So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    LindaK125 wrote: »
    Zzyyggy! Ninety degrees on the terrace! I’m glad I’m late for dinner and it’s cooled down to a nice 78 degrees out here on the terrace. The tiger dragon Igor hung out here is really amazing. It’s strung so perfectly from the pergola ceiling that is looks like it’s breathing. Francois made some of my favorite seafood paella. I think I’ll have an iced tea with mini scoops of lemon sorbet with a splash of Southern Comfort’s 55 proof for dessert.

Zzyyggy, I’m not sure you saw the above post about the tiger dragon. It’s truly magnificent.

I see where your weather is warming up so it will snow. I’m going to be getting snow, too. We’re supposed to be getting over an inch tomorrow night. Well, first rain and then snow. I think I’ll spend tomorrow at the cybercafe lounging around the pool outside in the sun. Then we can go hang out in front of the fire in the club room with our favorite coffee drinks and dessert. Francois might just put out a dinner and dessert buffet for everyone escaping the winter weather. I’m sure there are enough recliners for everyone.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, Sorry I didn't see the post but reread it, and saw the tiger dragon hanging up on the ceiling. It is beautiful, and I'm glad it's not real. I think our Igor has taken on Harry Potter's Hagrid's view of Monsters in that the can't be all bad. I'll put my foot down though if he gets a basilisk or a giant spider. Tonight's dinner is going to be a big platter of shrimp scampi over rice. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy. I’m ready for a power nap so I can stay up and watch the storm coverage tonight. Our 2 inches of snow may be mostly rain and I’m not happy about it. I ordered snow. Francois has put out the chocolate buffet for the evening and all the big screens will be showing the storm. I had no idea there were so many big screens hidden in plain sight.

Just give me twenty minutes to close my eyes and dream of chocolate goodies and then the I can peruse the buffet in search of the perfect chocolate treat.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @LindaK125 I suggest taste-testing each chocolate treat(promise I won't rat you out) then when you find the perfect one, load your pockets up. :)
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Linda I'll watch it with you since we're not getting any snow at all, just the dang cold, man I can't wait until warmer weather.

ReenieHJ are you getting any part of the storm? Burlington and the surrounding area are just north enough not to see any snow.

Tonight I'll have a thick piece of porter house steak with a baked potato, coca cola and lots of butter. Sauteed onions and mushrooms on top of that steak please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Linda did you see the 20 irrestible ways Betty made chocolate chip cookies? I'm going to try baking the oatmeal chocolate chip ones tomorrow. Maybe I'll make oatmeal, chocolate chips, and m&m cookies. Out here on the terrace in the sun is so nice.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @LindaK125 I suggest taste-testing each chocolate treat(promise I won't rat you out) then when you find the perfect one, load your pockets up. :)
    All I need is a nibble, Reenie. By the way, I’m not a rat, I’m a mouse! Okay, that’s not actually true. My avatar is a rat, but I identify as a mouse. It sounds so much cuter. Momrat would be so disappointed.

Francois should bake all the chocolate chip cookie recipes, Zzyyggy, and then we can compare them. We did get a little over an inch of snow that was gone by mid morning, except some snow on the roofs and in the gardens. It was pretty windy out today and cold at 39 degrees. This cold/Covid thing is still hanging on for Sweetie and me. Neither of us felt good today so there were cheese sandwiches for dinner. Fortunately for me, Francois made some onion soup for me and even made some apple crumble for dessert. I’m just about ready for my third nap of the day.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @Zzyyggy not much snow, *maybe* an inch but dang it is bitter cold with the wind. It says it's 3 above 0 but wind chill is -12. Glad we're missing the heavy stuff; it's hazardous in the coastal regions. :(

@LindaK125 I hope you and dh feel better soon. :( Dh tested + on Wednesday and had a few cold symptoms; I could tell he was much better Friday because he's been picking on me again, per his usual. :) I self tested yesterday and came up negative, no symptoms whatsoever so I was extra extra careful and went walking with my sister, didn't get within 6' of her the whole way, took a bath(almost :) ) in sanitizer, masked up. Praying to the Covid gods I wasn't contagious. :(

Getting so sick of this bitter cold though. Whatever I choose today at this wonderful cafe has got to be hot and comforting. French Onion soup always looks so good with cheesy bread on top so I think that'll be my order for lunch. Maybe with a side of extra cheesy bread, finished off with more cheesy cheesier bread. :)
    Dessert, something warm that has chocolate and whipped cream, maybe a molten lava cake. Mmmmmm..
    Then nap time.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, ReenieHJ I'm with you the bitter cold can go back up north where it belongs and stay there for the rest of the year. Glad you didn't get much snow.

