Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Zzyyggy, Sunday dinner was wonderful this evening. Francois is the best chef in the entire world. Since I had ice cream cake this morning at Sunday Brunch At The Cybercafe, I’ve decided to order a bowl of fresh blueberries served over Truly Chocolate ice cream, of course. 🤭 You didn’t actually think I’d order just fresh fruit, did you? Hmm, I bet that would be good with fudge sauce, too, and some whipped cream on top.

Looks like you had a great day Zzyyggy. I don’t know about bringing dessert home from the restaurant—it is very tempting, although I’m not sure that’s a good idea. I’ll end up eating way too much. Oh mercy, I sound like my mother. Mom really enjoyed seeing the whole family on her birthday Zoom call. My sister had a big party for her with her extended family. My sister’s daughters and their families came, plus, her best friend and her husband and son were there—they’re part of the family, plus her daughter’s in-laws and family came—they live down the street. It was so fun to see them all. All of them have been so wonderful to my mom. And, thanks to Zoom, I got to see my other sister, her husband and most of her kids and grandkids, as well. It would be great to see them in person, but it was lovely to have even a moment with them on Zoom.

Right now it’s a good thing the sun is shining so I can see the whales from the terrace. At home it’s gotten cloudy and dark as thunderstorms move in after a hot and humid day.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,127 Member
    Hi Linda, Yes Zoom is great. We do a family zoom meeting every Monday with my sisters and brothers. Today wasn't that great weather wise it was cloudy, dull and yucky out. Plus cold at 63 degrees. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter for dipping, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace where there is plenty of warm sunshine to sit in.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Wow, 63 degrees! We had a pretty nice day here, but still hot and humid. Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to drop back in the high 70’s for a couple of days. I won’t mind that at all. Now that we’ve eaten dinner and the sun has set, I think I’ll wander inside to the Club Room where I can relax in my recliner and read my book. I’m sure Viktor will keep me well supplied with iced tea and cookies.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we had a perfect summer day here in the real world. I was a bit bumbed out this morning because I found out I hadn't scheduled a ride to swimming and the Shelburne Museum like I thought I had last week, and you can't schedule same day rides. I walked up to the Y from home, and went swimming anyways so I got my swim, and my walk in, I just didn't get to go to the museum. So I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have a baked potato smothered in broccoli and cheese sauce topped with bacon, corn on the cob with lots of butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight and watch the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Gee, at least you had a nice day for a walk. We had a gorgeous day. It was sunny with low humidity, a nice breeze, and the temperature stayed in the 70’s. Ah, lovely. I think I’ll sit out here on the terrace with my cup of tea and enjoy the starlight for a little while longer. Viktor brought me the last piece of my birthday cake earlier. I guess that’s it for another year.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we had another perfect summer day today. Lots of sunshine, reasonable temps, and no humidity. Got in a walk after Bingo, and got the rest of my goals done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We’ve been experiencing a respite from the heat and even though it was mostly cloudy today, it was a lovely day. I had to renew my driver’s license at the DMV today. I only had to wait 2.75 hours! 😳. Fortunately, the DMV is 1.5 miles and two traffic lights away from our house, so I waited at home for 2.5 hours. There was a woman sitting next to us with her six year old son who waited in her car for 2.5 hours. Wow. When we got back home Sweetie discovered that the gasket for the toilet in the powder room was leaking. He asked if I’d like a new sink and toilet. Oh, yes please! Then he even said he could put in a tile floor. I’d prefer to have tile rather than the wood floor that’s in there now. It’s Garbage Eve and I tossed out the banana that was sitting in a puddle of, well, whatever that stuff is because I wouldn’t call it juice. Then I saw the cantaloupe I had forgotten about. To my relief, it was perfectly ripe and wonderfully sweet. This is how exciting my day was.

It’s so nice out here in the terrace this evening. I’m still hungry tonight even though we had dinner, so I’ve ordered a cheese and freggies plate, along with my favorite little cheese crackers. Oh good, here’s Viktor with my iced tea and my evening snack. If I were a Hobbit what meal would this be? Is there such a thing as evening tea?
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, it's always a great time going to the DMV. I won't have to for another 4 years since I got my driver's license renewed last April (4 months late)! I was suppose to renew it in November but forgot and never got a notice from the DMV. That could be because I had previously moved. Anyways we had a perfect summer day again today. Spent some time reading outside, and enjoying the sunshine. Didn't do any walking, my Tuesday's double work out caught up with me today. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the barbecued chicken with potato salad, corn on the cob, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple crisp with vanilla ice cream, and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace again. Francois is an entertaining grill chef, and our Igor is already starting on the Halloween decor. Plus I also have an urge for s'mores.
  • LindaK125
    edited September 6
    Zzyyggy, dinner was wonderful. Francois even made my favorite Alabama white sauce for the chicken. Dessert sounds delicious, but I ate those yummy corn muffins with lots of butter and I think I’ll have to forego the apple crisp and save that for breakfast. Oh, wouldn’t that be perfect for breakfast?

