So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda I'm starving tonight. I think I'll have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of Boston Cream Pie and an iced mocha. We had sun today and it felt pretty good. Still cold out there though.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Sunny here at the cybercafe today. I spent the afternoon yachting around the indoor pool. The outdoor pool is still frozen even though the air was a balmy 80 degrees today. It’s a mystery. The red and white striped pool is real pretty, though. I ordered the beef stew this evening and Francois made buttermilk biscuits. Delicious. I think I’ll have a root beer float for dessert tonight.

Things are warming up I the real world and by New Year’s weekend we’re supposed to have temperatures in the mid 60’s. I’m not sure how I feel about that. The extended weather forecast was showing lots of rain for the Charlotte area. I swear every time I check the forecast they’ve taken away more of the raindrops. I just hope we get some rain.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, another cloudy day today. We're warming up now as well. Today was 32 degrees. I know I'm late tonight. Got too interested in a book I was reading and lost track of time. Had a late dinner because of it as well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have Spaghetti and meatballs with lots of garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'll join you by the indoor pool.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Coffee, please, and Viktor, may I also have chocolate covered espresso beans?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think we were about the same temp today. Our high was 46 degrees with lots of sunshine. Boy did we have a gorgeous sunrise this morning. I am starved. I think I'll have a plate full of chicken nuggets, with barbecue dipping sauce, french fries, baked beans and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight as well. I think it'll be dinner and bed tonight. I did a lot of swimming this morning. Got any plans for New Years Eve? I'm going to spend it here at the cafe. The boys are setting up for a great New Year's Eve Party.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mm, just finishing up my cheese plate here. I had dessert before, but I’m going to have more coffee. I’m really missing coffee. Zzyyggy, we had a sunny, 65 degrees today. It didn’t feel toasty to me.

My big decision on New Year’s Eve and tomorrow night, as well, is whether to go dancing in the cybercafe’s bar or swimming in the pool (a really cool place to watch the fireworks from) or watching movies in the man cave or lounging in my recliner in the Club Room. Plus, we have to stop in dining room to check out the buffet on Saturday and the luau is out on the patio and terrace on Friday. We need to be sure to stop at the New Year’s Day all day brunch, too. It’s going to be a busy weekend. Of course, in the real world it’s going to be another quiet weekend at home.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, so much to do so little time. We've got a very big weekend at the cyber cafe this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and beans, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with all that please. I'm really confused about what day it is. I keep thinking it's either Saturday or Thursday, not Friday.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Francois and Viktor did a tremendous job last night on the luau. In fact, I’m surprised I managed to find myself at brunch this morning, er, almost afternoon. Oh, pancakes, yum. They go together so well with my coffee.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm here for the New Year's Eve Celebration. We just had our own here at the apartment building. Had a fire on one of the lower floors of the building. Not a major one, but everyone was out of the building for a few minutes, and we had the fire department here. We're all back inside safely. I'm hungry tonight. For dinner I think I'll celebrate the New Year with a Prime Rib dinner, Baked potato, and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I don't know if I'll make it up for the fire works at 12:00 tonight. Maybe we can move midnight down in the Cyber Cafe.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Wow, it’s midnight already! (The last 6 hours of the day felt like just a minute or two.) Did your fireworks eclipse the fireworks at the cybercafe? I’m so glad the fire department showed up and everyone is okay. Nothing too exciting at my house. Our grandson is here. He wanted Kraft macaroni and cheese for dinner. I’ve been told it’s really yummy, but I think I’ll stick with my cheese and freggies plate.

Dinner was wonderful Zzyyggy, but that was hours ago and Francois has midnight breakfast ready. Don’t dawdle, I don’t want to miss the cinnamon buns and coffee. I’m sure there are some with pecans, maybe even sugared pecans.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Cinnamon buns and coffee sound good. Happy New Year Linda. Welcome to 2023. Last night was fun watching the fireworks here. I heard Burlington's fireworks at 12:00. They were a little late. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the porter house steak dinner with baked potato, salad, and lots of butter. For dessert I'll have some apple pie and an iced mocha. I'm ready for a good year how about you?
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’ll toast to a good year. I’ve got my apple pie spice latte (perfect with apple pie) and you’ve got your iced mocha—perfect for toasting. I ordered vanilla ice cream with my apple pie.

