So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @LindaK125
    Candy corn and peanuts taste like Paydays. :) But your mix sounds great as well. Maybe we need a snacking bowl at the table?

I think I love Francois and I don't even know him. But wow, that ravioli sounds amazing!!

Francois found the recipe for the ravioli at Cook’s Country’s website. We can add peanuts to the popcorn mix. Although I think the peanuts would be really good with a praline coating or a caramel coating on the popcorn and peanuts. As long as there’s candy corn and M&M’s in our popcorn mix I’ll be happy.

I’m going to order the turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich with Dijon Mayo served on cranberry pumpkin bread. Francois is in full pumpkin mode. You’ll have to try the pumpkin spice milkshake. I wonder if that would be good with chocolate sauce in it?

Zzyyggy, Francois is talking about making individual s’mores dips instead of setting the ingredients outside where we have to burn our own marshmallows. Or is cooking the marshmallows part of the fun? Of course, Francois might end up putting pumpkin butter in the s’mores dips, but we could sit inside in front of the fireplace and be nice and warm. Once that sun sets it starts getting chilly out there on the terrace.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, ReenieHJ no bugs served here unless it's ants on a log (raisins, Cream cheese and celery). Carve away all you want. There are plenty of pumpkins out back, and some still in the pumpkin patch. Just watch out for the Great Pumpkin. I think I saw Linus in our pumpkin patch earlier. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bacon cheeseburger with fries again and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of Betty Crocker's Home made apple cake with vanilla ice cream. That looked really good and an iced mocha. Aaaaah another evening in the cyber cafe watching Francois in the kitchen and sitting by the fire.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, Betty’s apple cake did look really yummy. I think I’ll have some, too. Oh, look, Francois is decorating all the dessert plates with candy pumpkins.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Went for a swim in the orange cyber pool. Oddly enough, the water is clear when you’re in it. Spooky. Francois is making pumpkin swirl brownies for this evening. I can’t wait! It’s a favorite in my house. I should probably see if I can find the recipe before Thanksgiving.

I already put my dinner order in for a taco salad. Viktor is going to bring a pitcher of iced tea and a platter of snacks out to the patio by the pool. I’ve got a table by the pool if anyone would like to join me.

Oh, Viktor there you are. Mm, my favorite little cheese crackers, grapes, and the cutest little caprese bruschetta drizzled with balsamic glaze.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda I'm coming to join you after a swim though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the baked raviolis with lots of mozzerella cheese. Garlic bread and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Aaaaah the dip in the cyber pool felt cool. I love the orange coloring. And yes I'd love some iced tea and snacks before dinner I'm starved.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Walks in and looks around. Hmmmm Francois is in the kitchen cleaning, and Viktor is sitting at the hostess station reading a newspaper. Meanwhile Igor is still at it carving pumpkins and decorating the place. He's added a few more spider webs I see. Hopefully there aren't any spiders in them. Alright boys time to get to work. I'll have a huge bowl of beef stew with plenty of crusty bread and butter for dipping. For dessert I'm going to have Betty Crocker's Chocolate chip birthday cake a huge slice with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'm going for a swim first though and then I'll take my dinner out on the terrace. Hopefully Linda will be in here soon. Got to keep those boys busy and out of trouble.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the cake sounds good. I can’t decide whether I want coffee ice cream or chocolate chip mint ice cream. I’ll tell Viktor I’ll have both with everything in separate bowls so they’re not touching. I don’t want to forget the fudge sauce and whipped cream and maraschino cherries.

The spider webs are pretty creepy, but the spiders in them are plastic. I checked. There was a big bug in my house today and when I was putting him outside I walked into a spider web. Eww. The spiders like to string their webs across the posts on the front porch. I suppose that’s better than the wrens roosting in the Christmas swag on the front door. It’s frustrating trying to get wrens out of the house.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Where did that suit of armor by the door, come from? That's kinda creepy too, but I suppose Halloween ups the creepiness factor. I swear that thing has eyes though. :#
    Will there be a costume party for Halloween?

Hmmm, what to dress up as?
    I suppose I could don roller skates and smack into everybody, stealing all the mashed potatoes on the sly. :) Or I could wear a chapeau like Francois, and a starched white shirt with a towel draped over my arm.
    Or a tall black hat, a warty nose, crooked buggy teeth, and a cackle that'd make everybody's skin crawl, IOW just go as myself. :)
  • LindaK125
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Where did that suit of armor by the door, come from? That's kinda creepy too, but I suppose Halloween ups the creepiness factor. I swear that thing has eyes though. :#
    Will there be a costume party for Halloween?

