So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @Zzyyggy I live in the northeastern part of the state, 20 minutes from the NH border and not far from Canada either. :)

It's been perfect snowman making weather here lately. :) I can live with that.

I'm in the mood for a nice brunch this morning. A cheesy omelet filled with veggies, crispy home fries and sweet juicy cantaloupe.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and planning for a fun evening ahead.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, here for an early dinner. Reeniehj I live in the Burlington/Winooski area. It's going to be an evening of early to bed for me. I'll be awaken by the fireworks though at 12:00. LindaK our little Igor is quite the decorator, and very well organized for a zombie. For dinner tonight I'll have a bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I think I'll have some peanut butter cookies, and an iced mocha. I think another night of relaxxing by the cyber fire is in order. Francois has set up a munchie and drink bar, and there will be fire works later I hear.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Ooh munchie and drink bar! I'm in for that. :) NYE was always a big orange frosted chip bowl with an attached dip bowl, growing up; it's be Bugles, chips and some kind of sour cream dip. My dad would have a glass of Anisette which he gave me a taste of. :)
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Mm, prosciutto wrapped cantaloupe appetizers. I like the broiled caprise tomato halves with the Parmesan bread crumb topping. Oh, and cheese, lots of cheese. @ReenieHJ — I’m sure you’ll find chips and dips here tonight. Zzyyggy, watching the fireworks out the wall of windows at the cybercafe’s indoor pool is wonderful. This is a great place for a New Year’s Eve party. Plus, the acoustics are fantastic for the live band.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @Zzyyggy My son lives in Essex, went to UVM. I love the Burlington area. Church St, the lakefront, it's all so beautiful. I am not a city person but Burlington is just the right size if I were. :)

Well, as I figured, I missed the big NYE hoopla. Bed and book by 8, asleep by 9, but then woke up 4-5 times last night and up by 4 this morning. I'm in the mood for a hot hearty breakfast to start the day off right.
    Fantasizing about French Toast, real maple syrup, premium coffee, some sausage and fresh juicy cantaloupe.
    Reality will be oatmeal and a banana. :)
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @ReenieHJ that sounds like my night, except for the falling asleep early. Once I start reading, it’s hard to stop. I was in bed at midnight, just in time for a neighbor’s fireworks, not that it mattered, I went right to sleep, I just couldn’t stay asleep. Might have something to do with the molasses ginger cookies and coffee I had after dinner. 😳

I’m sitting here with my breakfast sandwich (english muffin and steak this morning) and orange watching Sweetie eat home fries with peppers and onions, scrambled eggs, and sausage, feeling very sorry for myself. I want eggs and sausage. I hate food allergies. Fortunately, Viktor can read minds (not really). Thank you, Viktor, for this wonderful breakfast and for the coffee and pastry basket.

May everyone have a happy and blessed new year!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, yeah I was in bed early last night too. Heard both the Burlington Fireworks though. They have an earlier one for the kids, and the one at 12:00 for the adults. My window was opened so it was loud. I didn't mind though. Loved the cyber fireworks last night. For dinner tonight I'll have the porterhouse steak with baked potato, and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some apple crisp and vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Any good movies we should steam tonight? I'm ready for some popcorn. Viewer's choice.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. I ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio and a mini cheese and fruit plate. I haven’t been streaming too many movies lately, although I’d like to watch the 2nd season of The Witcher. Sweetie thinks it’s too violent. 🙄 Right now I have a rainstorm video playing as I read my book and play games on my iPad.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Haven't seen that one. I've started streaming The Wheel of Time even though I haven't read the books yet. Sometimes I think that's better. I'm only on the first few episodes and their pretty good. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the classic roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes lots of gravy and green beans. A coca cola with that please and lots of dinner rolls with butter. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. We got snow today in the real world and it is pretty. The roads weren't that bad either. They usually aren't when it's just snow though. I think a quick swim before dinner is in order and then dinner.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have the lasagna dinner special, please. That comes with salad, garlic bread, and cannoli for dessert. I’d like a mocha latte with my dessert. Thanks.

Hey, Zzyyggy. Whew, I’m feeling pretty loopy today. I hurt my back and the muscle relaxers make me really sleepy. I was trying to read but I keep falling asleep. Maybe I’ll have Igor push my recliner over by the fire and just wake me up when it’s time for dinner, whenever that is.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, you look nice and comfy by the fire. May I join you? I think I'm going to have the meatloaf special tonight with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, real dinner rolls with lots of butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Aaaah that fire feels good. We had sun today but man was it cold out there. The highest it got was 7 degrees and there was a chilly wind. Needless to say I didn't go out except to to go the Y.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. Our weather southeast of Charlotte, doesn’t get that cold. It did get cold today though. It was 69 degrees at midnight and by 10:00 am it was 38 degrees. It will be below freezing overnight tonight. It nice to see more seasonal weather again.

I think I’ll have a cup of coffee while I sit here by the fire. Viktor always makes the best coffee.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Brrr......I've had my a.m. coffee already but a hot cup of cocoa with whipped cream on top; that sounds really good right now. Maybe with some cheesy apple danish? I'll be sitting over there by the fire, covered with a warm fleece blanket, watching the sun rise. If you please. :) It's -4 here. Very chilly!!

And would someone be a sweetheart and start my car around 10 for me? :)
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    hsakewpa4aqs.png

• Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Linda did you get any of that snow that worked it's way up the East Coast? After today and yestarday I think I would take 35 degrees. ReenieHJ I don't think my car starter works that far. Besides truth be told I don't have a car soooo. N'Vintage love the order. For dinner tonight I'm into comfort food I think I'll have the fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and lots of biscuits with butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I could go with a brownie topped with chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. I also need chocolate today. I think after dinner I'll sit by the cyber fire and read.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, no snow here, in the piedmont, but the foothills and mountains got snow. We did get rain yesterday and had a cold start to the morning at 26 degrees, with a high of 45 degrees. I saw your biscuits and they sure look good. Viktor, I’d like to order biscuits with chicken and gravy and an iced tea. It’s a good evening to sit by the fire. I’ll just close my eyes for a little bit.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving. I think I'll go for a swim in the cyber pool first though. I didn't get one in in the real world today. Just felt like hanging out at home. For dinner I'm going to have spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a huge slice of angel food cake with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Today was much warmer then it has been at 35 degrees. It felt down right balmy outside.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have what she’s having, please, but for dessert I’d like a slice of cherry pound cake and a cup of coffee. I’m glad you had a warm day to enjoy. There’s not too many warm days in the middle of January for you.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Viktor, Yoohoo!! Did your Secret Santa get you new shoes for Christmas cause those are really styling!

I'd like to start my day with coffee and dessert. :) Something hot like maybe Apple Crisp fresh out of the oven with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream on top.
    Please and thank you.

(I'll worry about healthy stuff later)
    Although a pizza covered with gooey cheese and as many vegetables as can fit, sounds good right now too.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, another warm day for us this time of year. I went out for a walk earlier in the afternoon. I think I'll go for a swim in the cyber pool though and then dinner. Tonight I'm going to have the grilled sword fish with french fries, and peas. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie, vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.