Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I had Francois make me some cheese toast and a cup of his delicious chicken soup for dinner. I think I’ll order a cup of tea and have a cookie or two for dessert. I spent most of my day napping. That’s pretty much my plan for the next week except for when I’m walking in circles around the pool and terrace here at the cybercafe. I’m looking forward to going shopping in the future, which is odd because I’ve never really liked shopping, but it will be nice to get out of the house.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,127 Member
    Hi Linda, it's storming around here. Tonight for dinner I'll have the Sunday Lasagna with garlic bread and a salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and an iced mocha. I'll eat it out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Francois makes the best Sunday Lasagna. Mmm. I was good and didn’t eat too much garlic bread, so now I’m ready for that chocolate cake and coffee.

It’s a beautiful evening out here on the terrace at the cybercafe. I was expecting rain at home today, but the storms stayed south of us. Looks like whatever Debby is planning, whether as a hurricane or a tropical storm, we’re going to get rain—lots of rain for the coming week. Some of the models have the storm heading right toward us. I’m hoping the storm heads out into the ocean instead, which doesn’t look likely.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I hope you're surviving Debby alright. You can always hide out in the cyber cafe. In the real world it's been overcasted all day, and raining off and on. I haven't gotten around to doing anything all day. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some old fashion chicken and dumplings with a coca cola. Lots of butter for those dumplings, and lots of dumplings. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. They say Debby won’t actually reach us until Friday or Saturday, but we’ll be getting lots of rain starting tomorrow. They seem to be having a difficult time with the forecast.

Chicken and dumplings sound good. Around here dumplings look like thick noodles. I like them, but I like my potato dumplings even better. Mine look like gnocchi. They’re really delicious served with butter and freshly grated Reggiano Parmigiana.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. We’re waiting for rain at home. Our weather app kept telling me it was raining, but it just started around 3:00 pm. Here comes Debby’s outer bands. We had a visitor yesterday afternoon. I took a picture through the blinds, so it’s not the best:
    igu0d6m3af3w.jpeg

I think I’m going to find a nice cozy corner in the cybercafe’s Library and take a nap. Francois is making meatloaf with mashed potatoes and carrots for me tonight. That and a bread basket full of rolls and lots of butter at our table will make me very happy. I’m hoping there’ll be ginger molasses sandwich cookies filled with orange cream for dessert. Sweet dreams.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited August 6
    Hi Linda, love your visitor. All I have is a giant spider hanging around outside my window. Dinner sounds really yummy. I'll have a coca cola with mine, and an iced mocha with the cookies. I'll eat in the dining room tonight. Sometimes I just love watching the tropical fish. It was a lot cooler today then it has been. They're forcasting Debby to hit us Thursday and Friday. She seems to be all over the place though. Got in a walk this afternoon, and got the rest of my goals done. Also got some housework done. Feeling pretty contented.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, hope you're doing well with Debby. For dinner tonight I'm going to have macaroni and cheese with broccoli in it, dinner rolls, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll sit out on the terrace tonight. Later we'll have a bonfire and some s'mores. We had a picture perfect day here in the real world. No haze, smoke, or humidity. Got in a walk in the morning and got the rest of my goals done.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, Debby is taking her time getting to Charlotte. It sprinkled a little bit yesterday. We haven’t had any rain yet, even though it was supposed to start raining around 7:00 pm and it’s 8:30 pm now. Schools are canceled for tomorrow because of flooding concerns. It was supposed to be the first day of school for most of the schools in our area. Our grandson started school last week. They thought we’d get more rain yesterday and today, but the storm’s outer bands stayed south of us. It was a nice cool, windy day, but the humidity was off the charts.

The macaroni and cheese with broccoli was delicious. Francois makes the best macaroni and cheese. I miss broccoli. Because I had abdominal surgery I have to eat a soft foods gastrointestinal diet. Macaroni and cheese is okay, but not broccoli. I had some grapes on Saturday, thought I was going to die. I think I’ll order one of those monster chocolate chip cookies and a big glass of milk for dessert. I might manage a toasted marshmallow later on if I can stay awake.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, It's just beginning to get cloudy up here from another storm front. Then we have a lull, and then Debby is suppose to hit Friday afternoon into the night. Early today it was another perfect day. Didn't do much of anything. My back has been bothering me, and I've been sleeping most of the day. For dinner tonight I could go for big bowl of beef stew with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have that giant chocolate chip cookie and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace again tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Well, it didn’t start raining until 1:00 am and by 6:00 am when I got up, we had over 3 inches of rain. Now, at 5:30 pm we’ve got 5.65 inches of rain. I don’t know if we’ll have a whole lot more. It was really windy and we have some branches down, but no flooding in our neighborhood. So Debby did Charlotte and moved on up north toward you. I sure hope she starts moving faster so she’s not flooding out everywhere she passes over.

