WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    TRACEY I'm so sorry about your younger friend passing.

MICHELE
    -I hope your energy came back (you said you were tired in last post) or does soon.
    -that makes sense to store pans there. I've always stored pans in that drawer below ovens (if I remember it's there!) and always seen pans stored in that drawer at others' homes.
    -thank you! it was a nothing boo-boo. I just was annoyed to have to put ice of it for 20 min rather than go directly to recumbent. so I had to kill 20 min and came online to check in, and - at the same time - whinge about the little boo-boo, which passed very quickly thankfully!

BARBARA doing tai chi outside sounds nice. is that your preference ? I see people doing tai chi in many parks often enough. in classes or alone.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I echo Barbie's suggestion of Dan Harris for the meditation. Both books are excellent. I read them after her recommendation. He is very self-deprecating and not woo-woo at all. I follow his suggestion to his anti-meditation doctor wife. That she lay on the floor for ten breaths and pay attention to how tired and achey she is. :p:p:p I do it in bed.

Had a good morning 's editing. The painter is here, putting undercoat on the woodwork. Smelly. DH at cricket. I have DimSum in the IP. :D

Amazon sent me the wrong face serum. I have been buying the same one for years! Luckily, I can take it back to a shop around the corner, totally unpackaged, with just an emailed barcode. Marvellous! I will take the opportunity to visit the fish market.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :) A week after I made the decision to cancel my line dance class, the headline in the paper was about more health measures being put in place in our county so I feel good about my decision. I'm sorry that the virus is still growing but feel better about the difficult choice I made.

<3Michele, sorry to hear about your family's health.

:)Meg glad to see you again.

:) I am grateful to live in my neighborhood with wide flat paved streets and sparse population so walking is safe at any time.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept well.. went and fed my neighbors cat ,she is at her brother's house she had a lumpectomy yesterday and will find out Friday if it is cancerous or not.
    Im going to get the garbage out and pick up Homer
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌻🌞👒😽
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Just a few minutes till spring ...

Some of my many jonquils to celebrate. :)
    txkb9khy7abm.png

u4bcs5lufmsq.png

I've added several new photos, mainly of flowers ...
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Dropped off the Amazon return, which was easy, and then went round to the fish market. Bought monkfish, skate and smoked mackerel. :D
    Hot and tired coming home, so started to feel resentful that, when I reordered the serum, it had come off promotion and was £3 more, plus I had to go out walking. It was not my fault they sent the wrong stuff. :#
    Came back, did 15 mins rowing, then set about getting Amazon to call me. Got through to a very nice young woman who gave me a £5 credit to my account. :D Win!
    I crown myself Queen of Complaining. :laugh:

The pizza restaurant emailed me today asking how my second, complementary, visit had gone. I told them I had written a very nice 2nd review on Google. He wrote back to thank me. :)

I filled in a form today, for a research project for Sussex University, run by the BBC, on KINDNESS. Took about 30 mins. I feel so lucky to live in an area where, on the whole, people are friendly, kind and helpful. I noticed it immediately we moved here. Very open and tolerant. Strangers will chat.

Making lamb and flageolets stew for tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie – Things are worrisome here in Oregon, too. Too many people are not taking vaccination as seriously as they should and CoVid numbers are skyrocketing in many parts of Oregon. The last TV news I watched reported outbreaks in southern Oregon areas. I haven’t turned on TV news yet today. :noway:

Machka – Your spring flowers are gorgeous. :flowerforyou:

Barbara - DH has contacted the Mt Hood Keeshond Club. We will look to them when we are ready to look for a pup. We have grandparent duty in Virginia in October and early November. :star:

Yesterday we took my car in for a tune-up. Today we’re going to get it and will leave DH’s car for its tune-up. DH’s car is older than mine, and likely to be more expensive to tune-up. We will see how much later today. Getting parts may be part of the cost difference.

