So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi Linda, Love watching it storm from the inside. Now I know what it feels like to be in a snow globe. Here are some before and after pictures from our storm. I took these on Thursday afternoon mwcz1j2h1g1k.jpg
    and I took these this morning. ox4ufqcar37c.jpg
    Notice the cars that need to be dug out. I'm glad I don't have to dig them out. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a porter house steak with baked potato, and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha.

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    First thing I noticed was the cars! And people were parked on the street. Not for me, I like parking in my garage. If it snowed like that around here it would be considered a major snowstorm.

Viktor, I’ll have a pepperoni roll split and toasted then topped with Oliverio’s peppers and tomatoes and provolone melted over the top. May I please have a Dr, Pepper?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, those cars shouldn't have been there at all. During the Winter months theres a parking ban in affect and all cars have to be off the roads or be towed, or buried. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some Fried chicken, mashed potatoes gravy, and a coca cola. Corn on the cob as well. For dessert I'd like slice of apple pie and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha. I'm going to sit by the fire in the dining room and enjoy the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    The fire is nice tonight Zzyyggy. It’s already below freezing here. The minestrone Francois made for me earlier was delicious. Now I’m ready for some Christmas cookies and coffee.

I found a tea that I like. It’s an herbal tea—chamomile fennel tea. It helps me manage my reflux. I been having painful symptoms, so I had to change what I was eating. Fortunately, I can eat all the coffee, tea, mint, chocolate, butter, and cheese (and more) I want at the cybercafe. This should be fun over the holidays, however, the goal is that I don’t feel sick. That ought to keep me watching what I eat. Hmm, low salt, low fat, no caffeine, no food additives—it sounds suspiciously healthy.

Viktor! I’d love another coffee, please. Are there anymore chocolate covered caramels? Bet they would be good with ice cream. And chocolate fudge sauce. And chocolate covered espresso beans. And M&M’s. There, that should give me sweet dreams.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and peas. Dinner rolls and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I think I'll have some apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I think I'll sit on the terrace and enjoy the sunshine. I haven't seen the sun in a couple of days. I'm beginning to get a sour disposition because of it. I know what you mean about uneatable foods in the real world. I can't eat french fries, potato chips or anything else like that. Not that it's a burden but I do miss my french fries.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m out here by the pool in the sun and I’m not moving until the temperature in the real world goes back up over 50 degrees. Viktor has just delivered my iced tea and he says the freggies and cheese plate will be out shortly. Francois made my favorite little cheese crackers, too. Ahhhh.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think I'll join you by the pool. I could use a swim since I haven't had one since last Tuesday. I've been pretty lazy about my swims in the real world lately. For dinner tonight I think I'll have the bacon cheeseburger, onion rings and coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. My lap top seems to be haunted lately. The cursor is doing what it wants not what I want it to do. Igor has set up a nice giant Christmas tree complete with lights out here. We can celebrate the year's longest day with a bonfire and s'mores. Ooops I guess we'll do that tomorrow since the 21 is the longest day of the year. I thought it was today. Oh well we'll have a bonfire tonight as well. :)
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Terrific bonfire tonight. It’s nice out here and Christmas tree looks beautiful tonight. Mm, toasted marshmallows work great in hot chocolate.

Gee, Zzyyggy, I’m hopeless with computer problems. I just tell Sweetie and let him deal with it. When my iPad gets crazy I restart it and that clears out the buffers, whatever that is. All I know is it gets better. I can do that and change the batteries in the mouse. That’s it. I hate when things don’t work the way they’re supposed to.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, welcome to the Winter Solstice. The shortest day of the year. After today the days start getting longer again Yeah. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the BLT grinder without the tomatoes though with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim before dinner tonight. I'm going for a real swim tomorrow. I thought I was getting a new bed tomorrow, but it came this afternoon instead so my swim is back on. My sister and brother-in-law brought over the bed and put it together then took away the old bed. They rented a truck, or rather I rented the truck and they drove it. So I have a nice new bed to sleep on tonight. Maybe I won't move into the cyber cafe for the Winter. It depends on how bad this next storm is.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! Hope enjoy your new bed tonight and that you have a nice swim tomorrow morning. We got a new bed last week. I love it, although I’m hoping we can figure out how to use our headboard, rails, and footboard. I’m going to bed early tonight. I’m freezing. We’ve been having actual winter weather. Today was cloudy and dark and we’ll have rain for the next two days. Christmas Eve and Christmas are going to be sunny, but really cold—with a low as cold as 14 degrees and a highs in the 30’s, it will be the coldest weather we’ve had in long time. Looks like you’ll have some rain, snow, and lots more cold weather.

