What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    The day I realized I was too old for free cookies/ candy they give to little kids at businesses and the store.

When I aged out of trick or treating.

Where’s the free stuffs for grown ups!? 😤

Senior citizens get discounts on coffee at McDonalds. :)
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    PAWGliacci wrote: »
    The day I realized I was too old for free cookies/ candy they give to little kids at businesses and the store.

you can just take whatever you need out of the office supply closet at work- that's what its there for.
    heck they even have stuff like free toilet paper, garbage bags and cleaning sprays in the janitor's closet down the hall

Our janitor buys her own cleaning supplies and you’d best not be touching those - if you know what good for you anyway
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Kids shouldn't eat cookies and candy. It'll give 'em a sweet tooth.

That's why adults need to take it themselves!

(Also, seriously, unless there's a sign, it's for everybody. And even if there was a sign, I'd take it anyway.)

(I like my cookies and candy. 😀)

I do be takin’ some candy from time to time.
    I’m also jealous of free dog treats. Dogs already don’t have to work or pay bills, why do they get the treat!? 😤
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    PAWGliacci wrote: »

you can just take whatever you need out of the office supply closet at work- that's what its there for.
    heck they even have stuff like free toilet paper, garbage bags and cleaning sprays in the janitor's closet down the hall

I do be taking gloves from time to time... u7aq5jgkl9ug.gif
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Senior citizens get discounts on coffee at McDonalds. :)

And apparently free college classes 😤 Discounted breakfast!?😤😤😤
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,516 Member
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    Wow, y’all know how to show concern. I’m just like meh, and just pick them off. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I bought a package of chocolate and powdered doughnuts and a Yoo-hoo and headed up to my Drs office. Offered them to anyone at the door waiting for them to open who would yank the little fella off.

Problem solved. Thank you kind young lady. 🤙🏼

Right?
    I couldn’t possibly even count the number of times I’ve had ticks biting me, since I was a little kid.
    The worst are the teeny tiny babies that you can feel but barely see.
    Nasty little blood suckers.

• JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    The house 2 doors down from us is the same color as our house. That house is for rent but they don't have the house numbers visible so people keep knocking on our door. It drives my dog nuts. I'm thinking of posting a "not for rent" sign.

Take a two months deposit, a damage waiver, and tell them they can move in next tuesday. Then when they show up act like you don't know what they are talking about.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    JessD9031 wrote: »
    The house 2 doors down from us is the same color as our house. That house is for rent but they don't have the house numbers visible so people keep knocking on our door. It drives my dog nuts. I'm thinking of posting a "not for rent" sign.

Take a two months deposit, a damage waiver, and tell them they can move in next tuesday. Then when they show up act like you don't know what they are talking about.

I'm so tempted! My husband answered the door for one of them today (he's easily confused) and sent them two streets away to a house that's for sale. Bet that baffled them.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    JessD9031 wrote: »

Excellent! I need a job. You've just created one for me. Cheers!
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    florafaun wrote: »
    ♡childhood memories
    ♡wanting to eat despite not being hungry
    ♡feeling dissatisfied with my current life but kind of lost about how to create a dream for the future

Hang in there. I'm in the same spot. Everyday is 1 step closer to a better life. :smile:
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Not today but everyday- my dad's driving. I get a mini heart attack everytime he gets behind the wheels. Thankfully, he has mellowed with age but before that he was very prone to road rage. The way he drives I'm lucky we've not had a serious accident :s
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    When my coworker, who answers the phones (and I thank God for that every day cuz people annoy me), tells me someone wants to make a payment and the reason they called is nowhere close to that.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    These collection agencies don't even say bye or anything. Just got a voicemail that ended abruptly with, "you have been notified" *click*

No manners at all!
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Blueberry cookies masquerading as chocolate chip cookies.

Blueberries > Chocolate Chips 6 days a week and twice on Sunday.

However, notice that I did not hit the disagree button....