Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sorry you’re feeling sick. Hope you feel better soon. Me, I’m healing up nicely from my hysterectomy. The cancer is gone, so I don’t have to worry about that anymore. We had another beautiful day—not at all like our usual summer weather.

Those s’mores brownies sure look good. I’m going to order a s’mores brownie and a cup of coffee for dessert. I love sitting out here on the terrace. The weather is always nice and there are no flies or mosquitoes, although I do see some lightning bugs here and there.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,127 Member
    Hi Linda, I'm glad your healing nicely. That's a hard surgery to go through. I'm still under the weather. I tested myself earlier and it's not covid so far. I'll test again tomorrow to make sure. My next outing isn't until Sunday and I'm meeting some friends at McDonald's for breakfast. I'll make sure it's not Covid before I go. It was a perfect summer day out there and I might get outside for a bit this evening. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter for dipping, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight. Theres a nice breeze blowing, and we might just get to see the northern lights tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, you are not allowed to have Covid! See, don’t you feel better already? Well, I hope you do. Hopefully, you’ll feel better by Sunday. It seems like colds can last for weeks sometimes.

Viktor, I’ll have an old fashioned chili burger on a brioche bun with cheese fries and Dr. Pepper, please. For dessert I’d like a birthday cupcake to celebrate my Mom’s 95th birthday. Her birthday isn’t until next weekend, but I’m starting the celebration early. We’re all getting together on a zoom call next week.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, thanks, I'm actually feeling better today. Got outside and read for a bit. It's a perfect summer day here in the real world. Didn't get a whole lot done. For dinner I would love a porter house steak grilled, baked potato, and a salad with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, I’m glad you’re feeling better. I’ll join you for dessert out on the terrace. I’ll check the ice cream freezer in the gazebo and see if Viktor stocked it with double caramel Magnum Bars.

We had another real pretty day at home today, but the heat and humidity will be back by Monday. Sweetie managed to stain the deck, although he decided not to use the really bright pink/orange stain. Of course, he did stain the one board and after being covered with two coats of a transparent stain it doesn’t look too bad.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I'm going to have the Sunday roast chicken with stuffing, mashed potatoes, squash, lots of gravy, and dinner rolls with butter. I'll have a coca cola with that as well. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. We had a perfect summer day here in the real world. No humidity. Got out for a walk, and some grocery shopping. Had to didn't have anything in the house.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, the cybercafe’s Sunday roast chicken dinner was delicious. I opted for pumpkin pie and coffee for dessert. That’s nice weather you’re having and you sound like you’re feeling much better. 👍🏻

Ah, the Club Room is nice and quiet tonight. I think I’m going to spend the rest of the evening right here reading my book.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we had another perfect summer day today. Spent most of the afternoon outside. Went for a long walk on the waterfront, and did some reading. I love my kindle for that. Temp was in the high 70s with no humidity. I also had a creamy which was very good. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the prime rib dinner with baked potato, carrots, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace again tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy that does sounds like the perfect day up to and including dinner at the cybercafe. Dinner was delicious. I’ve got my iced coffee, my bucket of M&M’s, and my book, so it’s shaping up to be a perfect evening. Sweetie is just finishing up the banisters on the deck and then he’ll be done staining the deck. He didn’t use the odd colored stain, except on the one board. I wonder if he’s going to take that stain back to the store.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, A little hotter and more humid today but not bad yet. Got in a swim, and a walk. Got the rest of my goals done as well. For dinner tonight I'm going for the diner fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, dinner rolls, and peas with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Sounds like you had a good day Zzyyggy. I opted for the diner roast chicken platter with carrots and green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, and rolls. In the real world Sweetie made hamburgers with homemade hamburger buns. They were really delicious. Francois asked Jorge to pick some peaches in the cybercafe’s orchard so he can make peach custard pie. It’s one of my favorite fruit pies and it’s so easy to make.

It’s so nice out here on the terrace this evening. Mm, pie with ice cream and iced coffee or tea for dessert. Perfect.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, it started out cloudy, rainy and blah this morning, but the sun came out in the afternoon. Temp is 78 degrees. Got in a walk in the afternoon and got most of my other goals done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have Lasagna with garlic butter, a salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. I never quite developed the taste for peaches. My mother always said I was crazy, which is probably true, but peaches and pomagrants were never my favorite fruit. The rest of the family liked them.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, I’m not a fan of peaches unless they are freshly picked and peeled, however, peach custard pie is a sweet, buttery treat takes peaches (even canned peaches) to a whole other level. I like nectarines and everyone says they taste like peaches without the fuzzy skin. Do they? They taste like nectarines to me. I’ve tasted pomegranate before, but I don’t remember what it tasted like. Apparently, I wasn’t too impressed. It’s pears I dislike. Most pears have a grainy texture that doesn’t appeal to me, however, it’s the fact that the taste is reminiscent of vomit that turns me off. My daughter-in-law and I were discussing our mutual dislike of pears and she laughed and asked if I was her real mother.

