Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,127 Member
    Hi Linda, it was already tomorrow when you signed off. We had another perfect day today. I spent most of it inside playing bingo, but sat outside with the group at my old place and chit chatted for a couple of hours afterwords. There is a great front porch in the shade to sit on there. I'm hungry and tired. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce on it and an iced mocha. I'm in need of a chocolate fix. I'll sit out on the terrace and enjoy the sunset. Maybe there will be a bonfire later with s'mores, more chocolate.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Zzyyggy, I’m here before you even got to dessert! Mm, that dessert sounds good. Viktor, I’d like the devil’s food cake with chocolate ice cream with a big dollop or two of chocolate fudge sauce. Huh, well, I was here early but I got waylaid for a bit. Anyway, Bingo and chitchatting with friends sounds great.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we had another perfect Summer day out there. Got in a swim, and a visit to the Shelburne Museum so I got in a walk as well. Got most of my other goals done as well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with a salad, lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert Francois said he made some of Betty's apple pie cupcakes she had on her email today. They looked really good. I'll have that with an iced mocha. I see Igor has put a few more spider webs up and I really hope that's not a real spider up there in the corner.
  • LindaK125
    Wow, Zzyyggy, looks like you had a great day! Your dessert order sounds good to me, too. I’ll have apple pie cupcakes with my coffee later. Right now Sweetie and I are having hamburgers on homemade rolls. Francois made some french fries and baked beans for our side dishes.

We have tons of spiders in this area of North Carolina. I’m not particularly fond of spiders and their webs. Igor had better not invite any real spiders. 😳
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I think Igor tried to invite Aragog from Harry Potter but the Castle's ghosts didn't let him come. So I think we're safe. I'll tell him no real spiders. We had another perfect day today here in the real world. Got in a swim, and got the rest of my goals done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops and clams platter with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some double chocolate klondike bars, and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I . . . no, just no. No Aragog. No, no, no. No.

Double chocolate Klondike Bar: yes.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, no no Aragog. We had a warmer and more humid day today. I went shopping, and picked up a prescription. I went in the afternoon so couldn't get my iced mocha. I didn't get a walk in outside but did plenty of walking in the store. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the grilled porter house steak with mushrooms and onions, and a baked potato. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some of those klondike bars with an iced mocha. Yup I'll eat it out on the terrace again tonight.. Later we'll have a bonfire and s'mores.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, having s’mores tonight was a great idea. It’s a nice night out here on the terrace. The moon is getting brighter—it’s almost full. I enjoyed dinner tonight. The steak was delicious and I loved the mushrooms and onions. Did you get any of the grilled vegetables? They had just the right blend of herbs and spices, plus the baked potato was perfectly cooked so the inside was nice and fluffy. Oh, oh, almost dropped my marshmallow in the fire.

Thanks Viktor. I really appreciate when you lightly toast the graham crackers for the s’mores. Mm, perfect. Did I get marshmallow on my nose? Perhaps I should try to take smaller bites. Thanks for my pot of tea, Viktor. You are the world’s best waiter.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, it's gotten hotter and humider out there. It's 82 degrees with 80 percent humidity. I tried sitting outside in the shade this afternoon, but it was too hot. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday prime rib dinner with a baked potato, fried zucchini, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'll eat by the pool tonight after going for a swim first.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Hey, you had hotter weather than I did! We had 12-14 mph winds today. So, while the temperature was in the high 70’s and the humidity ranged from 65% to 75%, it was very comfortable. Of course, we’re used to the hotter temperatures with high humidity. It was mostly cloudy today, but there was some sun, but this evening’s sky is full of dark, low, ominous clouds. It’s not supposed to rain until tomorrow morning, however, it was sprinkling when we went out for dinner earlier. Isn’t it nice that I’ve provided such a detailed weather report?

Viktor will be out shortly with my coffee and brownies with mocha icing. I didn’t realize Igor decorated the patio around the pool with strings of mini pumpkin lights. It’s not as spooky as the terrace. The pumpkin planters filled with mums are lovely.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we had another hot and humid day today and it's September. It was 81 degrees with 70 percent humidity. I got in a walk and a swim, and am finishing up my goals. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the barbecued chicken with potato salad, corn on the cob, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate layered ice cream cake with an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the patio.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, it’s raining here. I mean it’s absolutely pouring rain right now. It drizzled most of the day, however, we’re supposed to have more rain this evening and for the rest of the week. It’s been really windy and the temperature has stayed mostly in the mid 60’s. This is typical weather for late October/early November for us. Did we get your weather by mistake? Nah, I realize we can blame the new tropical storm Helene for this weather system. It’s been hanging off the coast for a bit before it decided to push into North Carolina.

Mm, barbecued chicken and potato salad and corn on the cob. Yum. We’re having steak and broccoli here. I really wanted macaroni and cheese, except cheese is making me itch again. That means my dairy allergy is back. WAAAAAAA! I’m very grouchy when I can’t have cream in my coffee and cheese on my veggies.

