So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm bushed tonight. For dinner I'll have some surf and turf with a baked potato and lots of butter, and a coca cola. For desert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and an iced mocha. Guess we'll have to keep Viktor away from the cinnamon, and icing. Francois can keep those under lock and key. A little pecan pie would be good for sunset desert.
    ;
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. Pecan pie with butter pecan ice cream sounds wonderful. I think it’s a good evening to sit by the fire in the club room in my recliner and fall asleep. I’ll put on my fuzzy bunny slippers and find a cat to pet.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I'm not very hungry, having eaten everything in sight for the past 2 weeks. But I could really go for a premium cup of coffee right now.
    Course coffee goes better with warm homemade pastries so maybe I'll have just a taste of all the pastries. :) Nobody will wonder why there's a bite missing from each one, not with a raccoon on the loose. :)
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone. A perfect day outside in the real world. Didn't want to come back in. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a coca cola. For desert I'll have some of Betty's Cookie and milk cheesecake brownie bars. I read the directions on how to make them and don't think I would have the patience to wait for all that baking to be done. So I'll let Francois whip them up. An iced mocha with that of course. S'mores sound good for sunset desert tonight or maybe another one of those bars.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the s’mores are really good with melted caramels on them. It’s the perfect night for roasting marshmallows.

Reenie, I saw what you did!!!! Besides, our raccoon has a misaligned fang. No one is going to believe it when you try to blame Ophelia. The goats like pastries and they’ll eat anything. Take these out to the barn and if there’s any left when you get there, I’m sure the goats will eat all the evidence. It might have been easier to just swipe a bunch of pastry baskets. No, wait. Forget I said that.
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I realize this is a cafe but I will be having dirrrrty chinese food, all the worst fried foods you can think of. Dessert will be grocery store style vanilla cake piled high with buttercream frosting.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, are the goats getting fatter or is is just my imagination? For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge slice of good ole fashion meat loaf with lots of mashed potatoes and gravy. Corn on the cob and butter with that please. Also add a coca cola and biscuits. For desert I'm going to have a large chocolate chip cookie with an iced mocha. I'm going to sit out on the terrace with the view of the ocean. It's so peaceful
  • LindaK125
    Options
    The celebration of birthday month continues. Apparently, when you get to a certain age you get to go completely off track for your birthday. So to continue on with my misadventures I’ll have the prime sirloin roast with coleslaw, sweet potato, and roasted vegetables. Let’s not forget the seven layer chocolate cake (okay, I didn’t actually eat the cake) and the iced mocha. Oh, biscuits.

Hey, Zzyyggy, you want some cake? There’s enough for everyone. It is nice out here on the terrace. I usually sit on the other side of the terrace with a view of the farm, but the ocean view is spectacular. Sunset will be coming soon. I can’t wait.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Zzyyggy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, are the goats getting fatter or is is just my imagination? For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge slice of good ole fashion meat loaf with lots of mashed potatoes and gravy. Corn on the cob and butter with that please. Also add a coca cola and biscuits. For desert I'm going to have a large chocolate chip cookie with an iced mocha. I'm going to sit out on the terrace with the view of the ocean. It's so peaceful

That goat with the belly bloat, wedged against the wall isn't a goat, that's me. :/ And does it matter which month we use as our birthday month? I picked mine a month early. :#

So it's breakfast already. What do you all recommend?

First, the good kind of coffee with a sprinkle of real cream(no skim milk) and a tsp. of sugar.

Hmmm, gazing and drooling over all the pastries this morning. Considering Fall is in the air, something with pumpkin or apples, and spice and drizzled icing sounds good. Surprise me. :)
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Reenie, there’s the pumpkin coffee cake with pecan crumble, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes, pumpkin cranberry scones . . . Scones. I’m having pumpkin cranberry scones with mini chocolate chips (bet mini M&M’s would be good, too). I can put pumpkin butter on my scones. Oh, look at those cute little pumpkin pies and the pumpkin swirl brownies (my favorite-I have a lot of favorites). I need to get to the table before I order more goodies. I need coffee. Viktor, we’ll take the table in the dining room by the french doors overlooking the patio. There’s a nice breeze coming in.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I need a table where someone can just roll me out of here at the end of the day, preferably downhill.
    I'm sold on the pumpkin scones slathered with pumpkin butter. :)
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Happy Birthday Linda. I would love some cake. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the barbecued chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob. For desert I'll have some strawberry shortcake with an iced mocha. I hate holidays they really screw up my week with everything being closed.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,549 Member
    Options
    Management gave @PaperDoll_ the day off as it’s her birthday so I’m filling in. Unfortunately she’s a lot smaller than I am so I have to use her skates like a skateboard and please no one make me laugh…I may pop a button 😬

Pumpkin everything with a birthday month candle for Linda, pumpkin scones for Reenie, and the perfect summer dinner for Zzyyggy.

