So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, maybe a little too obvious, but I don't think PaperDoll is here anymore. I am starving tonight. I'm going to have the rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans lots of butter of course. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a dip in the cyber pool first though.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    *Looks around the cafe..* Oh, I’m here. Management has been making me stay in back. They said I don’t have the right personal skills to be around customers. 😤 I finally convinced them to give me another shot. I know I can do this!

Oh mashed potatoes… 😍 *Quickly eats all the potatoes…* Oh, I’m sorry. We’re all out of those tonight. Can I interest you in another side? 😬
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    Also, @LindaK125 … I picked up some tic tacs for you. There’s been complaints about the garlic breath. 😬
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Zzyyggy, is that a giraffe over by the barn? It’s kind of dark out, but there’s just enough light by the barn. Am I seeing things?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,562 Member
    Options
    *tugs on @PaperDoll_’s uniform* Gosh the giraffe’s measurements are not close to mine. 😬

Management apologizes for your previous server’s attitude and they’ve pulled the Canadian (me) in to help smooth things over. @LindaK125 here is the freshly churned mint chocolate ice cream and @Zzyyggy a bowlful of the creamiest mashed potatoes you’ll ever have. I’ll share the secret ingredient later but tell me if you can figure it out.

I’ve seen the chef preparing the lightest flakiest croissants for tomorrow’s breakfast. Please join us then and I’ll ensure coffees and the best pastries are ready for you when you arrive.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Well, Zzyyggy, Cat is a wonderful waitress, isn’t she, although the uniform looked a little long on her. It was probably just the too dark to see properly. Mm, these croissants are wonderful. Don’t worry, Francois made cinnamon buns, too, and here’s a carafe of iced mochas labeled “Zzyyggy.” They’re spoiling us.

It was so sweet to get chocolate chip mint ice cream for second dessert last night. Zzyyggy, I don’t still have garlic breath, do I? I mean, I can’t, it’s been a day and a half and mice don’t get garlic breath. Humph. Well, anyway, it’s almost time for second breakfast. I think I’ll order a grasshopper parfait. No, no, that has Creme de Menthe in it. It’s a little too early for that. I’ll have a small bowl of chocolate chip mint ice cream. With fudge sauce. And a cup of coffee. Cream and sugar. Lots of coffee.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,562 Member
    Options
    As you wish, @LindaK125. Francois went all out in the kitchen overnight, three varieties of croissants (oh my word, you have to try the almond one 😍), cinnamon buns and I saw an iced apple pecan one too! He made minis ones too so I could have a nibble before you arrived.

Here’s your fudge sauce with a side of ice cream 😉 and your coffee. I’ll be through shortly to top it off though I found you the special mug that I usually uses; it holds a lot! And please don’t worry, I detect no garlic whatsoever.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everybody, busy place here today. Yes Linda I think that is a giraffe with a preference for mashed potatoes. Cat those potatoes were delicious, thank you for replacing the order that somehow got to the giraffe. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the butterfly shrimp with french fries, and a coca cola. Lots of tarter sauce with that please. For dessert I'll have the chocolate chip mint ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    *Rolls into the cafe on her roller skates and crashes into a table. Quickly composes herself and smiles. * Hi lovely customers! It has come to our attention that there’s been an imposter waitress about. She’s much shorter than the giraffe and blonde. Please notify myself or management immediately if you see her! No one is sure how she escaped.. I mean.. err.. oh hey, more mashed potatoes. 😋
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Iced apple pecan croissants! So delicious. I should return Cat’s mug. I’m sure Viktor can find something similar. I’m having iced apple pecan croissant minis with iced mochas. Got to get the chocolate in somehow. Zzyyggy, chocolate chip mint ice cream! One of my favorites. I bet that would be good with croissants. Maybe not. I should finish the croissants first. Zzyyggy, I think the cybercafe has a surfeit of waitresses. Works for me. I’ll just sit back, relax, and watch the show. Look at Viktor hustling about. It’s like watching a tennis match.

