So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Your dinner order sounded so good I ordered the same thing. I’m going to sit out on the terrace a little longer and enjoy the warm weather and watch the fireflies while I have dessert. There’s nothing better after a hot day than a piece of lemon meringue pie and an iced tea.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, Aaaah 80 degrees with a nice breeze blowing. That's the kind of weather I like. Love sitting out on the terrace instead of bundled up. For dinner tonight I'll have the roast beef grinder with the works, a bag of chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    The cyber pool was definitely the place to be today. I might just have the wolf pack come swim tomorrow so I can have some good waves to surf on. Zzyyggy, those potato chips look so good. I haven’t had potato chips for a long time. I like the really crunchy kettle chips. 😋 I’ve got my bucket of M&M’s and I bet potato chips would taste pretty good with M&M’s. The perfect midnight snack at the cybercafe.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm going to spend the weekend in the cyber pool so get ready for the waves. It's so cold around here in the real world I stayed inside all day. The sun looked pretty enough but it was deceiving. For dinner tonight I'll have the grilled Salmon plate with baked potato and lots of butter, a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. Deffinitely much better on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I forgot I have salmon in the freezer. I wish Francois would come and cook it for me. I woke up with a really sore throat and decided to make tea with honey and lemon. I’d forgotten how much I hate tea with honey and lemon. I need CHOCOLATE! Sorry about yelling, I’ve become overwrought. Perhaps a brownie and a cup of coffee would make everything better. That should settle my stomach. Uh huh.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Sometimes I wish Francois would come and cook for me in the real world as well. Like I say Chocolate is a cure for everything. Infact I could use some now. I'll have the bacon cheeseburger platter first with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have one of those brownies as well with an iced mocha. Hope you feel better Linda.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Ooh yes, a bacon cheeseburger with sweet potato fries sounds good. Fudgy brownie topped with peanut butter ice cream for dessert. Yep, no calories in that meal. :)

Hope all you cafe visitors are doing well this morning!!
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mm, sweet potato fries! I see Francois is manning the grill today. A classic cheeseburger for me, please, Viktor. Betty’s making dessert:
    51gt5agczc9y.jpeg
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Francois or Betty I'll have what Lindak's having for dessert. That looks delicious Reneeihj did you get a warm up as well? It was a balmy 35 degrees earlier with snow coming down around here. Linda I know that's freezing for you but after our below 0 degrees lately it's heavenly. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert the above mentioned apple crisp and an iced mocha. I'm ready for some warm sunshine on the terrace and watching the fire flies.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @Zzyyggy It warmed up a bit(it might've hit 30?) and we got a dusting of snow. Back to 0 this morning. :/ This too, shall pass, right? Com'on spring.

I hope everyone is feeling well this Monday morning? Been catching up on my reading and whittling the pile of books down. Also been watching a movie every day. I'd rather be gardening. :)

I'm in the mood for a good old-fashioned lumberjack's breakfast. Two fried eggs, pancakes slathered with real butter and maple syrup, bacon, crispy hash browns and some premium coffee with real cream. Yum, that'd warm me up! Thank you!!!
    I'll be right over there in the corner by the fireplace, tucked under my blanket, watching the light snow falling and the birds at the feeders.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, yes it did warm up on Sunday. I was actually outside getting in a hike. Can't wait for half ways decent warmer weather say high 20s without the wind chill or even low 30s for the rest of the winter. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a plate of macaroni and cheese with bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I think I'll have that delicious looking chocolate peanut butter lava cake Betty had on the email, and an iced mocha. Did I mention that I'm in need of chocolate?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, y’all, we had 2.35 inches of snow! That’s probably more than the last three years altogether. Then the overnight temperature went down to 19 degrees and the daytime temperature didn’t go over freezing. While Charlotte can have cold weather and snow, we haven’t had much lately. It was up in the 50’s today so I doubt there’s much, if any snow left. I’m finished with my macaroni and cheese and ready for dessert. Yes Zzyyggy, Betty’s chocolate peanut butter lava cake looks good, but I’d rather have iced brownies. Iced brownies with coffee ice cream. I loved Starbucks ice cream. They don’t make it anymore, except at the cybercafe. Lucky me. I think some chocolate covered espresso beans and M&M’s would be good with that, too. Since you need chocolate Zzyyggy, you can have some, too.