Looks like Igor, Viktor, and Jorge have put away all the decorations. I wish Sweetie would bring the boxes downstairs so our decorations could be put away. I’ll have to remember to ask him to bring the boxes down. I’m sure hearts and flowers will be decorating the cybercafe soon.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Yup no more holidays until Valentines day. No it's time to get back into routines and fun. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I think I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I really need to have the real thing soon, but it doesn't look like it for awhile. My Mondays are all booked for the next month, and the rest of the week I have swimming and grocery shopping. Maybe I'll get the bottles at the store on Wednesday.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Meatloaf! Viktor, I’d like a meatloaf sandwich and a Dr. Pepper, and a piece of lemon meringue pie for dessert, please. Zzyyggy, you’ve reminded me to check my shopping list. The holidays bring so much food into the house, I can’t remember what we’ve got in the freezer and whether we have enough vegetables in the fridge. A couple of weeks ago I asked Sweetie to buy a butternut squash or an acorn squash. He bought both. i haven’t decided how I want to fix them. I need Francois! Wouldn’t it be nice to have a chef come and cook for you?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Yes, that is my ultimate dream. Someone to cook just like mom use to, and clean up as well. I think I would eat a whole lot healthier as well. Oh well. In lieu of that we do have already chopped veggies, prepared meals, and restaurants, and the cyber cafe of course. For dinner tonight I would like the fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, and peas. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I think I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. I think I'll have dinner on the terrace tonight and watched the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, nice night for Sunset Dessert. I had chili tonight for dinner. Ice cream for dessert works for me. I considered an ice cream sundae or ice cream lasagna, but I think I’ll have a double caramel Magnum Bar. Viktor keeps some in the ice cream freezer out here on the terrace.

Sweetie says he can hear an owl in the hedgerow out back. Last night Sweetie came racing down the stairs and grabbed his jacket while explaining that something hit the roof and he was headed outside to check the roof. I’m thinking it’s too dark to see anything and it might just be an owl. Maybe it got one of our many squirrels. I hope so. This one squirrel makes me crazy. He climbs right up the brick on the siding, up to the roof and chews on the soffit and facia boards. I wouldn’t mind if the owl ate that one.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, what was on your roof? Squirrels can be pests but they are fun to watch. I'm starving tonight. I think I'll have some lasagna and with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'm also ordering sunshine for the cafe since we won't get any until at least Sunday here in the real world. So I'll have to settle for virtual sunshine. I'll take my dinner out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, we don’t know for certain what was on the roof last night. We can’t see any damage. In the last 24 hours we’ve had over two inches of rain. Maybe when it dries out enough to walk around the house we might see something. I’m pretty sure it was an owl. Tomorrow will be sunny and 65 degrees around here so we’ll be able to check things out more thoroughly.

Francois made the most delicious lasagna tonight. I think I’ll have another piece of garlic bread and a cup of coffee for dessert. Sure is nice out here on the terrace this evening. Igor and Jorge have the fire pits going to ward of the chill and the soft guitar music in the background is very relaxing.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving again tonight. The lasagna was really good last night, but Francois has gone Chineese tonight with a Chineese buffet set up. I'll have some of the fried pork rice, General T'so's chicken, there are egg rolls, wonton soup, and those noodles. I'll have a little of everything with a coca cola. For dessert how about some vanilla ice cream, Fortune cookies, and an iced mocha. Dinner's outside on the terrace again with lots of sunshine. All we saw was rain again today.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Dinner was delicious tonight, Zzyyggy. I haven’t had an egg roll in a very long time. Francois made made my favorite Chinese almond cookies, too. It’s time for a pot of tea and cookies. First, a fortune cookie or two. It’s so nice out here on the terrace and the moon is looking very full tonight, after all the full moon is tomorrow.