Chocolate layered ice cream cake sounds marvelous. I’ll have that, too. I didn’t get any for my birthday this year. I had planned on having an ice cream cake, but our plans got changed.
  • LindaK125
    Phew, I was wrong, that wasn’t Tropical Storm Helene. No, Wilmington got over 18 inches of rain (we only got 4.25 inches) in a Potential Tropical Cyclone. North Carolina and Virginia residents will be so relieved. Yikes! I can’t even imagine 18 inches of rain in a 12 hour period. The East coast sure has gotten lots of rain this summer. Is it still summer?

Viktor made me a delicious cup of coffee with cream and sugar and left one of those lovely baskets full of mini pastries on my table. He opened the french doors so I can enjoy the view looking out over the patio and orchards. What a beautiful morning at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda? How is your dairy allergy doing? We had another warm and humid summer day today. Do you get to see the full moon? Check it out if you can tonight. We're suppose to have a partial lunar eclipse tonight as well. I got in a swim and walk today, and I'm starving. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and dinner rolls with lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Alright Igor that's enough spider webs in the trees out here. I hope those aren't real ghosts floating around out here. Don't they only come out in the dark. It's still light out here.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’ll have the macaroni and cheese, please. Double cheese, please. Zzyyggy, I’ve restricted my daily macaroni and cheese intake (ha, so not true). No, seriously, I just need to avoid dairy, hopefully, not forever.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Hope that goes well. I'll have the macaroni and cheese dinner tonight as well with fried zuchinni on the side, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. We had another nice summer day but it clouded up in the afternoon. Didn't get a chance to either swim or walk today. My little cart that I carry stuff around in broke between the Y and home yestarday and I had to carry that and all my stuff home. Needless to say I was a bit tired today and lame. I'm ordering a walker for better walking support and with a basket big enough to carry all my stuff, or maybe I should carry less stuff? Naw.
  • LindaK125
    Oh, fried zucchini! These are delicious. I saw you had blueberry pie last night, Zzyyggy and I’ve decided I’ll have blueberry pie and ice cream for dessert. Sorry to hear about your cart. How awful and frustrating. I find it difficult to limit the stuff I carry. I mean, what if an emergency comes up and I’m not prepared? I do realize that it’s unnecessary to carry a parka in case my plane goes down in the arctic. Besides, I’m afraid of flying and I’m not planning on going to the arctic any time soon or ever. However, if I need to take a plane to the arctic I’ll be prepared just in case disaster strikes.

I didn’t intend to allow the fact that Igor has, once again, gone overboard in the extreme on Halloween decorations. I know he feels that this is HIS holiday. I do understand. But, wow, the terrace has begun looking like a graveyard. I don’t know how he’s managed to make it foggy, even in the daytime. As for the ghosts, well, this is the cybercafe, where anything is possible. Yes, ghosts can come out during the day. Sweetie says he’s a ghostbuster and ghosts can come out during the day, too. See, I learned something new about Sweetie today.

My last post was interrupted. I had to chop vegetables for the chicken I was fixing for dinner. Then I chopped vegetables for the refried beans Sweetie decided to cook for tomorrow. The beans aren’t actually fried. We cook the beans, onions, peppers, and spices in the microwave until the beans can be mashed. Sweetie wasn’t paying attention to them though and they bubbled over. The beans take 20 to 30 minutes and you have to add water as they cook—every 5-7 minutes or so. Sweetie always wants to add all the water at the beginning, which is why it bubbled over. He’ll clean it up. He has to clean out the microwave for me all the time now. We got a new microwave and I can’t reach into it very far. I’ve tried standing on the step stool, but I still
    can’t reach.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, yes I do think Igor goes a little over board, but it's once a year. I love Halloween as well, I started watching all my Halloween specials and scary movies. For dinner tonight I'm going to have pizza and chicken wings. Francois has set up the outdoor pizza ovens. I'll have mine with a coca cola. We had a really gorgeous day here in the real world. A perfect summer day to end the season. Low temps and no humidity. I got in a swim, and went to the museum.
  • LindaK125
    Good morning, Zzyyggy. I didn’t make it in last night. 😢 Fortunately, I love cold or even reheated pizza and Francois saved some for me. Mm, mm, coffee with cream and sugar to go with my veggie supreme pizza with extra, extra cheese, please! Glad you had a perfect day. It was humid here. Things are still drying out from the 4.25 inches of rain from the unnamed tropical cyclone. Oh, sweet, Viktor just delivered a basket of mini pastries to my table. Dessert for breakfast!

Actually, Sweetie woke up at 4:00 am this morning. He’s not an exceptionally quiet person, so I got up, too. Now, two hours later, he’s decided to make more beans with chopped onions and peppers. Coffee, I need more coffee.

Huh, I’m back an hour later to post this. I think I’ll head out to the patio by the pool with my coffee. I’ll just take my basket of pastries with me. There’s a mini cinnamon bun in there. 😋
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, May I join you by the pool. I could go for a swim. We had a really nice day here in the real world. 75 degrees but high humidity. Got in a walk in the late afternoon, and got the rest of my goals done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the surf and turf with a baked potato, coleslaw and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some monster chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. We can sit here and watch the sun set, and maybe have S'mores later?