So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think the hay stacks, and scare crows can stay, and even the fairy lights. Maybe put some corn stalks around the pool, and the terrace.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    LindaK125 wrote: »
    I’m awake, Zzyyggy. Igor made sure of that. He was very unhappy about having to put away the Halloween decorations, even though Viktor told him many of the decorations could stay through the American Thanksgiving. It’s nice to have the skeletons out of the way and the cobwebs cleared out.

Viktor, I’ll have a small cheese and fruit plate with an iced tea for sunset dessert. Thanks.

Is he setting up the Christmas tree this week? I could go for some Christmas cookies. :)
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Reenie, funny you should mention that. This is usually an issue at my house every year. I think the tree should go up Christmas Eve and come down on New Year’s. Sweetie would love having the tree up from the day after Halloween until the middle of January, but then it’s dusty and my allergies act up. Igor tends to sneak in Christmas decorations early. Most go up on Black Friday, you may notice the holly garland on the fireplace mantle. There’s a life size snowman in the man cave—I’m not sure when that showed up.

There are Christmas cookies! Be sure to order the endless plate of cookies. You can order a selection or just your favorite kind. I think I’ll order fruitcake cookies for breakfast with a nice hot cup of cafe mocha.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Noooo no Christmas tree yet at least until after Thanksgiving. Linda I agree with you Tree up on Christmas Eve, and down on New Year's day. Outside lights though earlier. Although I haven't had a Christmas tree in years. Too much work for just me, and not really enough room. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have raspberry jello with coolwhip and an iced mocha. For some reason jello has hit my fancy lately. Speaking of Christmas trees, Igor will set up at least 5 through out the cafe each with it's own pile of presents.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    JELLO! No, really? I’m not a fan, but to each his own. If it was raspberry preserves and whipped cream served on a brownie or a blondie, I’d be thrilled.

Viktor! One of of each of those desserts, please. But first, roasted herb chicken, sweet potato, and Brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction sauce. Thanks, Viktor.

I made a balsamic reduction sauce tonight for my Brussels sprouts. Delicious! It’s so nice to have such an attentive waiter. He knows I like iced tea with dinner and he brings it right out without me even having to ask for it.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Yes to a bacon cheeseburger, add some sweet potato fries and I'm good. :)

Linda, what do we have to do around here to get an attentive waiter to notice you? I've dog-whistled, snapped my fingers, tripped him while he's carrying a loaded tray(probably not the best idea) yelled his name across the room, peeked in the kitchen and pointed to him, gave him the 'come hither look'....... I need some hints? :) Does he ignore me because I was drinking out of the bathtub?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to go with two fried eggs, some sourdough toast and a coffee today
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to go with two fried eggs, some sourdough toast and a coffee today

No Bacon?

Crash and burn.

And things were looking so good for a minute.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

No Bacon?

Crash and burn.

If it’s served to me I’ll have some bacon 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • bellababy9031
    bellababy9031 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

No Bacon?

Crash and burn.

If you don't want it bad enough to ask for it, I will give it to someone else who appreciates it.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

No Bacon?

Crash and burn.

If you don't want it bad enough to ask for it, I will give it to someone else who appreciates it.

*shrug*
  • LindaK125
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Linda, what do we have to do around here to get an attentive waiter to notice you? I've dog-whistled, snapped my fingers, tripped him while he's carrying a loaded tray(probably not the best idea) yelled his name across the room, peeked in the kitchen and pointed to him, gave him the 'come hither look'....... I need some hints? :) Does he ignore me because I was drinking out of the bathtub?

I . . . I don’t know what to say. Usually I just ask nicely and say please. I’ve never tried your strategy. I wish I could see how this works in person. 😄

Good morning, Viktor. I’ll have the apple croissant and coffee, please. It’s good to see Captain Fantastic again. Is that a new server, Viktor?
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    LindaK125 wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I . . . I don’t know what to say. Usually I just ask nicely and say please. I’ve never tried your strategy. I wish I could see how this works in person. 😄

Good morning, Viktor. I’ll have the apple croissant and coffee, please. It’s good to see Captain Fantastic again. Is that a new server, Viktor?

You mean....use manners? Huh. Never thought of that. And that works?

I'll try anything once.

"Hey You!! Yes You with the ugly shoes! Can I PLEASE have..........whoa wait, you can't throw me out of here!"

*sigh* Well that didn't work. (going back home to pull my Dale Carnegie book off the shelf)
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, busy place today. ReenieHJ sorry about that. Viktor does have his days sometimes. We'll put him back in the kitchen for now. You're welcomed in here anytime. LindaK. Jello and whipped cream was always one of my favorites as a kid and I'm trying to recapture the child in me some nights lol. Tonight though I'm going to have lasagna lots of it with garlic bread and a coca cola plus a salad. For dessert I'll have a slice of Betty Crocker's Devil's food cake, and ice cream and an iced mocha. We had snow today. It didn't stick around but it was pretty to see. It didn't last long coming down though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, Reenie, I’m so sorry Viktor was rude. I think he’s sorry, too. I was talking to Francois about caramel pecan bars and Viktor was putting salads together and shaking his head and mumbling. I didn’t catch what he was saying, but I’m sure he’s s contrite. Anyway, I ordered the caramel pecan bars for dessert tonight.

Zzyyggy, I’m glad you’re enjoying your favorite childhood desserts! I have very fond memories of my mom making fudge, which was a very special treat. Occasionally, she would get it to come out perfect. If only she knew about marshmallow fluff then.

Igor, thanks for bringing my dessert and coffee out. What? Viktor’s mad at me? What did I do? I like his shoes.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Dale Carnegie evidently knows all about making friends and influencing people. I think there might've been a passage about not calling people's shoes ugly too. Not sure though, I fell asleep. I'll be nicer. I promise.

Here goes another try for manners:
    *pasting my oh-so-sweet-but-very-wrinkly smile on my face* Good Morning Viktor! How are you doing this morning? Would it be possible to get a premium cup of coffee this morning with an Apple turnover(or three)? I'd love to share them with my friends over there at that table. Oh Thank You So Much!!

(wonder why he's giving me the evil eye? Doesn't he trust my niceness?)

Why Thank You Viktor, that was very nice of you! And such quick service, those ugly shoes must be running shoes. Whoa wait!! Oh here I go again. :/o:)

NTS: don't mention his shoes.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Here a little early for dinner tonight. ReenieHJ, you were right they were ugly. I think we may need a dress code for the workers here. For dinner tonight I'm going to have spareribs, mashed potatoes, and gravy and beans with lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I would love a slice of Betty Crocker's Chocolate Peanutbutter pie that looked really good and an iced mocha.
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    do you have indian food

I want a whole buffet laid out
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Reenie, you’ll just have to be here when Viktor cleans the pool. He’s barefoot then. It’s lovely to spend an hour in the morning on the patio by the pool watching the pool boys. Sigh.

Hey, Zzyyggy. Looks like Indian buffet extravaganza tonight. You’ll have to have some for second dinner. I’ll just nibble here and there, although Igor makes me put all the nibbles on a plate first. 🙄 @more_oomph made a good choice. I love when they set up the buffet on the terrace. Mm, desserts, oh, my.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, The buffet does look good and I'll have some of the curry lamb stew there served over rice and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have that Betty Crocker pecan pie bar that was on tonight's email. That looked so good, and an iced mocha with that.