What irks you today?

Replies

• BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    I bought bissell jet scrub pet for my carpet and idk if it’s working correctly. It might be user error as I lost the instructions. The stain is still there so idk what I have this for now if all it does is wet the carpet. 😑

This may help... Folex Instant Carpet Spot Removal spray. Long ago, a guy at Home Depot told me they use it to spot clean carpeting & remnants & it always worked, fast.

I used to have a Big Green Machine & I like the concept of wet and/or hot spot cleaning, but it cleaned nothing, including car seats. Someone recommended it & I bought it for $100 on sale... donated it to the Goodwill.

Folex took out a 2 sq ft red wine stain that had been lingering for 4-mos in beige carpeting & also the red Cool-Aide or whatever juice a neighbor's little monster lunch-lost all over another section of my carpeting.

Spray & with a wet sponge, rubbing it makes it magically, instantly disappear before your eyes. Bonus is, there's no scent. I've also used it on tapestry pillows & a wool jacket... all successfully with no damage to fibers.

It's very pricey at some stores (Ace Hardware, Bed & Bath) & cheap at others (Lowes or Home Depot, I forget which, so shop around online before venturing out). I think I paid $8 for a very large bottle (I'd guess 22-oz). I forget if Target has it. Hope that helps.

4zfptsm63sp3.png
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    mistwitch wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I irk me today. My words and tone keep coming out wrong

What do you mean by that? Was it something I said?
    My brain is glitching Reenie. I can’t even tell if you’re joking. But no, I just feel like nothing is coming out right

Sorry. Should've added the JK huh? :)

Trust me, I have days like that too. I simply stuff my size 10.5 foot back into my mouth where it belongs and apologize, even it I don't feel responsible. But then I always feel responsible because that's who I am. ;)
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I bought bissell jet scrub pet for my carpet and idk if it’s working correctly. It might be user error as I lost the instructions. The stain is still there so idk what I have this for now if all it does is wet the carpet. 😑

This may help... Folex Instant Carpet Spot Removal spray. Long ago, a guy at Home Depot told me they use it to spot clean carpeting & remnants & it always worked, fast.

I used to have a Big Green Machine & I like the concept of wet and/or hot spot cleaning, but it cleaned nothing, including car seats. Someone recommended it & I bought it for $100 on sale... donated it to the Goodwill.

Folex took out a 2 sq ft red wine stain that had been lingering for 4-mos in beige carpeting & also the red Cool-Aide or whatever juice a neighbor's little monster lunch-lost all over another section of my carpeting.

Spray & with a wet sponge, rubbing it makes it magically, instantly disappear before your eyes. Bonus is, there's no scent. I've also used it on tapestry pillows & a wool jacket... all successfully with no damage to fibers.

It's very pricey at some stores (Ace Hardware, Bed & Bath) & cheap at others (Lowes or Home Depot, I forget which, so shop around online before venturing out). I think I paid $8 for a very large bottle (I'd guess 22-oz). I forget if Target has it. Hope that helps.

4zfptsm63sp3.png

I’ll keep an eye out for it. 4 cats and two bunnies are no joke. 😩
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    People who respond to a forum post that’s like
    “What’s your favorite brand of soap?”
    with answers like
    “Cream Cheese!”

Like, OK. Maybe they don’t get the concept?
    Or are just responding to boost their stats or something?

Anyhow. This irks me.

How about when people feel the need to post even if they can't contribute anything to the discussion:

OP: "What's the best way to cook beets?"

Responses: "I hate beets." OR "I've never had beets."

Then WHY are you responding?? They didn't PM you with this question...just move on.

Omg…like in an “Amazon Question”
    Q: “How do these pants fit?”
    A: “I have no idea I haven’t received them, I imagine they fit fine.”

It’s almost like people think they HAVE to answer when Amazon sends that automated email out.

