Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,127 Member
    Hi Linda, the supermarket I go to is like that. It's freezing cold in there while you shop and then you thaw out when you get outside. Those northern lights were gorgeous last night. We had heat and humidity again today but a nice enough breeze was blowing out there. Temp was 87 degrees. Didn't do much of anything all day. For dinner tonight oh look Francois has set up the Chineese buffet. I'll start with the chicken fingers, general tsau's chicken, pork fried rice. I'll have a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Although I may go back to the buffet several times.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Zzyyggy, I’m fairly certain I had at least a couple bites of everything on the buffet. I even managed to snag a fortune cookie. I think I’ll have Igor and Jorge wheel my recliner (with me in it) up to my room here at The Inn At The Cybercafe. Viktor promises there will be a pot of tea waiting for me. I know my favorite blue fleece blanket and my blue bunny slippers will be waiting for me, too. Hopefully, by tomorrow morning I’ll be able to move again.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we had another perfect day here in the real world. The humidity and high temps are at bay for a bit. Got in a swim this morning and a walk. I've been walking home from the pool. It's about a half hour walk, but it's all down hill, and I take plenty of breaks. For dinner tonight I'm going to have chicken nuggets and tater tots with cole slaw, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Nice walk Zzyyggy! It wasn’t too hot outside today, but it sure was humid. I had to go out this afternoon for a doctor’s visit and that’s when the sun came out and made the day feel even steamier. At least I got to come home to a nice cool house and a bowl of macaroni and cheese. Now I need some chocolate. Let’s make that lots of chocolate.

Francois made a chocolate mousse pie—he started with a brownie crust, then added chocolate mousse, topped with chocolate whipped cream drizzled with chocolate sauce. Sweetie says I can add some mini M&M’s on the side. Let’s sit out on the terrace and enjoy our desserts on this lovely Thursday evening.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, another perfect day here in the real world. A little hotter then the ones before, but still no humidity. The heat and humidity are coming back next week though. Got in a walk and a swim again today. Had the program pool to myself for a bit this afternoon. Got all my goals done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries and coleslaw, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of that chocolate mousse pie with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’d like a slice of the veggie supreme pizza, extra cheese, please. I’ll have iced tea to drink and chocolate mousse pie for dessert. I’ll be joining Zzyyggy out on the terrace.

Hi, Zzyyggy! I’m glad you’re having nice weather. Hopefully, the better weather helped Vermont and New Hampshire to dry out and recover from the remnants of Hurricane Beryl. We’re having cooler temperatures, but we’ve been having scattered showers everyday. This morning we got 1.5 inches of rain. The sun was out a little this afternoon, but the humidity is really high. I know why we’re getting all this rain. It’s Sweetie’s fault. When he decided to stain the deck he set the can of stain on the deck and that’s when the rain started. It isn’t supposed to rain over the weekend. We’ll see.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we're having nice weather again, but getting a lot of smoke from the wild fires. Haven't done anything all day. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the double quarter pounder with cheese, those yummie french fries, and a root beer. For dessert I'll have a chocolate/vanilla creamy and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    edited July 27
    Zzyyggy, please pass the ketchup. Mm, fast food for dinner. I haven’t had that in ages. I’d really love to have an actual iced mocha. I’ve never had one of the iced coffee drinks with whipped cream on top. They look good, however, my dairy allergies make me hesitant. Fortunately for me, everything the cybercafe serves tastes delicious and I never have an allergic reaction here. Viktor has promised to bring me an iced mocha while we enjoy the sunset. We can watch the sun setting over the ocean. It’s truly amazing how we can watch both sunrise and sunset over the ocean from the terrace at the cybercafe.

Oh! It didn’t rain today 😊. It still feels pretty humid, although it’s less humid than yesterday, and the temperature stayed in the mid 80’s.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, It's starting to get hazy, hot and humid around here, plus we have the smoke from the wild fires. Got in a walk this afternoon, and got the rest of my goals done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, dinner rolls, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple pie with vanilla ice cream, and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Our Sunday roast beef dinner was delicious. I’m ready for dessert now. Apple pie and ice cream will be perfect. I asked Francois to add caramel sauce to mine.