Oh, look, Viktor has all the fixings for s’mores set out. Is it too early for the guys to start the fire pits? Mmphff. . . What? I was just trying to see how many marshmallows I could put in my mouth at one time. Mm, you want some of this chocolate bar? It didn’t drop on the ground or anything.

I noticed Igor had a pile of pumpkin lights out on the front porch. Looks like he’ll be putting them up tomorrow morning. Sounds like you had a well deserved rest day. With a good night’s sleep you’ll be ready to go tomorrow.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, yup I was ready to go today. We had another perfect summer day here in the real world. Had a zoom meeting in the morning, and then spent the afternoon out on a long walk, but first stopped for a creamy at the waterfront stand. When I got home I spent some time outside reading as well. Everybody was down at the waterfront today. Temp was in the high 70s today and it was windy. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries, coleslaw and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have another slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    We had a nice day, too Zzyyggy. That apple pie sure sounds delicious. It’s 2:45 in the morning, so it’s not a midnight snack. Perhaps I could consider this breakfast. Sweetie woke me up when he came to bed. I decided a cup of chamomile tea would help me get back to sleep.
  • LindaK125
    The Chicken Santorini was excellent, Viktor. My compliments to the chef. I would love to have a piece of pumpkin spice cake—the one with the cream cheese icing and coffee with cream and sugar for dessert, please.

When Zzyyggy comes in would you please tell her I’m here in the Club Room, Viktor? Igor started a fire for me. I got my hair done today and Miss Nora had the temperature set on polar ice cap cold, as always. Brr, I’m still defrosting. We had a gorgeous day today at a comfortable 80 degrees, but her salon does have a lots of windows. I guess the sun coming in heats things up.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I haven't been in the club room for awhile. I fell asleep at 3:00 and just woke up hungry. I'll have a hot fudge Sundae with an iced mocha, and join you by the fire. It is nice and warm. We had rain all day in the real world, and the temps have dropped down to the low 60s.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, it's been cold, dark, dreary and rainy all day here in the real world. We had some sunshine but not a whole lot. Got a walk in before the rain came. Had to, I needed some groceries, and didn't want to pay the delivery charge. I just needed milk but picked up a few other things at City Market. Got that done, and most of my other goals. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday prime rib dinner with baked potato, salad, and a coca cola. Plenty of butter for that potato. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight in the nice warm sunshine. Igor has put out a few more witches and jack-o-lanterns on the patio. He's also added some hay bills.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. It’s good you got out even though the weather didn’t cooperate. We had a beautiful day. We spent the morning on the back deck setting up screens and moving some of the furniture around. I’ll have to get a picture tomorrow. I still have a couple of little tables to set out between the chairs. It was cool today with the temperature in the low 70’s. Sometimes the sky was bright blue with big white puffy clouds and then it would become completely cloudy. There was enough of a breeze that we needed to wear our sweatshirts. What a wonderful autumn day. If the weather is warm enough and the sun is shining we could have Thanksgiving dinner outside. And, yes, sometimes it really is that warm on Thanksgiving.

It’s so nice out here on the terrace. Now that it’s dark out the Jack-o’-lanterns are all lit up and looking spooky. Since it’s still nice and warm out here on the terrace at the cybercafe, an iced mocha would be perfect. Viktor said he’ll bring a plate of the crispy little chocolate chip cookies out for us. Did you notice that Viktor and Igor have started wearing black capes with red silk linings? They look kind of like Count Dracula, don’t they? Although I have to admit I’ve never seen a zombie Count Dracula before. Thank goodness they don’t have fangs, that would be too creepy. 🧛🏻‍♂️🧟‍♂️.
  • LindaK125
    Hey, Zzyyggy! Another spectacular day today. Here’s a photo of the screens we put up yesterday:

dbhh481b1f3k.jpeg
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, we had another mixxed cloudy, sunshiny, rainy day. After doing three loads of laundry and a morning full of zoom meetings I finally got out for a walk this afternoon. It started to rain on my way home, but that was fine. I didn't get too soaked. I'm starving again tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf special with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and a coca cola. Lots of dinner rolls and butter with all that. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll sit out on the terrace again and enjoy the warm sunshine. The fireflies are out as well.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I don’t know if you missed yesterday’s post, but I said, “Did you notice that Viktor and Igor have started wearing black capes with red silk linings? They look kind of like Count Dracula, don’t they? Although I have to admit I’ve never seen a zombie Count Dracula before. Thank goodness they don’t have fangs, that would be too creepy. 🧛🏻‍♂️🧟‍♂️.”

The meatloaf special at dinner was delicious. I’m ready for dessert. The blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream will be perfect for dessert. It’s a beautiful night for sitting out on the terrace and watching the stars.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, yes I'm glad they don't have fangs, but that might come later. I did notice the post, but sometimes my fingers type faster then the brain thinks. We had a perfect summer day today. I got in a swim and a walk, although I didn't get to go to the museum. I'll go on Thursday. I'm starving tonight. I'll have the diner fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, lots of gravy, corn, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, I love those perfect days. We’re having them, too, however, the rain is coming in over the weekend. Mm, apple pie and vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel sauce for me. Actually, it’s late and I’m on my way to bed. I’ll be here tomorrow. See you then.