So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

Do you really have a cat named Useless? That's priceless. :)

Ooh what to have this morning?? I need my carbs and some more of the delicious hot chocolate with marshmallows. Please bring me a plate of your most delicious pastries to share?? Mix them up so there's something for everyone.

Thank you so much!!

And thanks for leaving the ugly shoes at home. :) They were very squeaky and distracting.

• NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing your pastries, Reenie. No, Useless is not my cat, but it’s fun to go to the vet with Useless and they call his name out and the owner stands up and says, “That’s me.” And then she looks around and says, “He really is useless, but we love him a whole lot.” I have Mr. B and Little Miss, who is sometimes Little Misbehaving.

It’s a bit chilly out on the terrace today, so I’m going to snag a booth by the front windows, overlooking the beach. Viktor, I’ll have iced tea and one of those lovely croissants with chicken salad with tomato and lettuce, please. Um, Viktor, are you wearing Birkenstock sandals?

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I wish we were allowed pets where I lived. I would probably have a cat and a little dog by now. The Sea monster is now happily swimming offshore near the beach front. Igor goes down a couple times a day to train it for the show. That was a good idea Linda. I think the pool was a little to confining. For dinner tonight I'll have the fish n chips dinner with lots of tarter sauce and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a devil's food cupcake, with chocolate frosting and an iced mocha. Anyone up for s'mores for sunset dessert?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, the s’mores were a great idea. I think I like the caramel s’mores the best, even better than raspberry s’mores. PB&J s’mores are pretty good. I bet mini M&M’s stuck into the melted marshmallows would be good. Mm, s’mores and hot chocolate are the best.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. Man is it ever dark out there. It's been dark and dreary around here all day. I'll take even cyber sunshine. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the prime rib dinner with a baked potato and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm tired this evening as well. Maybe a swim in the cyber pool will rejuvenate me enough for dinner.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. The sun sets almost an hour later for me, but it sure does get dark fast in the evening and the heat of the day doesn’t last, either. Time to sit by the fireplace at the cybercafe. I’m ready for a bowl of Spanish Lentil Stew. Francois made some crusty bread, too. Viktor said he’ll bring a loaf over to our table when he serves dinner. I saw the pumpkin praline pie in the dessert display case up front. I can’t wait to have some of that with coffee for dessert.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    *Looks around the cafe…* About time management called me back in to work. I told them this place couldn’t be ran without me. 😤 Look at this mess in here. There’s a fry in the floor. A fry! Like I’d ever just let a fry go to waste. *Shakes her head.. picks up the fry and eats it.*

*Sits down and laces up her roller skates.* I’m certain the clientele has missed me dearly. I bet they’ve become spoiled getting entire portions of their meals. They will be so happy to know I’m starving. I wonder what’s being ordered tonight. I hope someone wants fresh fries. 😋
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Oooh she's back! Lime green and pink Polka-dotted roller skates and all.(much better than Viktor's ugly footwear).

Fries eh? How about crispy sweet potato fries, would those do? I'll order an extra large serving so I at least get a few. :/ And a bacon cheeseburger on a sesame seed bun, thin tomato, onion, spinach, pickles, and mayo. PLEASE (I'm trying to learn my manners, hasn't been easy).
    Just water to drink and something luscious for dessert, surprise me.
    Thanks!!
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s time for Sunday Brunch at the Cybercafe! Oh, PaperDoll_, you’re back, bless your heart. We missed you. (See, Reenie, those lessons in manners do pay off.)’

I’m just having some pumpkin hummingbird cake and coffee for now. I’m waiting to see if there’s going to be a buffet for brunch or if we’re ordering from the menu only. I wonder if Francois made stuffing casserole (stuffing with chicken or turkey served with gravy). Or maybe he made some pumpkin praline bread pudding. Oh, and there might even be some pumpkin muffins with pecan, mini chocolate chips, and cranberries.
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    *Looks at @ReenieHJ order.* I’ll just make a simple adjustment here. Sweet potato fries? Oh no no, that won’t do! We.. err.. I mean she wants the regular fries. Salty with plenty of ketchup. Heinz only. 😋

All these pumpkin desserts! Oh boy! I knew I came back at the right time. I believe I heard @LindaK125 is allergic to pumpkin. I think Francois told me that. 🤔 I better eat this cake off her plate quickly. I’d hate for her to have a reaction. 😬

*Tugs at her uniform.* I’m really going to need to order a size up. I dunno why. I seldom eat. And I do all this roller skating. *Grabs another handful of fries from Reenie’s plate and shovels them into my mouth.*
  • LindaK125
    Options
    What do you mean there is no pumpkin for me? No, I’m not allergic, PaperDoll_!