Linda I hope you feel better as well. Since I'm out and about in the real world I've been thinking about an at home Covid test, but then I think how accurate are they. I do wear my mask every where and do the whole social distance thing. I'm getting sick of Winter though and the cold.

Alright enough of my moaning. At least we have the cyber cafe with 70 degrees and Sunshine when ever we want. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the prime rib dinner with baked potato, salad, and a coca cola. For dessert Francois has set up the chocolate chip cookie bar so we can taste test which ones we like. I'll do a plate of those, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, it’s supposed to go up to 70 on Thursday in Charlotte. Of course, that will be for about an hour or so, in the rain. Ah, but we need the rain. Looks like we’ll be warming up. Usually the daffodils start blooming the second week of February. It’s been so cold though, I’m not sure they will bloom until a week or so later.

Reenie made a good choice with the chocolate and whipped cream. I’m going for the seven layer chocolate cake with whipped cream. Viktor, you can just bring a bowl of whipped cream to the table. What doesn’t get eaten with cake or brownies can top my coffee. 😋
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Linda I love your order. Tonight I'm in the mood for beef though. I think I'll have a big old bacon cheeseburger with french fries and a root beer this time around. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I had the real thing today. Finally made it over to my coffee shop and spent some time there. Had two iced mochas.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mm, iced mocha sounds good right now. A plate of chocolate chip cookies for me, please, Viktor. I was looking out my back door today and saw that my neighbor’s daffodils are blooming! I forgot that the beginning of January (the week before our super arctic cold) was really warm. I guess we’ve gone from late fall to early spring with just two weeks of winter in the middle. We did have three snow storms.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, wow daffodils in February I can only wish. We are having a warm up here though 41 degrees tomorrow, and then it's back to snow on Thursday. I haven't heard anything about Phill yet wonder if he saw his shadow or not? For dinner tonight I think I'll have meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy with a couple of dinner rolls and lots of butter. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Happy New Year! Groundhog Day is tomorrow. It will be a nice warm up for you, Zzyyggy. We’ll be getting rain Thursday and warm weather.

A scoop of chocolate chip mint ice cream for a bedtime snack for me, please, Viktor.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I saw Phil packing his bags and boarding a plane south the other day. :/ I think he's as sick of all this weird weather like everyone else.

I need some kind of a hot-out-of-the-oven apple caramel coffee cake this morning, with some hot chocolate topped with lots of whipped cream. Mmmm that'd be delicious right about now. :)
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Linda I remembered that after I got off the computer. I'm confused as to what day it is sometimes and thought yestarday was the 2nd for some reason. Oh well 6 more weeks of Winter it is I guess.

RenieHJ I hope Phil wears his mask on the plane. I think New York's Chuck is following him. These furry creatures seem to have the right idea.

For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of beef stew with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I thought today was suppose to be warm. It was but the wind was cold.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, For dinner tonight I'm going to have the Barbecued Chicken wings and Pizza. Francois and Viktor have set up the pizza bar for those who want it. I'd like a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim first and then sit out on the terrace to see who joins me.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mmm, Zzyyggy, the pizza bar was inspired. I have a veggie slice with extra, extra cheese. I think I’ll have another Coca-Cola with my brownie. There’s whipped cream and caramel and chocolate sauces for the brownies.

Viktor, may I please have a bowl of chocolate chip mint ice cream. That will be really good with my brownie.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of Devil's food cake and some chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce. An iced mocha with that please. It's still snowing out there. It's pretty but I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere. I think we got at least a foot and a half.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! At this point I can’t even imagine that much snow. We’ve had about an inch of rain today. Thank goodness it’s a beautiful sunny day here at the cybercafe. It’s so nice out here on the terrace. Francois is going to grill some salmon for me for dinner and I ordered green beans and egg noodles with sour cream and chives and the tomato salad with the balsamic vinaigrette. I can’t wait. Viktor says the Pinot Grigio will pair well with my dinner order. The cranberry apple tart looks yummy. I’ll have to ask Viktor to set aside a piece for me for dessert this evening.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, The sun is out today but it is cold. It's beautiful outside. I haven't been anywhere but the back area of my building. I was going to go out in the front area but the smokers were there. I'm waiting for the sidewalks to get a little clearer and less hazardous before I venture forth. For dinner tonight I'm going to have that bucket of fried chicken from you know where with the mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.