Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited August 13
    Hi Linda, I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. Hope you sleep tonight. My blood pressure usually goes high when I'm at the doctor's office, that's why he has me take it at home, and record it. It usually runs between 123 to 130 over 80. I keep a record of it on the computer. We had another great day here in the real world. 78 degree weather with no humidity. Got a swim and a walk in. I went to the Shelburne Museum and walked around there. I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the bucket of KFC fried chicken (I love that Francois knows the secret herbs and spices) with the mashed potatoes, gravey, corn on the cob, and biscuits. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the Terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Wow, a swim and a walk around the Shelburne Museum all in one day. Nice. Dessert sounds wonderful. I’ll order the apple pie and ice cream, too. I wonder when Costco will start selling their pumpkin pies this year. I think they’ll have them at the beginning of September. They’re pretty good. Last year we split one with the kids. I’m not generally into whipped cream, but I like whipped cream on pumpkin pie.

After my doctor’s appointment, where my blood pressure was perfectly normal, we went out to eat and I ordered the steak salad. I’m not sure I’m supposed to eat salad stuff yet, but I think it’s okay. It was a beautiful day—77 degrees was the high! Can you believe it? It was humid, although the dew point was under 70 degrees so the 75% humidity wasn’t bad at all. Why are medical offices and restaurants always freezing? I need to remember to put a sweatshirt in the car.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, you should add grocery stores to that freezing list as well. Glad everything went well for you and that steak salad sounds delicious. We had another perfect day in the real world, but the humidity is starting to creep back in now. Got in a walk this evening. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a salad. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight. Temp is 82 degrees and I've gotten most of my goals done today.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I’m here really late Wednesday or really early Thursday depending on how you look at it. I fell asleep at 6:00 pm. I’ve been so tired lately and I had a migraine headache. I was heading back to bed when I realized I needed to visit the cybercafe. Viktor has promised to bring me a cup of tea and some shortbread cookies. That should help me have sweet dreams tonight. Glad you had a perfect day. Sweetie said we had a perfect day, too.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, the humidity has crept back in, and we have smoke from the wild fires out west. Air quality is not that great. I did get in a swim though, and walked home afterwords. I'm starving. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of beef stew with bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We had a beautiful day here in the Charlotte area. Our humidity was a bit higher than yours was today, but it was still lower than it’s been for a while. We don’t have any smoke from the fires, yet. Sweetie made a delicious dinner with chicken, rice, and vegetables. We decided to have dessert at the cybercafe. Sweetie ordered a big brownie with vanilla ice cream and that wonderful fudge sauce Francois makes. I decided on the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich (or two—they’re not the monster cookies) and coffee.
  • LindaK125
    And M&M’s. Can’t forget the M&M’s.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, again it was hazy, hot and humid today with a lot of smoke from the wild fires. We need a nice gusty wind storm to blow it out of here. Didn't do much of anything all day. For dinner tonight I'm going to go for some macaroni and cheese, fish sticks, corn on the cob, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of those monster cookies with chocolate chips and m&ms and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy it out on the terrace with some nice clean fresh tropical air.
  • LindaK125
    Mm, these monster chocolate chip cookies are the best, Zzyyggy. Here’s Viktor with a refill on our drinks—iced tea for me and iced mocha for you. We actually had another really nice day, but this weekend it’s supposed to be hot and sticky. Next week it’s going to be in the low to mid 80’s without rain. Hopefully, Sweetie will finally get the deck stained. Every time he’s gotten everything set up we get rain or remnants from hurricanes Beryl and Debby.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, We had another hazy, hot and humid day. It's nice and breezy right now, and I actually see blue sky. I'm tired tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon, cheeseburger with onion rings, and a root beer this time around. For dessert I'll have some more of the monster chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll eat it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Nice out here on the terrace tonight, Zzyyggy. Viktor promised to bring me a cup of tea and a piece of cinnamon toast and then I’m heading off to bed. I promised myself I go to bed between 10:00 and 10:30 tonight so I better get going soon.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, it was another hazy, hot and humid day today. Very over casted all day, but so far no rain. Temp is 78 degrees. Got in a walk this afternoon, and got most of my other goals done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the barbecued chicken with potato salad, coleslaw, dinner rolls, and a coca cola. Francois has decided to cook outdoors today. I think the kitchen might be getting too hot for him. For dessert he's made some frosted chocolate cupcakes. I'll have some of those with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, we had the same kind of weather, except it went up to 88 degrees. My weather app kept alerting me about rain and severe thunderstorms, but the storms went around us. It might rain Monday and then it will cool off for the rest of the week. Yeah!

Francois’ picnic dinner was delicious. It was so good I’m not hungry right now, but I asked Viktor to bring me a small pot of tea. I think I’ll sit out here on the terrace with my tea and enjoy the end of the day.
  • Zzyyggy
    It deffinitely cooled off around here. The high today was 69 degrees and we had rain all day. Didn't get a chance to get out for a walk yet, but the night is still young. Got the rest of my goals done though, and two loads of laundry. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and peas with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple pie and an iced mocha. I'll enjoy it out on the sunny terrace. What does the sun actually look like, I've only seen glimpses of it the last couple of days in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Wow, Zzyyggy, your weather was 20 degrees cooler than ours today. We had a mostly sunny day, with a little bit of rain around 7:00 pm. Tomorrow’s forecast looks really nice. Francois’ meatloaf makes a delicious sandwich, which I ordered with potato chips and a Dr. Pepper. 😋. A piece of apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert out here on the terrace sounds great.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, it was down right cold around here today with a high temp of 58 degrees and a cold north wind blowing. I got a trip to the Shelburne Museum in, and a swim. I'm starving. I'm going to have the diner platter of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, and biscuits. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight in the nice warm sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    Sounds like you had a good day, Zzyyggy, and I wouldn’t mind a high temperature of 58 degrees. It was a really nice day here with much lower humidity and the temperature around 80 degrees here. I haven’t been spending much time outside lately.

I think I’ll order the apple pie, too. I love apple pie. I used to make apple pie for my dad. Sometimes I’d add cranberries or pecans with caramel sauce. Yum. 😋.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we had another rainy, wet and blah day. Got in a short walk, and got the rest of my goals done. Spent the afternoon playing Bingo. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the lasagna with garlic bread and a salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, we had an amazing day! It was sunny, the temperature stayed in the 70’s, the dew point was in the 50’s, and the humidity was around 50%. For comparison, last weekend the temperature was around 90 degrees, the dew point was 74 degrees, and the humidity was over 70%. The hot, humid weather will be back by Sunday, for the last week of August. It looks like Sweetie might finally get the deck stained this week (fingers crossed 🤞).

Dinner was delicious. I love when Francois makes lasagna for dinner. And here’s Viktor with my cup of coffee and some chocolate almond biscotti.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we had another cool day with some sunshine, but mostly cloudy. Haven't done much of anything all day. I haven't been feeling well, and been sleeping a lot. I hope it's just a cold not covid. I haven't tested myself yet. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of chicken soup, with bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have some of that s'mores brownies Betty had on the web sight. Francois saw it too, and decided to make a batch. I'll have mine with an iced mocha and eat out on the terrace where there is plenty of sunlight.