So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, LindaK did you stay up to watch the Superbowl? Verymuchfine liyour order. I'm going to have some macaroni and cheese though with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I had the real thing this morning. Went over to my coffee shop. Man was it cold outside, but yes I did have an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    @VeryMuchFine welcome to the cybercafe! I love your order. In fact, I’ve order the same thing.

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Don’t forget to get your heart shaped box filled with all your favorites! My box has chocolate covered caramels. Can’t wait for dessert. The cybercafe really looks sweet with all the pink and red fairy lights and heart decorations.

Zzyyggy, yes, we watched the Super Bowl. Besides, our grandson is into everything football and I wouldn’t want to disappoint him.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Happy belated Valentine's day. I got mine with a mixture of milky way bars, snickers, and kisses. I forgot yestarday was Valentine's Day. Not sure how with all the decorations Igor has up. He's taking them down now, and working on St. Patrick's Day. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a Bacon Cheeseburger with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of Apple Pie and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy an evening out on the terrace reading, and see who shows up. I'm seriously considering a trip to Hawaii if this cold weather keeps up.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hellooooo, wow the place is empty. For dinner tonight I think I'll have a plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm still tired from yestarday's swim so I think it's early to bed for me.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, sorry I didn’t make it here last night. I got distracted when I started posting and never got back to it. I’m ready for dessert. Viktor took my order already. It’s a good night for chocolate, so I ordered an iced brownie and a cafe mocha. Have sweet dreams, Zzyyggy. I’m going to have my dessert and sit in my recliner with my book for awhile.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    So, the rumor has it Vermont might hit 50 F today. If that's the case, I'm ready for some potato salad, macaroni salad, and a nice juicy grilled burger with the works. And an ice cream sundae for dessert, lots of peanuts, chocolate fudge sauce and whipped cream on top. :) That ought to be about 3 days worth of calories. :)

Speaking of calories, I went to the 99's restaurant on Sunday and it's nice they list calorie counts beside their meals. But oh my goodness, all I felt I could have was water or maybe indulge in a cup of coffee. Eeeeks. Most of their meals have as many calories as my whole day would consist of, some even 2 days worth. :/
    Today is a visit to 5 Guys; I have nothing to say about it. :( Another day where my food plan will get shaken.

Good thing this place is like Fantasy Island and I can wish for anything without packing in the calories. :)

Have a great day everyone and hope you all stay healthy, safe and happy in your own corner of the world!!!
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @ReenieHJ —isn’t it supposed to be good to shake things up? Oops, gotta go!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, RenieHJ, yes I heard that rumor about the 50 degrees as well. I think it made it to 52 though. Got out my bathing suit and went to the beach. Just kidding. Although I did see a couple of people in shorts. I've never been to the 99 restaurant in Williston. Will have to check that out. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the barbecued spareribs with potatoes, corn on the cob and lots of butter. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have some angel food cake and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha. I think I'll spend the evening reading by the fire. Viktor has my favorite classical music on, and Igor is putting up some very large green clovers all around.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Whoa, that shamrock hanging from the ceiling by the front door is huge! What do you think of Igor’s green fairy lights, Zzyyggy? Luckily, he’s put up some yellow/gold lights, otherwise we might all end up looking like ghouls. Love the classical music, especially Baroque. One of my favorites is G. F. Handel’s “The Arrival of The Queen of Sheba.” They played this in a scene in the tv mini series “Little Dorrit.” It was wonderful.

It went up to 75 degrees today. I was still cold. We had a beautiful day that was sunny and cloudy and windy. My favorite kind of day. I’m ready for dessert. A Blizzard (the Dairy Queen kind) would be lovely, although that will make me cold. I haven’t decided yet whether to get a Heath Bar Blizzard or an M&M’s Blizzard. I wonder if I could get a chocolate Blizzard with brownie pieces and chocolate covered espresso beans. I could just order my favorite (at the moment) brownie sundae with coffee ice cream, chocolate sauce, hot fudge sauce, and chocolate covered espresso beans, topped with whipped cream. And some maraschino cherries, because yum!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    So 5 Guys is a burger place, essentially. And fries. And milkshakes, yum milkshakes. :) But I had a veggie sandwich and scarfed some of my sister's fries because the place gives you way more than you can eat. (what is it with some places, they give you enough food for an elephant, which explains why I feel like one) and had water to drink. Even their burgers are double burgers unless you order a little burger. :/

SOOOO, being in this fantasy cafe today, I'm going to order a big fat juicy grilled bacon cheeseburger with the works on a delicious soft pillowy bun, with a side of sweet potato fries, and a peanut butter milkshake. Yep, the stuff dreams are made of. :)

Thanks everybody! Viktor, Igor, and all the waitresses who seem to be on sabbatical. :)
  • LindaK125
    Options
    @ReenieHJ —we’ve got a Five Guys burger place by us and I never even noticed a veggie sandwich. Hah! We’ve lived here over 14 years and I think we’ve been there three times. It’s good, but we don’t go out for burgers that much.

A cheeseburger on a brioche bun sounds yummy. Viktor, I’ll have that with sweet potato fries and a Dr. Pepper, please. Some marzipan would be lovely, too.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, ReenieHJ we have a 5 guys in Burlington right on Church street. I've never been there, but I heard it's really good. It's right next to a Starbucks. Linda I don't get out for burgers much either. It's usually for breakfast or a birthday lunch. Last birthday lunch was at KOTO's japaneese house which was really good. For dinner tonight I think I'll have the bacon cheeseburger as well with french fries and a root beer this time around. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. Om Igor lets cut down on the green fairy lights for a bit. The Shamrocks can stay though as well as the leprachauns, although where you got leprachauns, is beyond me.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @VeryMuchFine Then skip dinner and get the whole pint of B & J's, only make it Peanut Butter Cup.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, skipping dinner and going right to the B&J sounds good but I'm starving tonight. I think I'll have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn on the cob. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some of the B&J chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. I think I'll hang out on the terrace tonight and see who comes in. Caught myself looking for airline tickets to Hawaii. Not sure I want to fly yet though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mm, meatloaf sandwiches. Viktor, I’d like a meatloaf sandwich with curly fries and a Cheerwine (similar to Dr. Pepper or cherry coke, but better). A chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich with chocolate chip mint ice cream for dessert, please.

Zzyyggy, you still have more winter to get through. Brr. At least there’s nice weather at the cybercafe and it’s lovely out here on the terrace this evening.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Linda I know. I just keep hoping for warmer weather, but know better hee hee. Yestarday we really did have quite the snow squalls. I'm glad I wasn't in them, and didn't have to drive anywhere. That wind was ferocious. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roasted chicken dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes, squash, dinner rolls and a coca cola. Lots of gravy and butter with everything. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with Vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    The roasted chicken dinner was delicious, Zzyyggy. Let’s sit by the fire while we have our apple pie for dessert. It’s good you didn’t have to go out in the storm, I read that there were wind gusts up to 40 mph.