Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Women 200lb+, Let's Get The Job Done This June!!!

Replies

• M0th3rGooseM0th3rGoose Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Age 37
    Height: 5' 8"
    SW: 224.9
    CW: 217.7
    GW: 160

Weight tracking:
    June 4: 212 (-5.7)
    June 11: 211.2 (-.8)
    June 18:
    June 25:

So this mornings Weigh in was unexpected- I weigh daily and it was kind of all over the place this week but I am back to feeling good and my water intake has been up the past couple days

So we joined a YMCA and I have a couple goals to push myself a little out of my comfort zone
    1) try the rowing machine. It had always appealed to me but the last gym I went to was kind of snooty and I was always too intimidated to
    2) partipate in the classes even though I know I will probably be the one in the back struggling more than most

@Spotteddingo colds are miserable I usually gain at least 5 lbs when I have one. I think it is going to be rough as people are out more and we are around more germs than we had been for the past year

Love reading everyone's updates and encouragement I am just terrible at trying to tag people and remember what I was going to say
  • sargemarcorisargemarcori Member Posts: 9 Member Member Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, Janelle! Where in PA? I'm originally from Franklin, about two hours north of Pittsburgh.
  • uyisteruyister Member, Premium Posts: 131 Member Member, Premium Posts: 131 Member
  • sarah12277sarah12277 Member Posts: 112 Member Member Posts: 112 Member
    June Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 225.4
    GW for June 218
    UGW 145

6/1: 222 lbs
    6/8: --Mom's house; no scale
    6/15: 225 lbs - Mom's scale; unsure if real from high sodium this week or scale is just higher than mine
    6/22:
    6/29:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -Continue logging on MFP
    -Work out 5x per week – 3 cardio & 2 strength
    -64 oz of water each day

Back to Mom's house this week. Just made things easier for the few days and one of her house projects is done. Now for the next guy to get scheduled. Starting to get on one of my projects for her house - going through my dad's things he stashed in the basement as he's likely won't be coming to get them so it's all mine. If I can get room down there, that would be the most helpful to her and me. The best and easiest was a box of boxes; yup that can go.

@kelMee2 Absolutely. That's my life. I may not be perfect but eventually the scale will go down on it's timeline; not necessarily mine. Could I do things differently to help; sure but that's not really my life. I have to accommodate. I learned that with my last weight loss success and the anxiety I saw with it. It's slower this way but it mostly works for my sanity ha.
  • miichan15miichan15 Member Posts: 6 Member Member Posts: 6 Member
    @uyister

Omg congrats on the one year anniversary and amazing weight loss!!
  • goal06082021goal06082021 Member Posts: 1,084 Member Member Posts: 1,084 Member
    So last week I tried to order one bunch of bananas with my groceries, but Instacart being how it do, the picker got me exactly one (1) banana. And it was green. Okay, fine. I left my solitary banana out on the counter for a while to ripen and figured I'd eat it this weekend. Then I remembered I also have oatmeal and eggs, so I decided to make a banana oatcake for breakfast since I haven't had it in a while - I think I posted about it somewhere on these forums a million years ago, might have been with an older account. I wanted to share the recipe again because if you like bananas and oatmeal you'll probably like this.

Ingredients:
    - 46g (1/2 cup) instant oatmeal
    - 1 large egg (~50g give or take)
    - 70g banana (about half of a medium one)
    - 21g (~1 tbsp) honey
    - 1g (~1/2 tsp) cinnamon
    - ~20ml (a decent splash) of milk (I use dairy milk, you could probably use a nondairy alternative without issue, I haven't tried though)

Directions:
    Mix all ingredients well in a microwave-safe bowl and nuke until cooked through. I did 1:30 total, in 30-second bursts. The egg gives it structure so it comes out more like a pancake or oatmeal flapjack than a bowl of oatmeal.

1 serving, 368 calories, decent amount of protein (13g according to my diary).
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 2,098 Member Member Posts: 2,098 Member
    I had a really lovely night last night where I got a lot of praise and support for my weight loss, and it really has fired me up to stay the course and keep going!
    I'll weigh in tomorrow and see where I'm at this week.