So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, Here for dinner. For dinner I'll have some fried scallops with french fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have a turtle brownie and coffee, please. Hi, Zzyyggy. I’m just here for dessert. I slept most of the day, I haven’t been sleeping well and when I got up Sweetie had made chicken noodle soup and a small roast beef with sweet potatoes for dinner. Wonderfully unexpected.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, wow what a great dinner. I'm tired tonight. I'll have a Porterhouse steak with a baked potato, and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a brownie and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight. I'll have dinner out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, how are you this evening? I see Zzyyggy out on the terrace. I’ll join her. I’d like a super veggie pizza and a root beer, please. And for dessert we’ll have some more brownies and iced mochas all around.

Hey, Zzyyggy. I was doing laundry today and Sweetie was explaining that if I bought more clothes I could do laundry less frequently. He said that he has enough clothing that I wouldn’t have to do his laundry for a long time. Yes, the man who wears these baggy, ill fitting cargo pants, the ones with all the pockets, has FIFTEEN pairs of them. I am gobsmacked. Fifteen. Pairs.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, 15 pairs. Eventually you do have to do laundry and that's a lot of laundry to do. I use to do it that way save it up until I had at least 6 loads to do, and then I spent the whole day doing it. Yuck. Then you have to fold and hang all those pants. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the old fashion chicken and dumplings with lots of gravy, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie, vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll go for a swim today before dinner.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, I still do Sweetie’s laundry every week anyway, but he sure does have a whole lot of clothes.

Dinner on the terrace tonight. Chicken and potato gnocchi (my version of dumplings) with gravy sounds wonderful. Pi day is on Wednesday and Francois has been working overtime to get all the fixins for pies together. It’s been great to try out some of his new recipes over the last couple of weeks. And now we’ll have pies every day this week. Let’s not forget pizza pie and chicken pot pie. For dessert tonight I’m going to have a piece of toasted coconut cream pie and an iced tea.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Yes Pie day is tomorrow. Speaking of I think I'll have the chicken pot pie tonight with dinner rolls and lots of butter, a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll start with pie day tonight. A slice of blueberry pie with an iced mocha. I'm pooped tonight, and may spend the night at the cafe to avoid our latest winter storm.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Tuesday is the 14th—how I got that wrong I don’t know, because our baby and grand baby have birthdays this week. Our baby is 48 years old. Amazing. Anyway, your dinner and dessert order sounds wonderful and I asked Viktor to bring me the same thing with a pot of hot coffee. Quiche for breakfast tomorrow? After all, quiche is pie, isn’t it? I’ve never actually made chicken pot pie, but I used to make chicken stew with homemade herb biscuits cooked on top and that was delicious.

I’m ready to sit by the fire tonight. Miss Nora had her hair salon freezing cold and it’s been cold outside, too. I had to find my hat, scarf, and gloves this morning. I even wore a thermal shirt. I might get warm sometime tomorrow. I can’t bring myself to turn up the heat—it’s set at 68 right now. I wouldn’t mind 72 degrees or even 74 degrees right now.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I wish we were at 62 degrees. It got cold here this afternoon with lots of snow, and wind blowing bleh. For dinner tonight I'm going to have pizza pie with everything, and chicken wings. A coca cola with that please. For dessert Francois and Viktor have set up a pie bar in honor of pie day. I'm going to start with a slice of the chocolate peanut butter silk pie, and an iced mocha and then make my way down the bar. I think I'll hang out inside by the fire. I need heat. My apartment is warm enough but just looking outside makes me cold right now.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, while I’m sorry you have another snow storm, I’m also kind of jealous, too. Here in Charlotte it’s been in the low 40’s in the evening, although before this last weekend we were having temperatures in the 70’s. I’m not minding days in the 40’s and 50’s. We’ll be warming back up into the 60’s soon enough. Easter is in three weeks. One year it was 89 degrees on Easter. I’m definitely not ready for that! No snow here. We’ve been having an early spring, but with the below freezing morning temperatures this last couple of days my irises are drooping. I wonder how all the peach orchards are doing.