Francois made me my own mini pizza (ha, I wish) and I just finished my coffee and monster chocolate chip cookie Viktor brought out here to the terrace for me. I think I’ll have another cup of coffee while I watch the sun set.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we had another perfect Summer day here in the real world. Just got back from the Shelburne Museum walk, and did a swim before that. I'm starving. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a roast beef sandwich with the works, a bag of chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have one of those monster cookies, and an iced mocha. AAAAh make that two of those monster cookies. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. It’s hot and humid in the Charlotte area today. Fortunately, the weather is perfect out here on the terrace at the cybercafe. Francois made chocolate mousse tarts with raspberry whipped cream. I’m definitely having that for dessert with an iced mocha.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, another perfect day here in the real world. I got a short walk in and got the rest of my goals done. Tonight for dinner I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries, coleslaw and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight. Did you see the peanut butter/chocolate desserts Betty had on her email? I think we convince Francois to make some of them. They all looked good.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. It’s birthday weekend for my mom and me. My mom’s 95 years old. She says she doesn’t need to celebrate birthdays. I think she should celebrate at least a birthday weekend, if not an entire birthday month, especially since the state of North Carolina so generously gave her a second birthday. Yup. She was born at home, but they didn’t get to the general store until two days later and the clerk put down the wrong date. Of course, Mom didn’t know she was two days younger until she was in her 70’s. Think of all those birthdays she missed! She claims that’s too much cake for one person to eat, but I wasn’t thinking of cake, I was thinking of shopping for birthday presents!

Anyway, my birthday gets celebrated by the entire country—no it doesn’t fall on Labor Day (only once it a while), but why quibble over the details? Francois is planning a birthday barbecue and Igor has been decorating. I’m not sure why all the decorations have to be red, white, and blue. I think we could add some pink and peach and green, don’t you? I can’t wait for the barbecue chicken with Alabama white sauce and potato salad and all the fixin’s and ice cream cake with chocolate fudge sauce and chocolate crunchies between the layers.

All that brings me to my order this evening. I can’t stop thinking about that ice cream cake. Yes, I’m ordering a piece of ice cream cake for dessert tonight. See, the thing is, Zzyyggy, peanut butter and I don’t get along well. I like it okay, but it gives me heartburn, so I tend to avoid it. And, yes, I do realize I can still have peanut butter at the cybercafe, but really, ice cream cake or peanut butter dessert? My choice? Ice cream cake wins.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Happy Birthday and yes your mother should celebrate her birthday every year, and you should to. Hope you both enjoy your weekend. We had a rainy wet day today dark and dreary. A good day to read indoors. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the grilled porterhouse steak with baked potato, and corn on the cob with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of that ice cream cake with you and an iced mocha. Again Happy Birthday.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Mm, ice cream cake and more ice cream cake! I’m sure the cybercafe will serve ice cream cake at the Sunday Brunch, too. We went out with the kids for my birthday this afternoon and then visited with my family on Zoom to sing happy birthday and have cupcakes together for my mom’s second 95th birthday. On my actual birthday Sweetie has promised to take me to The Hilltop Restaurant. I wanted to get dessert there because they have really good desserts, except every time we go out I never want dessert anyway. I suppose I could just order dessert, but I’d rather have a wonderful dinner and order something special that I don’t make at home. They have a seven layer chocolate cake that’s delicious. I know this because we ordered a piece on our grandson’s birthday one year and split it five ways.

We had another typical summer day for us. Last night was exciting though. We had about an inch of rain from a line of severe thunderstorms. The thunder was so close and so loud it shook the windows. We’re supposed to cool down into the 70’s and 80’s by Tuesday. I want this to be the end of temperatures in the 90’s for the year. We’ll see.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Happy Birthday again. Why not order dessert and bring it home with you for later? I sometimes do that if it's not ice cream or something like that. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday roast beef dinner since I couldn't find any reasonably priced roast beef in the super market today, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots with onions, dinner rolls, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. We had a perfect summer day here in the real world, Did some reading in the back yard gardens after a long walk, and got all my goals done. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight and watch the whales in the ocean.