• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌱🌿🍃
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Afternoon/ evening ladies
    Back from dinner out with my gal pals had a nice time,didnt get to go with Jim for the walk through but he is just giddy with excitement..
    So fun to see...
    Had a couple of sugar free hard candys.. bad bad mistake 🙄 ill live to tell the story..
    Havr to take Homer to vet in the am and will bring him over to spend the day.. Dan working 3-9 and he will take my car overnight..that way I dont have to go out at night to bring him home..
    The girls had ice cream and i didnt have any,my tummy was bothering me and im not supposed to have it anyway.. when i went shopping i did buy some italian ice.. so if I want something cool I can have that.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Barbara-thanks so much for sharing your perspective on retirement. Since I mentally made that decision Tuesday I feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders. I have started mapping out the items I want to pull together (some of those items you just never seem to find the time for that will help the organization). By the end of the year we should be on a firm post-covid work plan and a good time to turn things over.

Lisa-that is incredible about the VA pathologist. You are fortunate he is gone. Makes me wonder though how many more like him may be out there impacting people’s health.

Rebecca-Athena does have a very expressive face!

Janetr-I did not realize knee replacements could slip out of place. Does it impede walking also? Just sounds uncomfortable to me. I have a fear that one of my hip replacements may dislocate (and I know that happens rarely) so I do try to follow the few precautions I have with them.

After a rainy, gloomy day here there was a break in the rain so I could get my walk in after work. Warming back up tomorrow with no rain. Was anticipating the weekend when I remember we have our Synod Assembly on line this weekend (I'm council president so I am rather obliged to attend). It starts tomorrow night at 7:45 and resumes Saturday morning at 9. Since it will mainly involve listening (with a few votes taken) I may keep some papers from work I need to sort handy and work on that some. Better than having the computer on and the tv!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    This has been a good day for food shopping. We’re home and getting ready for fixing dinner.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Did my dumbbell workout! And rode Henry today. My seat didn't feel secure but my instructor said I was fine. Henry had eaten too much clover and was drooling. It was really gross. Now I have a new image to curb my appetite!

Annie in Delaware
  • LifeILuvUFeelinGroovy
    Options
    Hey everyone! Such stress coming up in my world. Hoping I can stay focused. A co-worker is leaving so I'll need to do 2 jobs for a few months until someone is hired. Any tips? I am somewhat of a workaholic if I get behind, but not allowed to work overtime. I usually just work on the down low to try to stay caught up.

Ginger, Great! I am working on mindfulness to. I tried the fasting, but I just get hangry and irritable LOL

Tracey, I can relate! I was in IT before I retired and moved to HR. System implementations are so stressful and frustrating!

Hi Laura, I totally get this too. I start strong every time, but can't seem to stay consistent. We can do it!

Janet, health is such a blessing I totally agree, but Radiation wasn't that bad for me. I did 7 weeks after having breast cancer. Mine was M-F at 6:45 every morning and I went to work after it. I was very tired, but it was bearable. Everyone is different, but hopefully it will go well.

Hope everyone has a great night!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    f8yfznlqb1vn.png

Pandemic - it ended for us last July. The last locally transmitted case was May 2020, over a year ago but they kept the shutdown for a little bit longer. For my husband and me, my working from home and having a break from the world was exactly what we needed.

March to July last year was the best few months I've had in several years.

Retirement - I'm 54 and ready to retire now. But I suspect I will have to keep going till 70.

Hey everyone! Such stress coming up in my world. Hoping I can stay focused. A co-worker is leaving so I'll need to do 2 jobs for a few months until someone is hired. Any tips? I am somewhat of a workaholic if I get behind, but not allowed to work overtime. I usually just work on the down low to try to stay caught up.

Prioritise.

Do the most important stuff and leave the rest. If questions are asked, tell the truth ... I'm doing 2 jobs so I'm prioritising. When you hire someone, we will catch up.

The trouble with taking on 2 jobs and doing it all is that it makes management think that they don't need to hire someone after all.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am resting and happy to leave shopping alone for a day or three. I look forward to yoga tomorrow morning. <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Janet – missed you!
    Rebecca – great pics !!!
    Jodi – welcome
    Pip – I am glad you like the heat, it is not something I have ever adjusted to - Does Kirby enjoy it as well?
    Yes go for the Chair!!!

Smiles, Kim in Northern California
  • effi098
    effi098 Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi all, I would also like to join you! I am Effi, a few years below 50 and I struggle to keep myself in check so would love to have more people around me that are motivated! Good luck everyone!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    👋🏻 Just saying hi this evening. Will catch up later.

Tracey