We didn’t have smoky skies today and it didn’t rain. Tomorrow the rain is back and by Tuesday the temperatures will be back up in the 90’s. 😩
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, It was another smokey day out there. Hazy, hot and humid. Didn't get either a walk or swim in. Got the rest of my goals done though. Temp is 87 degrees with 60 percent humidity. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the barbecued chicken with potato salad and corn on the cob with lots butter with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I’m heading out to the terrace to enjoy the evening here at the cybercafe. At home it’s been a cooler, rainy day, but out here on the terrace the sun is still shining. Sweetie made Zucchini Parmesan for dinner tonight and Francois made garlic bread and salad to go with it. I ordered espresso with a twist of lemon and balsamic macerated plums and berries topped with creme fraiche served with almond chocolate chip biscotti for dessert. My friend, Priscilla, used to serve this for dessert. It was delicious. Priscilla was a fabulous cook and it was always a delight to spend an evening with her. She passed away last year, but I still have wonderful memories of our time spent together.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, It's storming around here right now, but it's been hazy, hot and humid all day long. Got in a swim this morning and a walk. Went to the Shelburne Museum for bit. I'm starving right now. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll sit out on the terrace and enjoy the nice breeze.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, dinner was delicious—I ordered the roast beef, too. Here’s Viktor with our cookies and iced mochas now. I saw where Lyndon, Vermont had flash flooding on Monday night. It looked really bad, especially knowing they had flooding from the remnants of Hurricane Beryl, too. That’s way too much rain.

I’m not sure whether I’ll make it in tomorrow. I’m having surgery and I don’t know if they’ll let me come home afterwards or if I’ll have to stay overnight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Hope your surgery goes well. We'll keep the lights on for you. It was another hazy, hot and humid day today. Got in a walk this evening, and got most of my other goals done. Spent the afternoon playing bingo and chit chatting though. Didn't get a whole lot done, but it was fun. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the lasagna with garlic bread, a salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I’m finally home. I thought the hospital was going to keep me another day, but my bloodwork finally came back okay. Francois has promised to make a big bowl of macaroni and cheese for me. Yeah! I’m ready to sit back in my recliner by the pool and take a nap.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, glad the surgery turned out good. Welcome back to the cafe. I'm starving and tired tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the chicken Mcnuggets and french fries from you know where, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a couple of their apple pies. I should really get out to Mcdonald's sometime. We had another hazy hot and humid day today. Got in a swim and a walk this morning before it got too bad, and got my grocery shopping done.
  • Zzyyggy
    Another hazy, hot and humid day. The high temp was 95 degrees with 90 percent humidity. Not a good day to be outside. Haven't done any exercising, but got the rest of my goals done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries, cole slaw and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. I need a chocolate fix. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Hey, Zzyyggy, you’re having North Carolina weather! Tomorrow it’s going to cool down to 87 degrees and rain—thunderstorms throughout the afternoon and overnight. That’s why Sweetie’s out mowing the lawn this evening. He cooked dinner first. We had sundried tomato chicken with sweet potato and green beans. 😋. It was delicious, however, there was no dessert. A chocolate fix sounds really good right now. I think I’ll order chocolate ice cream with brownie crumbles and mini M&M’s with a scoop of caramel chocolate swirl vanilla on top with fudge sauce and whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles and three maraschino cherries. And maybe extra M&M’s on the side. And coffee with cream and sugar.

Sweetie says he’ll have some dessert, too. He just finished mowing the lawn and it started raining. 👍🏻
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, guess he finished mowing the lawn just in time. We're still having hazy, hot and humid weather here. Did my walking grocery shopping in a nice cool huge grocery store this morning. Got most of my other goals done as well. For dinner tonight Francois has grilled up a porter house steak for me with baked potato, corn on the cob, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I had the real thing this morning at the Starbucks in my grocery store, boy did that taste good after all that shopping.