I’ve been watching all the bad weather out in California. My sister said they have some localized flooding east of San Francisco where she lives and they had snow on Mount Diablo, which is close to where she lives. Her daughters live in San Francisco and Oakland and they’re okay and our niece in San Jose says they’ve had flooding. I wonder how our niece in La Jolla is doing because Los Angeles has gotten a huge amount of rain, too. She texted to wish Sweetie a happy birthday, but we haven’t talked yet. I know they’ve had mudslides up and down the coast. I always worry about family.

After eating the best pizza ever at the cybercafe I’m ready to peruse the pie bar. The blueberry pie and cherry pies looks delicious. There’s the brownie pie with swirls of cheesecake that looks divine and I can top it with fruit, ice cream, chocolate sauce, chocolate fudge, whipped cream, and, oh, caramel sauce. Yes, I’ll have that. Just a little bit of everything. Zzyyggy! There’s mini M&M’s and chocolate covered espresso beans which are my favorites, as well as some other candies I don’t care as much about (I’ll let someone else have those).
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Glad to hear your family in California is safe. I have a nephew that lives in Washington which is getting the rain as well. He's doing fine though, He's a nurse so pretty busy but was on face book the other day saying he was safe. I'm pooped today after of a day of setting up stuff, and going through boxes. I can't believe I'm still throwing stuff out oh well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some blueberry pie and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Mm, I can’t get enough of this blueberry pie. It’s delicious, especially since I can’t eat blueberries in the real world. Viktor should be along any second now with my iced tea. I know it seems late, but my sleep schedule is a mess right now. I’ll probably head off to bed in an hour and hopefully, sleep until at least 6:00 am. That would be nice.

Zzyyggy, I was watching Ryan Hall Y’all on YouTube and he said there’s another snowstorm coming and WE MIGHT GET SNOW IN CHARLOTTE! I’m so excited. Even if we get flurries it would be wonderful. I’m not counting on it and it would probably happen at night. Here I am wishing for snow and you’re probably dreading it.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, We had another snow flurry this afternoon, and it was pretty wild. If I could I would send you all our snow storms. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bucket of fried chicken original recipe with those mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob with lots of butter and those yummy biscuits with lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie, with vanilla ice cream, and an iced mocha. Had the real iced mocha today. Went to Starbucks in Market32, and remembered why I don't like the place. I do like the Starbucks across the street from them.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m disappointed. It’s going to rain tomorrow. No snow. I wish you really could send snow, Zzyyggy. It was cold today so I think I’ll sit by the fire in the Club Room. I’ve ordered a nice big bowl of Italian wedding soup with a loaf of warm, crusty bread and a cheese and freggies plate. I decided on a plate of cannolis with my coffee for dessert.

• Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'll join you by the fire place. It's been cold and damp around here all day. Rain rain, and more rain. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of irish lamb stew in honor of St. Patrick's day, with lots of bread and butter for dipping, and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of Betty's Green Grasshopper pie and an iced mocha. The fire feels so nice and the St. Patty's day decorations are so cute. Love the Leprachauns running around. Wonder if they'll let us see the end of the rainbow.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, hopefully you'll be in later today. For tonight's dinner I'm going to have the porter house steak with baked potato, and salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie, and an iced mocha. I'm pooped tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I can’t believe this! I posted this morning or I thought I did. I ordered the corned beef cabbage dinner. I even ordered the grasshopper ice cream pie—I like the one Francois makes best.

Zzyyggy, the leprechauns left early in the morning, never having discussed rainbows. Perhaps it’s a sensitive subject? They did leave these yummy chocolate coins though.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I think I'll have the corn beef and cabbage for dinner tonight. I forgot about that on Friday. Lots of dinner rolls and butter for dipping, and a coca cola with that please. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I think I'll hang out by the fire again in the dining room. It's been really raw outside today. Very comfortable inside though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Brr, it’s cold out, that fire sounds good to me, too, Zzyyggy. It sounds like your new place is nice and cozy even when it’s cold outside. I ordered the beef stew tonight and Viktor said he’d bring out another bread basket and butter for us. I’m having chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches for dessert. Francois made his delicious coffee ice cream today and I can’t wait to try some.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. We finally got sunshine around here today. For dinner tonight I'm going for the meatloaf platter with lots of mashed potatoes, gravy, dinner rolls, and peas. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have some those chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight. Went for a nice long walk this morning, and then brought out a couple loads of cardboard. I'm ready for bed, but I'm going to enjoy sitting out on the terrace tonight.