Hmmm, what to dress up as?
    I suppose I could don roller skates and smack into everybody, stealing all the mashed potatoes on the sly. :) Or I could wear a chapeau like Francois, and a starched white shirt with a towel draped over my arm.
    Or a tall black hat, a warty nose, crooked buggy teeth, and a cackle that'd make everybody's skin crawl, IOW just go as myself. :)

Yes, there will be a costume party for Halloween, although you don’t have to wear a costume if you don’t want to. The side of the bar opens up onto the patio by the pool and the patio goes across the back of the cybercafe all the way to the terrace. They set up an outdoor bar and buffet, a dining area and a dance floor. Oh, there’s a live band, too. I’m going to wear jeans and my cowgirl shirt with my cowgirl hat and red cowgirl boots. Not much of a costume, but it sure is comfortable. Igor always invites some of his less slimy zombie friends to work as servers. Maybe PaperDoll will fall in love.

Viktor, I came in to order dessert, but I’ve decided to have baked ravioli and a glass of Pinot Noir, instead.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, I know darn well that I posted in here yestarday. I think Igor is stealing my posts. Hmmm. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries and lots of tarter sauce with that, a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'm going to go for a swim first and then take my dinner on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    PaperDoll is that you? I haven’t seen you in awhile. How you doing?

I’d like the Southwest Salad with chili and chips, please. Victor brought out my iced tea already.

It’s a nice night out here on the terrace, Zzyyggy. I’m glad the guys have the fire pits burning, it akes the chill out of the air.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Dees-Apples nice order. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs with lots of garlic bread and butter. A coca cola please. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Yeah the fire pits are nice. Good for roasting marshmellows. S'mores anyone?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Dees-Apples nice order. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs with lots of garlic bread and butter. A coca cola please. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Yeah the fire pits are nice. Good for roasting marshmellows. S'mores anyone?

Sounds like a solid evening. My evening is looking like another childhood classic - plain boiled hotdogs on a bun. Or maybe a thin line of ketchup to shake things up.

No! Hotdogs are not food. Hotdogs and jello=not food—I’m quite sure there are other things I could add to the list. Bran? A childhood classic for me would be macaroni and cheese or cheeseburger macaroni or macaroni salad or macaroni tuna salad. Apparently, I like macaroni! And if you had a Southern Mama it’s served with sliced tomatoes and mayonnaise and sweetened ice tea. Not sweet tea, mind you, that’s something entirely different. And you mustn’t forget dessert. Now I need a piece of pecan cake with brown sugar icing, along with all that macaroni.

Of course, if I don't feel like cooking it’s peanut butter and raspberry jam or peanut butter and American cheese. However, this is the cybercafe and you an have whatever you can dream up.

Oh, Zzyyggy, are there any caramels to put on the s’mores? Mm, maybe some raspberry jam.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Dees_Apples, Cucumber spears are good, but lately I’ve been into bread and butter pickles. Sorry I missed your post last night. Since it’s time for breakfast I think I’ll order macaroni salad with tomatoes and bread and butter pickles! Oh, and a cheeseburger slider. Viktor, did you get my order? May I have a pot of coffee and a pumpkin cinnamon bun with that, please?
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    a56q7o09n97e.png
  • LindaK125
    Options
    LindaK125 wrote: »
    Dees_Apples, Cucumber spears are good, but lately I’ve been into bread and butter pickles. Sorry I missed your post last night. Since it’s time for breakfast I think I’ll order macaroni salad with tomatoes and bread and butter pickles! Oh, and a cheeseburger slider. Viktor, did you get my order? May I have a pot of coffee and a pumpkin cinnamon bun with that, please?

Huge fan of bread and butter pickles as well 😉. Have you tried them on a burger instead of the regular pickles? Or, I like cooking up some elbow macaroni, then heating up some canned roast beef & gravy in a skillet, stir in the macaroni, and serve with bread and butter pickle spears 🤤

I’ve never seen canned roast beef and gravy, but certainly I’ve made roast beef and gravy and served it with pasta—not with bread and butter pickles, though. Add some cheese, any kind, and serve with bread and butter and the pickles and it would make me happy. And, yes, bread and butter pickles on a burger taste yummy.