I want that, Cat!
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    zskaim79664e.png
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies For tonight's dinner I'm going to have some roasted chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have that Snickerdoodle apple cobbler that Betty Crocker had, and an iced mocha. Victor made up those cobblers for everyone. A quick dip in the pool, and then dinner on the terrace what could be better
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Dinner was superb, Zzyyggy! I’m going to have ice cream on my snickerdoodle apple cobbler. I put my order in for breakfast already. I want the almond filled croissants that NVintage had this morning.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, tonight for dinner I think I'll have the barbecued spare ribs with french fries, cole slaw, and a coca cola. For dessert tonight I'm going to have apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. First a dip in the cyber pool though and then some star gazing later with some s'mores.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. I’ve had my macaroni and cheese and I’m ready for stargazing. I’ve got my recliner’s heater on, not too hot because I don’t want to melt my M&M’s. I might fall asleep before we get to the s’mores. I have a feeling that if I lie still I’ll be asleep in no time. Maybe I should order an espresso. Hmm, perhaps a cappuccino. With whipped cream and a little Godiva chocolate liqueur. A little more of the chocolate liqueur, please, Viktor.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm tired tonight and starving. For dinner I'll have a huge bowl of beef stew with lots of bread and butter for dipping, and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have a brownie with chocolate sauce, and chocolate ice cream and an iced mocha. I'm in need of chocolate therapy tonight can't you tell.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have crab cakes with baked herbed potatoes and sautéed green beans with garlic butter. Zzyyggy, chocolate sounds good tonight. I’m going to have a chocolate espresso sundae tonight. A place by us called Ralph’s used to make that sundae, but Ralph’s is gone. The store couldn’t survive the Covid restrictions.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,559 Member
    Options
    It’s pouring here but I hear the skies are clear at the cafe. So I’ll take an espresso (or three) on the terrace with a cheddar, bacon and chive scone fresh from the oven and dripping with butter please. Grabbing my coziest sweater and will enjoy the cool autumn air and morning sunrise.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, the weather here isn't all that spataculair either, although it could be worse. I'm going to enjoy the nice sunshine, and mild temps on the terrace tonight. For dinner I'm going to have a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have Ben and Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. Such is life at the cafe.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Gee, Zzyyggy, that plate of spaghetti must have been really big if you’re just finishing dessert now. It’s time to move in by the fire at the cafe tonight. In Charlotte we had another toasty warm day at 88 degrees with low humidity, which was wonderful. The weather is going to be back in the low 80’s by tomorrow and it looks like the weekend will be beautiful.

Cat’s scone order has me craving scones. Viktor promised to bring it right out for me. Maybe I should have ordered a selection of mini scones so I could have a lemon ginger scone and an apricot cream scone, too. Of course, I could have a different scone every day for breakfast here at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Had a hard time getting in here this evening; For dinner tonight I'm going to have a roast beef grinder with the works and cheddar cheese with a bag of chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a large chocolate chip cookie with an iced mocha. First a dip in the pool and then dinner
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’ve decided to order chocolate sandwich cookies—I like Harris Teeter’s (the local store brand) the best. A pumpkin spice latte to go with that, please. Who’s waiting tables tonight, anyway? My recliner is over by the fireplace where there’s a nice fire going. It’s gone under 70 degrees outside and in my house and I’m freezing. Good thing I have my fuzzy bunny slippers and a warm cat to share my chair with. You want some cookies Zzyyggy?
  • Zzyyggy
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi Linda, welcome to October. Lets have an Octoberfest this Sunday at the Cafe with all the celebrations of late fall, and leaves turning. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge bowl of Seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter for dipping. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some of Betty's German Chocolate Cake. Didn't her old fashion recipes look good? Francois said he's going to make one our choice each night. Happy Birthday Betty Crocker. I'd like an iced mocha with that please. Happy International Coffee Day as well
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Francois made tomato basil soup today and I’m going to have a bowl of that and a grilled cheese sandwich and tortilla chips and roasted red pepper hummus and chips and iced tea. German chocolate cake with white icing is one of my favorite foods. I have my grandmother’s recipe. I’m going to need a big ol’ piece of that!
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    @lindak125 thanks for the offer last night to cuddle with you in the chair with your fuzzy slippers but after the 12 course meal I ate in the formal dining room, I was out like a light. 😅 🤣

Tonight I’ll keep it light and simple I think, blackened salmon on a bed of greens and a glass of white wine. I could possibly have my arm twisted to have a dark chocolate mousse with a blackberry on top.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    @lindak125 thanks for the offer last night to cuddle with you in the chair with your fuzzy slippers but after the 12 course meal I ate in the formal dining room, I was out like a light. 😅 🤣

Tonight I’ll keep it light and simple I think, blackened salmon on a bed of greens and a glass of white wine. I could possibly have my arm twisted to have a dark chocolate mousse with a blackberry on top.

CHOCOLATE MOUSE!!!. . . . Oh, wait, you said mousse, that’s okay. Um, Cat, Useless, my cat, likes to share his recliner with me here at the cybercafe. His name may be Useless, but he’s really very sweet.
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Oh good, Linda, I thought you very forward there for a moment. 😆 Please share a bite of my salmon with Useless and join me for some of the mousse (with the extra ‘s’) as it’s the lightest I’ve ever tasted!!