There’s a choice of lemon cake or white cake with buttercream frosting for dessert compliments of Paperdoll. She did lick the icing earlier. Sorry about that!!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,849 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. I’m just sitting here eating cake watching @Cat0703a work. I just know I’m going to be out of a job soon. Look how nice she is to all the customers. I’ve not seen her take a bite of their food yet. Everyone is getting exactly what they ordered. They’re going to expect this from me now too. Ugh. 😒

I can do this. I will be a better waitress! Starting first thing tomorrow! Well... maybe Jan. 1st. It’s too strange to start a resolution during September. 😏
  • ReenieHJ
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Darn, did I miss the part where we sing Happy Birthday or blow out candles, sign a card? Wishing both the birthday gals, Linda and Paperdoll, a belated Happy Birthday and may all your dreams come true!! But if any of them involve a fun party, don't forget who the good tippers are!! Or were, in case anyone loses their job. o:) (don't you hate it when others push the bar too high :))

Ok people, no more calorie laden food for awhile. Back to my healthy living once again.
    So...um, I'll take a coffee with skim milk(ick) and that fake sweetener crap(blech). Now for breakfast I'd like a bowl of oatmeal made with Almond milk, topped with half a banana. Please???

*Putting blinders on while I pass the pastries looking for a table*
    silk sulk.
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    0ri18sz4bv2i.png
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I’ll just take a bite of everyone’s food today plz. 🦝
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Sorry, I’ve been as quiet as a mouse. Well. Ophelia, I suppose you can have a bite of everyone’s food, if I can just nibble. Unlike some people, whose birthday month I share, I do not lick the icing (I like the big crumbs best).

Reenie thanks for the birthday wishes. By the way, your order sounds awful (almost exactly what I had IRL without the artificial sweetener)! There must be some way to manage your virtual food better. Don’t tell anyone, but the recliners are motorized and will take you wherever you need to go, even when you’re incapacitated.

Zzyyggy, I see you’re enjoying the ocean view. Looks like NVintage has moved in by the short pier and even has Viktor delivering croissants. Talk about a room with a view. Lovely. I’m sure if it rains Igor will help her carry her things to the inn. He’ll even make sure we’re in Paris in time for breakfast.

I’m not sure who’s taking orders today, although I heard Cat0703a did a wonderful job yesterday. I’m going to order a bowl of tuna noodle salad and I’m going to take that to the man cave so I can finish binge watching Bridgerton. When does the new season start? I also want to know when the second season of The Witcher . . . Oh, wait, December 17th! A very nice holiday gift.

Sunset Dessert on the terrace? Pumpkin swirl brownies and coffee foe me!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,849 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    *Looks around the cafe and places a memo on the cork board: Dear customers, I recently learned I get an entire birthday month! 😃 @Cat0703a will be taking orders the remainder of September. Please be nice. She’s Canadian. It’s also come to our attention that we have a raccoon invasion at the cafe. We’ve decided to keep her as a pet. Please feed her. It is safe as we do not think she’s rabid.*

Oh no... Management just informed me I cannot have the entire month off. 😒 *Tears down memo and puts on skates. Plasters on fake smile.* Can I help whoever is next? 🙂
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, mmmm we must be doing better then I thought we were with two waitresses. I love the ocean view, and the dockside seats. So tonight for dinner I think I'll have the fried clams with french fries, and lots of tarter sauce. A side of cole slaw with that please, and a coca cola. For desert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll set up a seperate plate for the busy waitresses so they can nimble on their way by. Linda I love your sunset desert. I'll have another iced mocha with that please. What shall the rotating view be for tonight? How about the African Savannahs since I just bought Born Free and the Lion King, the second film.