Everyone seems to be getting over their colds/Covid except me. I’m not horribly sick, just all stuffed up and tired of sneezing and coughing. In other words, I’m still too disgusting to go out in public. My mother moved from Florida to California last summer. She’s close to her favorite daughter. We all think this is funny, but Mom’s driving my sister a little crazy. I couldn’t help but laugh when my sister described how Mom pulled her mask down and blew her nose right in the middle of Macy’s! My Mom is 92 and has dementia—some days are better than others. Mom didn’t have a heavy enough winter coat but she refused to buy a coat at full price and anything over $50.00 was too much to spend. Miraculously, they found a coat on sale, crisis averted.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Wait a minute....chocolate peanut butter lava cake??? How on earth did I miss this? Add some whipped cream and I'll take a dish, please and thank you. :) Sounds heavenly.

@LindaK125 hope you feel better soon! Did you get Covid or just a good old fashioned cold? There have been some nasty ones out there this year. :(

@Zzyyggy our hiking trails are treacherous, lots of icy spots still. :( Plus it's been colder than I like for outdoor walking, hiking. Maybe once it reaches 50. :)
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @ReenieHJ not sure whether it’s Covid—didn’t get tested, but the kids all had Covid and we have the same symptoms. And, no, we didn’t get it from them as far as w3 can figure. The timing for exposure is all wrong. Omicron is very contagious and it’s prevalent in our area right now. I think I’m still sick because I was the last one to get it. We figured we’d stay home until we’re symptom free.

Francois outdid himself with the pastry baskets this morning. Mm, all these yummy mini pastries and coffee for breakfast? There’s even some 🥐.
    😋
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, how are you today? I’m ready for some Pollo a la Brasa, black beans and rice, and sesame ginger green beans, please. I’ll have a the variety plate of endless cookies for dessert. Ah, nice to sit back and relax.

Just thought I’d mention that Chinese New Year is February 1 this year. It’s the Year of the Tiger. Igor has been busy carrying decorations into the ballroom. I think I saw him carrying a cage. He wouldn’t. . . No.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Linda you do remember Igor was the one who put the Sea Monster in the pool. He's now made a pet of her teaching her new tricks from cliff side, so probably a tiger. I'll have him put the poor thing out in the farm away from the other animals of course with plenty of room to roam.

ReenieHJ I'm with you on waiting until it's over 50 degrees for outdoor exercising. That's why I'm happy with the Y. Although I did get outside yestarday. It was a balmy 25 degrees.

For dinner tonight I'm going to have a BLT with no tomatoes made with oatbran bread and lots of mayo, a bag of potato chips and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. I think I'll sit out on the terrace and watch Igor decorate it with paper lanterns, and tigers.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hmmm first one in today. I'm here early for the early early bird special. I think I'll have a big bowl of spaghetti and meatballs with lots of garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Very cold around here today. I'm welcoming the cyber 90 degrees on the terrace now.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! Ninety degrees on the terrace! I’m glad I’m late for dinner and it’s cooled down to a nice 78 degrees out here on the terrace. The tiger dragon Igor hung out here is really amazing. It’s strung so perfectly from the pergola ceiling that is looks like it’s breathing. Francois made some of my favorite seafood paella. I think I’ll have an iced tea with mini scoops of lemon sorbet with a splash of Southern Comfort’s 55 proof for dessert.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Ha, today I’m early for dinner. Viktor, I’ll have the roast chicken with cheesy rice and broccoli, and biscuits, please. Apple pie and ice cream with my coffee for dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think I'll have what you're having for dinner tonight with a coca cola. The same with the dessert but add an iced mocha to mine. I haven't had a real iced mocha in ages. Not even a hot one. I'll have to get back to my coffee shop soon. Another night on the terrace with it's warm breezes and sunset. I think. but this is only wishful thinking, that this is the last really dangerously cold day for awhile. I think. o:)