So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Zzyyggy Protect the fries.

Zzyyggy, I was here earlier for breakfast. Now that it’s Monday, dinner time, I think I’ll order macaroni and cheese and apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Not as busy today. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of beef stew with lots of bread and butter for dipping. For dessert I'll have the apple crisp Betty Crocker had on her email. That looked pretty good with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m joining you for dinner tonight, Zzyyggy. Viktor, I’ll have what she’s having. I almost made apple crisp today. I watched a video where they precooked the apples for 30 minutes and then added the topping, moving the pan to the upper rack in the oven for the last 30 minutes of cooking. I like that idea. I think I’ll have some caramel sauce over my ice cream.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Hope we didn't scare everyone away. Igor is getting the place ready for thanksgiving. Francois has decided to cook the turkies outside this year on the grill. Can't wait. For tonight's dinner I'm going to have the porter house steak with baked potatoes and corn on the cob. Lots of butter with both of those, and a coca cola please. For dessert I think I'll have a slice of apple pie and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy! Francois made my favorite lentil soup for dinner and it was delicious, as always. I’m going to join you for dessert. The apple pie looks yummy tonight. Viktor will be bringing it right out with a lot of coffee for me and more iced mocha for you.

I’ve had grilled turkey breast, but I haven’t had grilled turkey where the entire bird has been grilled. Sounds good to me. Which room are we going to dine in at the cybercafe on Thanksgiving? There’s the very formal dining room with its damask tablecloths set with china and sterling silver cutlery and crystal glassware and candle holders, or the very casual diner with its booths and lunch counter, or the bar—same food with lots of noise from the pool tables and the loud music and maybe even some dancing (I could wear my red cowgirl boots). I hear the secret room is having a speakeasy night with live jazz and a songstress for Thanksgiving. Plus, the Club Room is serving drinks and appetizers and probably desserts. I haven’t heard what’s going on out on the terrace or by the pool, have you?

I can’t believe Thanksgiving is only a week away. I thought I had the menu set, but Sweetie keeps changing his mind. Our littlest sweetie (grandson) tore his ACL in wrestling practice (yes, not so little anymore) and may need surgery. They’re doing an MRI tomorrow to determine what the damage is to his knee. I hope it’s not really bad news. And I’m hoping we don’t have to cancel Thanksgiving. I just found out we have to cancel our Christmas plans because our sweetie (son) is having surgery on December 22. He has a herniated disk in his neck that’s causing numbness in his arm and hand. Plus, my most favorite daughter-in-law (okay I only have one daughter-in-law, but she’s the daughter of my heart and very special to me) is having surgery in the beginning of December. I need to plan some meals for them that I can just drop off. They live nearby so it’s easy to do. I think we have decided to celebrate Christmas on January 6th, Twelfth Night.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Hope everything works out and you get great news. It's nice that you can prepare meals and drop them off. My sister did that for me last year when I had the hip surgery. I can't believe Thanksgiving is only a week away either. Didn't we just have Halloween? I think we should have Thanksgiving out on the terrace since the birds are being cooked outside. The day will be perfect, and then we can have fireworks in the evening. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Had the real mocha this morning at Starbuck's. I went to get my hair cut and there is a Starbucks next door. So well of course I had to go there for a mocha. They were also giving away 16 oz to go cups so I grabbed one of those.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Beautiful morning here at the cybercafe. It’s nice and warm out here on the terrace, of course, that may be because they enclosed this section in plexiglass and turned on the radiant heat in the floor tiles. The Fall colors are still brilliant here and probably will be for another couple of weeks. Sadly, at my house, the trees are finally leaving a carpet of color on the ground that Sweetie sweeps up every day and soon the trees will be bare and I’ll be able to see all the neighbors and the road again. It was 35 degrees this morning, but by Monday the low is forecast to be 24 degrees. Our late Fall weather will be here shortly. Then again, in the Charlotte area, most of Winter is late Fall weather, at least until it’s early to mid Spring weather.