I was supposed to make an apple custard tart today, but I left it until late and was too tired. I’ll have to do it tomorrow morning. Then everyone can have some. I looked back in my recipe notes and realized I made an apple custard tart for friends before and everyone loved it. Of course that one was dairy free, so this one should be even better because I’m making it with cream and butter. I can serve it to company and family over the holidays knowing it’s yummy.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I'm going to waddle on in the cafe this morning and see what kind of pastries are available by the bushel full. Those with a gallon of your premium coffee. That's all I need. Then I'll waddle back out or just fall asleep by the pool. Hope nobody rolls me over the edge of it. :)
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone coming in for an early dinner tonight. I'm going to have the prime rib dinner with baked potato and salad. Lots of butter with that potato, and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have some Devil's food cake with chocolate frosting, and chocolate ice cream. An iced mocha with that. Reenie is still sound asleep by the pool. Linda two customers two waitresses works for me too. I'll join you.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. Sunday brunch is in full swing out here on the patio by the pool and I see Reenie has found a basket of mini pastries. I love the baskets of breads and pastries at the cybercafe. They’re almost as good as the endless cookies plates, especially the plates of holiday cookies. The chocolate dipped chocolate mint wafers are the best. Although, the pecan squares are good and then there’s the fruitcake cookies, the almond crescents, sugar cookies, cinnamon spice cookies, and . . Oh, I went off on a tangent. It’s Brunch time. I’m ordering steak and eggs with apple crumb cake and a pot of Pete’s Cafe Domingo. Viktor, may we have another basket for our table, please?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I forget to tell you, Zzyyggy. The apple custard tart was not as good as I had hoped. Of course, we ate it all anyway because it was still yummy, it just wasn’t the right crust or the best apple for the tart. Every recipe fail should taste that good. Honey crisp apples are a bit too firm and not juicy enough for this recipe. I’m going to try Fuji apples next. The custard in the recipe depends on the liquid from the fruit so I need a juicy fruit. Plus, I need a crust the doesn’t absorb the custard. Back to the drawing board.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm sorry your apple custard tart didn't come out as well as you hoped, but as long as it wasn't a disaster that's what matters. I've had dinners and desserts that were complete disasters, with no redeeming quality what so ever so I ended up having soup or cereal. For dinner tonight I'm going to have Sunday Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn on the cob with lots of butter. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'm going to have some sugar cookies, and an iced mocha. A dip in the pool first and then dinner on the terrace and sunset dessert.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    The cybercafe has been transformed into a scary mansion, complete with spider webs (I hate spider webs), jack o’ lanterns, and other spooky decorations. The tasteful autumn themed decorations on the terrace give way to the garish decorations on the patio and the hideous orange water in the pool. I suppose we should be grateful the pool isn’t black. Francois claims he has a special Halloween themed menu planned for the rest of the month. Should we be afraid?

I’m fairly certain it’s safe to order a pot of coffee, a breakfast sandwich, and a basket of mini pastries. I’m going to the club room to relax by the fire and read the news or my book-whichever doesn’t annoy too much.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda wow I guess Igor is at it again. You know Halloween is his favorite holiday. I just wonder where he gets all those pumpkins for jack-o-lanterns. Love the suit of armor by the coat rack though. The pool could be red as well, or orange and black. Oooops must not give him any ideas. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a Philly Cheese steak sandwich with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. But first a swim in the pool, then dinner, and sunset dessert. Hopefully it's S'mores again.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Please don't make us eat bugs for Halloween dinner. That would be frightful. But I'm okay with Pumpkin bars and cream cheese frosting, topped with candy corn. If you're one of those 'I hate candy corn' people, I'll gladly unload them from your serving.

Do we get to carve jack'o'lanterns or anything? Although maybe some of us won't be allowed to use sharp objects. It'd take forever with plastic silverware.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Please don't make us eat bugs for Halloween dinner. That would be frightful. But I'm okay with Pumpkin bars and cream cheese frosting, topped with candy corn. If you're one of those 'I hate candy corn' people, I'll gladly unload them from your serving.

Do we get to carve jack'o'lanterns or anything? Although maybe some of us won't be allowed to use sharp objects. It'd take forever with plastic silverware.

No, no Reenie, you might get tired of pumpkin by the end of holiday season. Francois makes wonderful things like cheese ravioli with pumpkin cheese sauce and roasted walnuts and that wonderful pumpkin roll—the one that’s hundreds of calories in the real world. I’m ordering those tonight and having s’mores with Zzyyggy. And I love pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing topped with candy corn. Mm, popcorn with candy corn and M&M’s would be good right about now.

There’s a crafts barn over at the cyber farm. You can carve pumpkins to your heart’s content. I’m sure there’ll be adequate supervision at the crafts barn. Oh, and don’t be too concerned if you see any zombies around. They’re just Igor’s friends. It’s Igor’s favorite time of year. Apparently, zombies love Halloween.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @LindaK125
    Candy corn and peanuts taste like Paydays. :) But your mix sounds great as well. Maybe we need a snacking bowl at the table?

I think I love Francois and I don't even know him. But wow, that ravioli sounds amazing!!