and had to rip it out again. Our yard looks like a war zone. I will say I have used the front door more in the past couple of weeks than in the past few years put together. It will be pretty when done, but man, what a mess!

I think I put this in spoiler- Sad.....
    I hate cruel people! We had looked for a crying kitten from Monday last week until we finally found it on Friday afternoon. She was only about 8 weeks old. She was elusive. Once we found her, she had a seizure :( I got her put in a box with a towel, got some sugar water in her, held her and loved on her. My Son in Law, ran home and got some wet food for her. We managed to get her to eat, drink, sleep, and purr. Our hopes were high that my SIL would take her home with him. Since they have other cats at home a vet visit was first.No vet available for a month, so he took her to the emergency clinic. Her initial workup was good, then she had another seizure. At that point, he called me and we made the decision to euthanize her. I cried lots for a kitten I barely knew. But am thankful that she knew some love and kindness for a few hours.

My dentist laughed at me today! My hair was a mess on Saturday while my husband and I were out to dinner. I took my barrette out and stuck it in my mouth to fix my hair.....well.....it got stuck on my permanent retainer and broke the cement holding it in place. Grumble...only me!. My dentist did reinstall it and told me to quit putting things in my mouth that weren't meant to be there!

Before that I had a blushing moment at work....I will preface with I spend very little time looking in a mirror especially up close since I rarely wear makeup. My customer asked me if I wasn't a little too old to be sporting a hickie! I was like ..what are you talking about? He told me to go look. Sure enough, DH got a little frisky last night and I just threw my hair up in a messy bun this morning without knowing. After I finished blushing (which customer thought was cute) I replied back, Well, at almost 60, I am still lucky enough to get frisky. hehe! He told me I was lucky! BTW- he is a long time customer so no offense was meant from either party.

Did get to grocery tonight, so hopefully will get back on the food wagon. Nothing sounds good....I did have a deli chicken sandwich with a great tomato a short while ago. It was good.

Machka so funny to hear you speak of frost as we talk of heat waves! I am thankful for our ac for summer nights and the heat for all winter.

Our sky tonight is so beautiful, yet strange. Over our house it is dark blue as the sun is set. To the North west it still has red mixed in with the clouds. To the Southwest, the clouds are black, menacing, and lightening keeps flashing. Hopefully this means someone is getting rain.

WELCOME and GOOD TO SEE YOU to the new ladies and the old friends!
    HUGS to ALL as we each struggle with losses, health issues, life changes. We all need hugs!
    GRATEFUL to know that my "tribe" is still being such wonderful support!

Time for a cup of tea and shut eye!
    <3
    Kylia in SW Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD

Penny – I know what you’re going thru. It’ll get better, trust me

RV Rita – (((HUGS))) I wouldn’t be surprised if barbie got one of those badges...lol

Candy – welcome! Come back often

I talked to this woman at work today. She’s the one who wants me to clean the front. Well, I said to her that eventually it’ll get done, they were looking for help in produce, why not put me there? Seems they have certain times they need people. To me, she should be able to put someone where they can be used. So...I mentioned why don’t I do the job of this one guy, he has the personality of a wet noodle (I didn’t tell her that). I’ve had customers talk about how friendly I am and helpful. I enjoy being helpful and talking to people. Why not have him do the cleaning and let me do his job for a bit? He doesn’t and doesn’t want to talk to the customers, I do. I was told that she needed to talk to 2 other people (workers who usually do the job, one of them was the guy with no personality). Why you need to ask someone else if you can perform your job is a mystery to me. Just don’t give him hours, that’s all. I don’t know why you need to clear it with him first. Normally, when I go in, I say “good morning” to everyone. Well, for the last 2 times I haven’t said a word to him. And he hasn’t said anything to me. No “hi”, no “good morning”, not even a “drop dead”. My neighbor said that at the height of this pandemic she asked him to do something on her phone and his answer was “I can’t do that”. Really? All you do is take a pair of gloves and put them on or use one of the wipes. Then she asked me if I’d like to clean the back end, I just told her “not if I can help it”. I didn’t take the job just to clean, I really enjoy the customers. Why not put someone where they like working? I don’t know.

Think I’ll go in the pool for a little bit. Need to destress some.

The pool is 88. Bet tomorrow it gets to 90. But it IS refreshing right now

Played mahjongg online. Interesting, as the other gals were on their tablets, etc. yet meeting in person. Unfortunately, I had to be in the house since my laptop couldn’t find the garage network, but we got it all straightened out. Took a shower now will probably watch a bit of TV

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Rita I got that badge too!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    We had a water leak that flooded the basement. Got a lot of it up with a shop vac but the carpet is still wet. The good news is that my dad is willing to call a plumber. The problem might be where the fridge water line comes out of the cold water. The dripping seems to be under control for now. Maybe in the morning the issue will be clearer.

Annie in Delaware
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Julie- we are in the same boat with computer issues. Not sure what we’re going to do about it.

Penny - I would be sad leaving a place I love too.

Rita - Hugs to you, some tough decisions to make.

Heather - enjoy the family dinner.

Kylia - I had to laugh at your embarrassment, I’m sorry. My DH would do the same thing.

We are in the heat wave here too. Not as hot as some of you. It makes for poor sleep in a mobile home with no AC.

I believe my cousin has unblocked me in FB unless it’s only because her son is still my friend and she posted a post with him tagged. I am not poking the bear, I’ll leave it be for her to choose her actions. I am just happy to see her post.

We have spiders everywhere this summer. I read that if you keep destroying their webs they will leave. I also read that lemon dish soap sprayed where they like to build helps. I sprayed the whole deck about 1/2 an hour ago and there is already one working on a new home.
    Any suggestions? I don’t really want chemicals because of the Grands and Grandpup.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Well its 2:18 am here,i fell asleep a little after 7 last night, the heat is a doozie..i did make an appointment for Trudy and I for a pedicure today at 11 am figure i will give myself a birthday present..
    Tomorrow is my 61st birthday and the good lord has blessed me with another one.. after this past yr im lucky to be here..
    Hugs to all that need them,and Rita my friend im keeping you in my prayers.. its such a aweful thing to go through, you all helped me through my 2nd divorce and let me vent.. but you only live once and you dont want to live in a miserable situation.. thinking of you xoxo