So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Throw me a couple slices of Wonder Bread, each equipped with a slice of bologna and slice of American cheese and I should be good

Easy to please! But I think you need to add some potato chips inside the sandwich for some good old salty crunch. I used to do that with tuna sandwiches, as a kid.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Reenie HJ I did that too with my tuna sandwhiches. Dees-Apples your welcome. We had a similar thread which started back in 2013 on spark people and when that sight shut down I thought of setting one up here to see who would come in. LindaK and I have been on the thread for years, and have had some interesting times in there. I'll join you on the out door terrace with a porter house steak baked potato and salad. Add a coca cola to that please. For dessert I'm going to have some pumpkin pie and coolwhip, and an iced mocha. The fairy lights add some charm to the place.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy, what does the cybercafe look like? Oh, yeah, I’m going to let you take that one, since the cybercafe is ever changing, anything you want it to be. Back at the beginning it was a small cafe in a little known place on the southern coast of France, run by ChicChantel.

I came in for a cup of tea and a piece of apple pie. Finally got the apple custard pie made, Zzyyggy. It isn’t something I would make again. Peach custard pie is divine, but apple custard pie? Not so much. Yes, the apples and crust were good, but the custard was just okay. I know the pumpkin swirl brownies are a big hit, but pumpkin pie is less work.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! I’m a little slow tonight. It must be because I’m tired. You started the thread, so the cybercafe cafe is yours. Cool, huh? You own it!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Zzyyggy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Reenie HJ I did that too with my tuna sandwhiches. Dees-Apples your welcome. We had a similar thread which started back in 2013 on spark people and when that sight shut down I thought of setting one up here to see who would come in. LindaK and I have been on the thread for years, and have had some interesting times in there. I'll join you on the out door terrace with a porter house steak baked potato and salad. Add a coca cola to that please. For dessert I'm going to have some pumpkin pie and coolwhip, and an iced mocha. The fairy lights add some charm to the place.

Fairy lights!! That's what my place needs to spark it up. :)
    Why did Sparkpeople shut down; do you know? I visited there a long time ago.

Apple Crisp sounds good today, hot out of the oven with lots of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. And a good cup of coffee. Sitting around the table, chatting with new friends.

But...pumpkin pie....hard choices. Maybe both?

Where are all the waiters/waitresses today? Do they have Halloween off? Shouldn't they be here already to go, and in costume?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    I’ll take two eggs, over medium, some sourdough toast and a coffee?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @Dees_Apples, I love it!

🎃 Happy Halloween 🎃

Time for appetizers and starters! I’m out here on the terrace if anyone cares to join me. I’ll start with my favorite martini and a cheese plate with my favorite little cheese crackers and freggies. Mm, I’ll add stuffed mushrooms and bruschetta to my plate. Huh, my plate looks more like a platter! Good thing I’m willing to share.

Sweetie’s been running around getting ready for all the little Halloweenies. I don’t think they’ll notice if there are leaves on the front porch. I asked Sweetie to buy candy I don’t like, so he did. Good thing we have the cybercafe’s Halloween Candy Buffet!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Des-Apples the cyber cafe has morphed from a small cafe in france to a sort of bread and breakfast diner with rooms upstairs, a pool and attatched to a farm. We have the terrace, and the area by the pool plus indoor seating, and a library with a huge fireplace. The view from the terrace is anything you want it to be, mountains, valleys, oceans, jungles, or woods. Right now I think we're back to the mountains. Our full time staff includes Francois who was hired by the former owner as head chef and all around cook. He claims to know every recipe in the world, and so far does. He'll cook all the usual or KFC, or a quarter pounder with cheese if you have a craving. Viktor, the waiter, and host use to be a body guard for the goats Mrs. Marley when we had to hide her from the previous owner (Long story) who wanted to make her into dinner one night. Igor is our resident zombie, cafe handyman, and decorator. Halloween is his favorite holiday but he goes all out for all holidays. Right now I'll keep the cafe the way it is. To answer your question about Sparkpeople I believe they needed the funding from the coorporations, and had to shut down the original sight for the new one. (Takes deep breath) For dinner tonight I"m going to have the fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, baked beans and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have the Betty Crocker ButterFingers poke cake with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. It's been a crappy day here in the real world so I'm going to enjoy the sunshine by the pool, and take a dip with the resident Seamonster. She seems friendly enough.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    PS Happy Halloween >:)
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Dees_Apples, that sounds really good. I’m still in candy coma from last night’s candy buffet. If I can stay awake I’ll have a burger, too. No, I’m going to have chili macaroni and cheese. And an iced tea, please, Viktor. Then sleep.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm tired tonight after a productive day. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a Philadelphia Cheesesteak sandwich with fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. First a swim, and then I'll see if Linda will wake up and join me for sunset dessert or I may join her for the evening nap.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m awake, Zzyyggy. Igor made sure of that. He was very unhappy about having to put away the Halloween decorations, even though Viktor told him many of the decorations could stay through the American Thanksgiving. It’s nice to have the skeletons out of the way and the cobwebs cleared out.

Viktor, I’ll have a small cheese and fruit plate with an iced tea for sunset dessert. Thanks.