Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    Ticks,..

Especially when they get ya in a spot you can’t pull them out.

I guess this ol’ boys getting a full meal and will hopefully hop off to hitchhike on something else.

Ticks don't hop off their meal plan. :( Have you seen a microscopic view of their head? They've got barbs which is why if they really latch on for any length of time, it's difficult to remove them. :( My niece went to the dr. for a check-up, had a tick well embedded in her back and she didn't have a clue. They had to use a special tool to remove it. We live in tick central here :( and it's been one of the worst years for them. Good luck Tman and get that sucker outta there! Carefully! If you can't then have someone else do it.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Ticks,..

I guess this ol’ boys getting a full meal and will hopefully hop off to hitchhike on something else.

Ticks don't hop off their meal plan. :( Have you seen a microscopic view of their head? They've got barbs which is why if they really latch on for any length of time, it's difficult to remove them. :( My niece went to the dr. for a check-up, had a tick well embedded in her back and she didn't have a clue. They had to use a special tool to remove it. We live in tick central here :( and it's been one of the worst years for them. God luck Tman and get that sucker outta there! Carefully! If you can't then have someone else do it.

Hmmm, whodathunkit. I thought they did. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Guess I’ll see if my Dr will take a walk in. Or at least see if someone in the waiting room will hook a brother up. 😂
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options
    Ticks,..

Ticks don't hop off their meal plan. :( Have you seen a microscopic view of their head? They've got barbs which is why if they really latch on for any length of time, it's difficult to remove them. :( My niece went to the dr. for a check-up, had a tick well embedded in her back and she didn't have a clue. They had to use a special tool to remove it. We live in tick central here :( and it's been one of the worst years for them. God luck Tman and get that sucker outta there! Carefully! If you can't then have someone else do it.

Guess I’ll see if my Dr will take a walk in. Or at least see if someone in the waiting room will hook a brother up. 😂

Your vet can do it just as well if not better
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Ticks,..

I will cut him out for you, and my fee won't go against your deductible. >:)

Seriously, get that thing off before you get Lyme disease or something equally as unpleasant.

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Ticks,..

I believe iodine can cause them to let go...
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Wow, y’all know how to show concern. I’m just like meh, and just pick them off. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I bought a package of chocolate and powdered doughnuts and a Yoo-hoo and headed up to my Drs office. Offered them to anyone at the door waiting for them to open who would yank the little fella off.

Problem solved. Thank you kind young lady. 🤙🏼
  • JessD9031
    Options
    Powdered donuts are my favorite. Its even in my profile....
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Australia Post
  • JessD9031
    Options
    The day I realized I was too old for free cookies/ candy they give to little kids at businesses and the store.

When I aged out of trick or treating.

Where’s the free stuffs for grown ups!? 😤

Uncle Sam has been giving away free stuffs for the last couple years. Two more stimulus checks and I can retire.
    Options
    The day I realized I was too old for free cookies/ candy they give to little kids at businesses and the store.

you get stress balls, clicky pens, and post-it pads
    Options
    JessD9031 wrote: »

Uncle Sam has been giving away free stuffs for the last couple years. Two more stimulus checks and I can retire.

that *kitten* ain't free :D
  • JessD9031
    Options

You and I know that, but a lot of people think it is. I guess that Big-O Bald Eagle that sits on top of that cracked bell in Philly just keeps crapping out hunnert dollar bills all day and night, right?
    Options

You and I know that, but a lot of people think it is. I guess that Big-O Bald Eagle that sits on top of that cracked bell in Philly just keeps crapping out hunnert dollar bills all day and night, right?

pre-paid visa debit cards lol

also, I find nothing stimulating about giving me back money that was mine to begin with.
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    4kshn61aagvv.jpg
    owusle3c331z.gif
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options

you get stress balls, clicky pens, and post-it pads

😔

I think it’s all those work pizza parties no one wants
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options

Kids shouldn't eat cookies and candy. It'll give 'em a sweet tooth.

That's why adults need to take it themselves!

(Also, seriously, unless there's a sign, it's for everybody. And even if there was a sign, I'd take it anyway.)

(I like my cookies and candy. 😀)
  • PAWGliacci
    PAWGliacci Posts: 346 Member
    Options

you can just take whatever you need out of the office supply closet at work- that's what its there for.
    heck they even have stuff like free toilet paper, garbage bags and cleaning sprays in the janitor's closet down the hall