Katla in sunny NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Our painter was telling me that his girlfriend used to be a mystery diner, and they had some really good experiences. So I've applied! Unfortunately, they say they are only looking for café and fast food visits at the moment in our area, but I thought I would see what it's like. :D I had to write a mock review. :D Worth a try, just for fun.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

PS New people, Please give a name and approximate area at the end of every post. Our brains need a reminder! Xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Well ive got my first heavy cardio workout in a long time lol..
    Went to pick up Homer and got the glider rocker come to find out the poor lady i got it from tried IVF and it didnt take so she adopted dogs instead.. some cuties I got to meet..and she met Homer..
    So the car stalled again ugh dropped Homer at my place and stopped at the garage and will drop the car off in the morning...
    Then I came home and took the garbage out woof . Ok so I let it pile up a bit. And I cleaned out the fridge and freezer.. i wont tell you how old some of that was 🙄
    It was very heavy so I put it on a dolly to wheel out to the dumpster and the second bag broke open all over the darn place ,so i tromp back with the dolly with gunk all over me drop the dolly off go get more garbage bags and paper towels and go and clean up the mess.
    Lord talk about a work out...that was it....but glad its done.. now cooling off with zero water lemonade on ice and parkin it qith the pups.
    I was texting with Tracy last night..
    With all the covid stuff going on they might not even let me meet my new grandson ,just through facetime...
    I dont understand they have a unvaccinated teeneager going to school daily ,and a grandma who stays home and is tripley vaccinated, but hey its there choice.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Heather, I had to laugh! I read “flesh” instead of “fish” lol. “Amazon sent me the wrong face serum. I have been buying the same one for years! Luckily, I can take it back to a shop around the corner, totally unpackaged, with just an emailed barcode. Marvellous! I will take the opportunity to visit the fish market.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx”

I have to teach tomorrow, but beginning to get concerned over CoVid. My vet just called and canceled my pup’s appointment b/c of CoVid. And my local Dunkin’ Donuts has closed twice this month due to CoVid. NM has a 64% vaccination rate among adults 30 and over but the younger folks are at only 40%.

Sinus‘a have been a bugger. Allergies, my pup too! Getting her an expensive script next week for that, apoquel. If anyone knows of a less expensive place to get it, I would appreciate it. Currently $75 for 30 pills. Luckily she only gets a half one.

RvRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Our painter was telling me that his girlfriend used to be a mystery diner, and they had some really good experiences. So I've applied! Unfortunately, they say they are only looking for café and fast food visits at the moment in our area, but I thought I would see what it's like. :D I had to write a mock review. :D Worth a try, just for fun.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

PS New people, Please give a name and approximate area at the end of every post. Our brains need a reminder! Xxxxxxxx

I have been a mystery shopper(mystery diner but also all other shops) for many years. They are fun to do and love being able to give reviews- both good and bad. I have had some amazing service at some and some that was beyond terrible. I have now started a few merchandising shops and looking to do more now that my daycare girl is in school in the mornings.

Debbie
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Meg--Great to see you. Missed you.

Heather--Bea is so cute, she reminds me of you.

Tracey--I have let HR know the person I want to hire and now they do their part and I am hoping to have her training by the middle of Sept. I am looking forward to going back to 44 hour weeks. Just got a call from HR and they are doing an 8 percent pay increase and wanted me to know they are offering this new person the new rate. Sounds interesting and hope that I get the notice for the rest of my staff soon.

Just call a text from DH and my nephew's ashes were delivered to him at work. One step closer to getting this done. Tomorrow DH will go pickup the marker and soon as I hear back from my Uncle about the cemetery schedule will get this done.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michelle – I’m so sorry to hear that your son in law has been diagnosed with Corona Virus. I hope he gets through it okay. I would not visit until he is well again, either. :noway:

Machka – Glorious flower photos!!! :star:

Errands to run again this morning. My car is back and I need to get some prescriptions and do some food shopping.

Katla
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options