Viktor, I’d like a cup of hot chocolate and some molasses ginger cookies, please. I’ll sit by the fire for awhile.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, it looks like the whole country is going to go cold for the weekend. Bundle up or you can move into the Cyber cafe. The weather was just plain blah today around here. It wasn't that cold yet just chilly, dark and dreary. For dinner tonight I would love the fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn with lots of butter. A coca cola and dinner rolls with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream, and an iced mocha. I couldn't get to sleep at all lastnight. The bed was comfy, but it was different for me, and I hadn't done a whole lot yestarday so I spent the night just lying there playing solitaire on my kindle. I didn't wake up this morning though with a lot of aches and pains.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I’m just watching Miss Lori over on her YouTube channel Whippoorwill Holler making her fried chicken. Of course, she’s making white beans and cornbread with her fried chicken. Nice of her to stop by the cybercafe and cook in the kitchen with Francois. Mm, mm. Let’s not forget the coleslaw. She’s going to make eggnog pie next time. So that’s what I’m ordering tonight. And coffee. I miss my coffee. Coffee with cream and sugar.

I hear the wind picking up outside and by tomorrow morning it’s going to be bitter cold, so I’m looking forward to breakfast at the cybercafe. It took me a little bit to get used to our new bed, too. Last night I slept 8 hours and in the morning I woke up and my back didn’t hurt. It’s so nice to sleep in comfort and not feel like I spent the night in a torture chamber.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, talk about cold. We started out at 51 degrees this morning, and it's 28 degrees now. The temp is still dropping. Heard Thunder earlier. And saw this in the sky earlier 63jhgcrx2k1r.jpg That's unheard of in December. No white Christmas though. All the snow is gone. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried scallops with french fries, and coleslaw and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Love the rainbow, Zzyyggy. We actually had a colder day than you because the weather front hit us first. Tomorrow morning it’s supposed to be 11 degrees. Not something we see very often. By next Sunday the temperatures will be up in the 50’s and 60’s with rain. I wonder what the rest of winter will be like. Aren’t you glad you didn’t get two feet of snow out of this storm?

Our famous cybercafe chef, Francois, made french onion soup. I had a big bowl with lots of melted cheese over the top. Viktor served it with warm crusty bread and he brought a pot of tea for me, too. Just finishing up another pecan turtle. The cybercafe’s Christmas candy is delicious. It’s everything I’ve imagined it could be. Seriously, I’ve been eating too many goodies in the real world. That’s the problem with having homemade goodies. Hopefully, there will be very few leftovers and we can send goodies home with the kids and that will eliminate temptation.

Have a wonderful Christmas weekend! 🎄The cybercafe’s decorations are spectacular this year and Igor somehow managed to get the outdoor pool frozen in red and white stripes. Amazing. We’ll have to swim 🏊‍♀️ in the indoor pool, but it’s worth it. Looks like the cybercafe will be serving a Christmas feast all weekend long. 🎄 Don’t forget to check the presents 🎁 under the tree.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi Linda, we actually did get a couple of inches of snow so it will be a white Christmas and a cold one. Our temps today were about 13 degrees but colder with a wind chill factor. I'm going to have a bowl of that french onion soup with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Yes the outdoor pool does look good. Glad we have the indoor for swimming. Igor loves his lights though and the animated decorations. Good thing that wind we had yestarday in the real world didn't blow here. Linda hope you and yours have a great holiday tomorrow, and keep enjoying those goodies.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s way too cold in the real world! 13 degrees—Yikes! I’m heading over to the buffet one more time. I’d like just a few more crackers and cheese before I collapse in my recliner by the fire in the Club Room with a cup of hot chocolate, a book to read, and a cat or two to keep me warm and toasty. We’ll have to go to bed early so Santa can stop by and leave our presents.

Have a Merry Christmas Day. No matter how we spend the day we can all pretend we visited the cybercafe and had a glass of cheer, or in my case, coffee and maybe some cookies or cinnamon buns or macaroni and cheese or pie with ice cream or even candy canes, although I’d prefer chocolate to candy canes.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Merry Christmas to you and yours. I'm too full for even cyber food so I'll have some cookies and fudge, and an iced mocha. I'm goin to sit infront of the fireplace, and listen to Christmas Carols. I'll have the Christmas dinner tomorrow.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Merry Christmas, Zzyyggy. I think I’ll join you by the fireplace and have a nice cup of tea.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, and Happy Boxing day. I think I'm going to adopt the British holiday the day after Christmas as my own, and make it a rest day. For dinner tonight I'm going to have barbecued chicken wings, potato skins with bacon and cheese, and corn on the cob with lots of butter all the things I can't have in the real world. For dessert I'll have a slice of Apple pie and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha. Had the real thing this morning (bottled from Dunkin Donuts but it was pretty good). I think I'll have dinner out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Sure is nice out here on the terrace this evening, Zzyyggy. That iced mocha sure looks good. Hmm, I think I’ll ask Viktor to make an iced tea with scoops of lemon sorbet for me. I’m glad it’s 75 degrees out here on the terrace tonight. It’s been so cold in the real world.