Exactly! Why are you wasting everyone's time with this non answer???
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I irk me today. My words and tone keep coming out wrong

What do you mean by that? Was it something I said?
    My brain is glitching Reenie. I can’t even tell if you’re joking. But no, I just feel like nothing is coming out right

Sorry. Should've added the JK huh? :)

Trust me, I have days like that too. I simply stuff my size 10.5 foot back into my mouth where it belongs and apologize, even it I don't feel responsible. But then I always feel responsible because that's who I am. ;)

I have 2 super powers. The power of invisibility (a car literally rear ended me when I stopped at a stop sign and the person said he didn't see me there) and being able to find a way to blame myself for anything going wrong. (I didn't know my invisibility switch was turned on!)

Which brings me to being irked when people get down on themselves. I do it too but that doesn't irk me.

I also use the word "irk" a lot in real life now but that only just makes me laugh. 😀
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,113 Member
    edited July 2021
    People who respond to a forum post that’s like
    “What’s your favorite brand of soap?”
    with answers like
    “Cream Cheese!”

Like, OK. Maybe they don’t get the concept?
    Or are just responding to boost their stats or something?

Anyhow. This irks me.

How about when people feel the need to post even if they can't contribute anything to the discussion:

OP: "What's the best way to cook beets?"

Responses: "I hate beets." OR "I've never had beets."

Then WHY are you responding?? They didn't PM you with this question...just move on.

Similarly: When the OP asks a specific question about their particular situation, and someone types a book of general answers, ending with “I don’t actually experience/have/understand your very specific situation but CICO! Cheerio! Good luck! Toodle ooo!”
  • OpheliaCooter
    When the tiktok video has that “watch until the end” thing like, *kitten* I might
  • OpheliaCooter
    Pulled something in my shoulder/neck area doing nothing AGAIN. Always the same spot it seems
  • Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    Everything Irks me today! It's my Friday, and I'm tired, and today is going to drag!! I am looking forward to tomorrow!
  • michelle_FR
    michelle_FR Posts: 191 Member

4zfptsm63sp3.png

Is this nontoxic for fur babies?
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Slow gas pumps. 17.5 minutes to pump 30 gallons into the truck. But, I had plenary of time to chat with the gals and even had time to organize the Ram boxes. 🤷🏼‍♂️ So I guess it’s ok.

And ticks. Already pulled 2 off me today.

And sweat bees. Annoying little *kitten*.
  • BraydanTaffy
    edited July 2021

4zfptsm63sp3.png

Is this nontoxic for fur babies?

You'll have to research it. I'd assume all chemicals are toxic for any living creature.

I avoid them at all cost, unless there's no other choice. With red stains in beige carpeting in a rental... I just needed to remove it. All I can say is it worked & equally important, with asthma, there was no scent.

Good luck.

ETA: It's used for spot treatment, not cleaning the entire carpet, if that helps.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,254 Member
    That I always upset myself by reading comments from old people on any weight related article 👍 They always be like “back in my day, 20-22 inch waists were commonplace and if you were over 24 inches you were a big disgusting fatty 🤢” Like bro how can that even be healthy cause at bmi 17.5 mine is simply not budging under 24 😭. And then they hit you with the “clothing sizes have been altered to suit the egos of fat women” (actual direct quote) like come on I hear people saying my size is the start of the undesirable range and you want to tell me every old person I walk past on the street thinks I’m morbidly obese 🥲

Don’t read the comments, you’ll feel better.
    How old is old?
    I’m 60, that’s pretty old but I NEVER had a 24” waist, at least not as far back as I remember.
    Of course, the 1970s kept some of my braincells. 😂

Ignore that ****, it really can be a downer. 😊✌️
  • BraydanTaffy
    I thought pollen season was over. This week, I've had gradually worsening stuffy nose, post-nasal drip, itchy eyes & a low grade headache, so something new must be growing, I guess.

Today, I need aspirin & a small can of Coke, which seems to help banish headaches, in the rare times I have them. I avoid both (drugs/sugar), but, the strong cup o' java didn't help... neither did sleeping an extra 4-hrs. I'm just trying to avoid having to take an antihistamine for a day or 2, cuz even the ones which claim to be non-drowsy, aren't for me & I lumber about like a zombie, incapable of engaging thought processes, 'til they wear off.

All in all, it's good... just mild rock kicking & venting on my part.

Have a good week, All!
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Yellow jackets. Grabbing PHup out the shed.

They lit me the eff up.

Y’all’s dead.