VIKTOR!! Sorry, I didn’t realize I was yelling. I need pumpkin desserts. What do you mean, “they’re all gone?” They can’t be all GONE! I’m going to talk to Francois! And I don’t like your new shoes.

Coffee, I need coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Lindak. Don't worry we have plenty of pumpkin for everyone, and coffee. Paperdoll welcome back, but don't eat the customer's meals even though that's half the fun of working here. Renee, second order of fries are on the house. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast chicken, mashed potates with gravy, stuffing, biscuits, and green beans with plenty of butter. For dessert I'm going to have that chocolate chip peanut butter cups Betty had on the email, and an iced mocha. First a swim though, and then dinner on the terrace. Viktor you really do need new should.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I’m glad @PaperDoll_ didn’t eat all the pumpkin desserts. Francois made some apple strudel cheesecake bars and more pumpkin praline bars.

@PaperDoll_ just so you know, Zzyyggy owns the cybercafe. She’s very humble and low key, but she is the boss.
  • PaperDoll_
    Options
    No eating the customer’s meals? I’ll starve! I mean… fine, no eating the meals… *Sneaks a fry…*

I’ve never been good with authority. Probably why I keep getting fired by management here. 😬
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Hmmm, which flavor of the day to go with? Peanut butter? Pumpkin? Apple? Chocolate? All of the above?

@Zzyyggy has a kind heart and good manners so I think your job is safe @Paperdoll_. Besides who else would work for zero pay and no tips? :) All I can offer you is an endless supply of fries(really? No sweet potato fries?) and new sparkly shoelaces for your roller skates.

That Apple Cheesecake Strudel is sounding pretty good to go with my morning coffee. :) Please and thanks so much?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Hmmm, which flavor of the day to go with? Peanut butter? Pumpkin? Apple? Chocolate? All of the above?

@Zzyyggy has a kind heart and good manners so I think your job is safe @Paperdoll_. Besides who else would work for zero pay and no tips? :) All I can offer you is an endless supply of fries(really? No sweet potato fries?) and new sparkly shoelaces for your roller skates.

That Apple Cheesecake Strudel is sounding pretty good to go with my morning coffee. :) Please and thanks so much?

Reenie, I’ve been pondering your dilemma. I can imagine a baked apple with peanut butter dipped in chocolate. It’s the pumpkin that’s difficult. Perhaps a pumpkin mochaccino would be good. (Your etiquette lessons are going well!)

Of course, I would prefer an apple filled pastry with a cup of hot chocolate with a vegetable and cheese omelet. I miss eggs—omelets, fried, poached, scrambled, and hard boiled eggs. Viktor, I’ll have that, all of that, please. And toast and coffee. A pot of coffee with cream and sugar. Thank you.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I love Apple turnovers with icing drizzled over the top though and that sounds pretty good at the moment.
    Why don't I ever crave carrots?

Thanks, Viktor and all, for the hard work you put in and what you must have to put up with in finding good help.

My manners are a work in progress. :) What I really would like to say is.......... :)
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Renee I don't think anyone craves carrots, I might on occaision crave a salad but that's only in the dead of winter when I haven't had any. Paperdoll why not do this, when a customer makes an order order two and then you get your own, and don't risk injury by an attacking fork. I'm sure Francois will look the other way. Linda I love your order but I'm ready for dinner tonight. I'm going to have the bacon cheeseburger with fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight, and it's so dark so early. Thank god for the sunshine at the cyber cafe.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @Zzyyggy Protect the fries.