Sweetie’s making soup tonight. He made the broth last night, now he’s adding the vegetables. Soup sounds real good. Sorry I can’t send some soup over to you. It would help make your back feel better for sure. Of course, beef stew would be good on a night like this, too. And some chocolate chunk coffee ice cream with a chocolate chip monster cookie would be real good right about now.

I think I’ll take a nice nap right out here on the terrace after dinner. Sweetie keeps asking me how much soup I want as I’m trying to post this and I realized I feel asleep for a few minutes and missed whatever he was asking me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Soup does sound good on a day like today. It's been raining really hard all day and is dark and dreary out there. Got some housework done, but not any other exercise. Got the rest of my goals done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some sugar cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace and enjoy the cyber sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    We had a sunny Friday—no more rain, but a whole lot of humidity, Zzyyggy. Oh, sugar cookies and I’m pretty sure Viktor put some double caramel Magnum bars in the ice cream freezer out in the gazebo on the terrace. Of course, if there’s sugar cookies Francois could make banana pudding—you know, the kind with cookies, and vanilla pudding and sliced bananas with whipped cream on top? It’s lovely just sitting here and thinking about it. I could just sit here thinking about dessert and fall asleep. I’m on my second book of the day. This resting stuff is very tiring, so it’s real easy to fall asleep in the middle of the day or anytime at all.
  • LindaK125
    It’s National S’mores Day! S’mores tonight? I’m thinking s’mores brownie sundae. Yes, yes, yes.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, National S'mores day and Betty didn't have any recipes for it. For dinner tonight I'll have a bacon cheese burger with onion rings and a rootbeer. For dessert I'll have that s'mores brownie sundae with an iced mocha. It was a sunny day here with no humidity and a nice breeze blowing after all that rain we got yestarday. Didn't do much of anything though except watch all the boats out on the lake.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, Betty sent me an email with s’mores recipes. You’ll have to check again. Don’t want to miss those! We had a hot, humid, air-you-can-wear day. I spent the day inside, shivering in my sweatshirt, reading my book, and napping. In fact, how early is too early to go to bed? If I go to bed at 8:00 pm will I wake up at 2:00 am? Hmm, difficult decision, although if I sit still long enough I’ll fall asleep anyway.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Today was cloudy, with some sunshine. Again didn't do much of anything. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Sunday dinner of roast chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, winter squash, and dinner rolls with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream, and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Sunday dinner was delicious! I haven’t had stuffing since last Christmas. Dessert was hours ago and I came back in to get a cup of tea. Viktor always adds some shortbread cookies or biscotti. It makes it more special. I think I’ll have my snack delivered to my room at the Inn At The Cybercafe. It is getting late and I’m trying to get to bed before midnight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, today was mostly cloudy with some sunshine, but a lot cooler then it has been. It felt down right cold out there. Finally got in a swim this afternoon, and walked home. Got most of my other goals done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, a bag of chips, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have one of those giant chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll eat out on the terrace tonight, and the enjoy the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. My swim was in the cyberpool today. I think I’ll have one of those chocolate chip cookies and a cup of coffee for dessert while we’re out here on the terrace. Then I’m going to get ready for bed and hopefully, possibly, maybe go to bed early tonight. I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow and those big dark circles under my eyes make it look like I haven’t slept in two weeks. I feel great except for some dizziness and the lack of a good night’s sleep. I don’t know if my blood pressure is too low. Right now it’s 105/62, much better than the morning after surgery when it was 82/49. Yikes! Yeah, except right before surgery my blood pressure was 156/80. You’d think I was nervous or something. I have to start walking again. That should help, I hope. I’ll have to ask the doctor if it’s okay.