What is it about the cooler weather that makes me crave sweets and starchy foods? I’ve ordered a cafe mocha and a piece of chocolate pecan pie for breakfast. I think I’ll spend some time out here reading my book. I can’t decide whether I like the book I’m reading or not, which probably means I don’t.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I know what you mean about cooler weather and craving sweets. I've been on a chocolate chip cookie binge lately, homemade. I found a good recipe with bisquick, and all I need to make I have on hand are the eggs, butter, vanilla, and of course the chocolate chips. Also because it get so dark outside so early I just want to spend the day in bed. But I'm awake today sort of. For dinner tonight I would love a huge bowl of Seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter for dipping. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll join you on the terrace Linda. For sunset dessert how about some S'mores again.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @LindaK125 My dd lives in Winston-Salem and doesn't miss the New England weather one little bit. :)

I wonder if Viktor could bake up a glazed pumpkin coffee cake for breakfast in the morning? I'll be here bright and early, waiting for a good cup of coffee. Something about the crispy frosty mornings make me want hot coffee and yummy carbs.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @ReenieHJ Winston-Salem’s elevation is 400 feet higher and is enough further north than where I live that they get more winter weather. I wouldn’t mind a little bit more winter, but I don’t miss the cold, ice, and snow from when we lived up north. Besides, in North Carolina, you just have to drive up into the mountains to enjoy winter weather. It’s about a two hour trip from here to near Grandfather Mountain where my Mom’s family is from.

Glazed pumpkin coffee cake sounds wonderful. I’ll be here early in the morning for that. Right now though, it’s time for s’mores! Zzyyggy, can s’mores be made with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? I’m embarrassed to admit this, but I can’t seem to keep chocolate chips in my pantry, they just disappear. I don’t know how that happens. 😉
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    nweuwsu29ylt.png
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, mercy, @NVintage that looks divine. Southern Pecan coffee sounds good! It will be wonderful with the glazed pumpkin coffee cake. I’ll just have a few nibbles of pecan pie, too.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, it's official the sweet stuff is in. Linda my chocolate chip cookies keep disappearing around my house as well. I wonder who keeps eating them? Casually wipes the telltale chocolate ring around the mouth. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big ole cheeseburger with fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I think I'll have some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with an iced mocha. My favorite burger place closed down last week. It was so close and walkable. Their fries were the best, and they had pretty good onion rings as well. I guess I'll have to find another one or just have all my burgers here at the cyber cafe.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. Sorry about your burger place. My very favorite burger place started cooking their burgers until they were crispy and I don’t like them that way. Now I have a new favorite place for burgers.

Viktor, I’m going to have a meatball and provolone sandwich on one of Francois’ brioche hamburger buns with chips on the side, with an iced tea, please. A piece of pecan pie for dessert will be perfect.

I swear, Zzyyggy, now I can’t stop checking out Viktor’s shoes. I think he’s wearing Dr. Martens tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn on the cob with lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of dutch apple pie, and an iced mocha. Hmmm yes I think Viktor does have a shoe fettish. I'll start to worry when he wears the glass slippers from Cinderella, or big red floppy clown's shoes.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I bet glass slippers would be horribly uncomfortable!

Francois made meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, and green beans for me for dinner. yum! But after dinner I feel asleep in my recliner in the Club Room and forgot about dessert. I know, hard to believe, isn’t it? Dutch apple pie sounds good, Zzyyggy.

Viktor I’ll have the pie with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream, please.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Viktor, what did you step in? Would you please step outside and clean off your shoes???
    Does anyone have a scented candle we can burn??
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    jam6fh5q0smh.png
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Huh, I did not know there were candles that smelled like chocolate croissants! I want one for Christmas.

I see you’re back to wearing flip flops today, Viktor. Nice choice. I think I’ll have a chocolate croissant and a cup of coffee, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, NVintage loved the candle. ReenieHJ just to let you know we do have a farm attatched to the cyber cafe with all the usual farm animals and their om messes so Viktor could have easily tracked through that. Sorry about that. Linda I'm going to have your dinner from last night tonight that sounded really good. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Whew I think I'll set up some vanilla candles around the place.