So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I will gladly give you all my snow. Not sure how to get it down there though. Spent the day grocery shopping, unpacking, and moving furniture. My sister brought over some lamps. Only the kitchen had overhead lights. I was completely in the dark at my desk the last couple of nights. Tonight it's much better. It gets dark really early here up north. I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the spaghetti and meatballs platter with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some of those cream filled cupcakes Betty had for a recipe today. Viktor made a fresh batch. What a chef. I'll have an iced mocha with that please. I'll have dinner out on the terrace and enjoy the sunset. We have clouds right now getting ready for the next storm :#
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Mm, just finishing my macaroni and cheese, Zzyyggy. I would love some of those cream filled cupcakes, too. I would love snow, however I’m getting used to the warmer temperatures already. As soon as the temperature dropped below 74 degrees in the house last night I had to find my sweatshirt. I was cold. As far as sunset goes, I’m farther south and west. Sunset is at 6:17 today. Much later than your 5:40. And I don’t fancy sitting in the dark either. It’s a good thing your sister brought lamps for you.

It’s a nice night out on the terrace—it’s toasty warm at the cybercafe, although there was a chill in the air this morning and Igor and Jorge lit up the fireplace in the Club Room. It was such a treat to sit by tye fire and drink my morning coffee and read my book.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm pooped tonight. I'm going to have a big bowl of beef stew, biscuits with lots of butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some ice cream sandwiches, and an iced mocha. Rest day for me.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    The beef stew was delicious. I’m thinking about having some more biscuits and have Viktor bring butter, raspberry jam and a nice pot of tea for dessert. That should give me sweet dreams tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm pooped again, but my living room looks like a living room now instead of a storage area. I still have a lot more boxes to unpack, but it's beginning to look homey around here. For dinner tonight I could go for a big bucket of fried chicken from you know where original recipe with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob, biscuits and butter. I'll even share my bucket and sides. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim in the pool before dinner though, and then have dinner on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your dinner, Zzyyggy. I love sitting out on the terrace in the evening. I think I’ll have another cookie with my last cup of coffee.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s another beautiful morning at the cybercafe. Viktor, since it’s National Pound Cake Day, I’ll have the cherry chocolate chip pound cake with the sunny side breakfast plate and coffee, please. I’d like a booth at a window overlooking the oceanfront.

It’s going to be a beautiful, sunny day in the real world, too. The perfect day to celebrate birthday month. All our special guys have birthdays in March and we go out for lunch or dinner together. Today it’s lunch at one of my favorite family restaurants. It’s a steak and seafood restaurant and the owners are Greek. They used to have more Greek menu items like baba ganoush, but there are still quite a few Mediterranean dishes to choose from. They have a seven layer chocolate cake that we occasionally order on special occasions. One piece pretty much serves the five of us, although the littlest sweetie always wants his own piece. Now that he’s going to be 15 (unbelievably), I wonder if he’s figured out that there is no way you can eat an entire piece by yourself in one sitting. Of course, a 15 year old boy might be able to do that. It’s so amazing that this 6 foot tall teenage boy all the young waitresses flirt with is our grandson.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm here for dinner. I'm starving. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes and gravy, beans, and a dinner role. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Another evening on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, Zzyyggy, it’s you. I’ve been lounging out here on the terrace in my recliner since we got home from our birthday lunch. No one got the seven layer chocolate cake. It’s depressing and it’s made me grouchy. I’m going to order the cake now, plus an entire pot of coffee with cream and sugar. And I want a bowl of vanilla ice cream with fudge sauce and whipped cream, too. Thank goodness nothing I eat at the cybercafe ever makes me sick.

Now that I’m less grouchy, Zzyyggy, you’ve got the living room unpacked, but what about the bedroom? How are you doing there? It always takes me a little time to get organized, especially getting the closet organized. I like shelves and they’re never the right kind of shelves. All our bedrooms have walk-in closets and I had Sweetie build in 14 inch deep shelves for containers, blankets, and pillows, while leaving plenty of hanging space.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have the meatloaf special—how can I resist the macaroni and cheese side? The grilled vegetables for my second side. Francois has been baking pies and more pies today, so pie for me, too! I’m torn between the apple crumb pie and the chocolate pecan pie. Hmm.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, as of today the bedroom is now organized sort of. I have two closets with only one shelf each but I have lots of clear bins. I didn't unpack my summer stuff, I'll leave that until well Summer. I'll probably rearrange everything again while I'm here. For dinner tonight I'll have the prime rib with baked potato, and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy that out on the terrace again tonight. If I may I'll join you Linda. We can enjoy the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Yes, join me. It’s almost time for sunset. An iced mocha sounds good and it will go great with my chocolate pecan pie. Viktor says i mustn’t stand on the table and yell to get his attention. Does that mean it’s okay to stand on my chair?

VIKTOR! Oh, he doesn’t look happy with me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Viktor will just have to live with it. Stand on the table and wave flags if he doesn't get over to you promptly. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the macaroni and cheese with dinner rolls and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight and ready for bed.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Sweetie, the birthday boy, wanted brownies and double caramel Magnum ice cream bars. No seven layer chocolate cake. Now I’ll have to wait six months before I get another chance. I ate too many brownies. They were iced with vanilla cream icing, so I couldn’t resist. I’m certain Viktor won’t mind bringing me some chamomile tea and some Pepcid Complete. I’m planning on lying perfectly still in my recliner for awhile. I think I’ll put on my fuzzy bunny slippers and curl up under my blue fleece blanket. Maybe by tomorrow morning I’ll feel like moving again.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Happy Birthday to your sweetie. Or rather a belated Happy birthday. I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, dinner rolls/lots of butter, string beans, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of Apple Pie, and an iced mocha. I'm pooped tonight from all my swimming, but gradually hanging up pictures and stuff. One more box unpacked.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Sweetie says thanks, Zzyyggy. Sounds like your apartment is coming together. I had the roast chicken with oven roasted vegetables and sweet potato for dinner at the cybercafe this evening, it’s so nice to sit out here on the terrace and have dessert. Mm, apple pie and vanilla ice cream, yum.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, for some reason I'm pooped tonight. I didn't do a whole lot today. Just puttered. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the grilled New York strip steak with baked potato, butter and a coca cola. I've been into steak lately and can't seem to find any good ones at the supermarket. I want to pick up a really nice one to use in my air fryer. I've been doing veggies in it and they come out so good even the frozen ones. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have a cup of tea and a lemon biscotti, please. Hey, Zzyyggy. I have an oven that’s an air fryer, but I haven’t used the air fryer yet. I’m so used to cooking a certain way, it seems easier than trying to figure out how to use a new method. Plus, I don’t like messy cleanups at all. Oh, boy, I’m beginning to sound like my grandmother and her sister. They lived together (they were both elderly and widowed) and went out to lunch nearly every single day. They’d eat half their lunch and save the rest for dinner, that way they kept the stove and oven clean. Money doesn’t buy as much these day and I couldn’t afford to go out to lunch everyday. Aside from the expense, I’d end up eating way too much!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I could really use a trip to Hawaii now. Instead I'll come to the Cafe. It's been so cold around here lately with a cold wind blowing. Now another storm is coming in on Friday. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bacon cheeseburger with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hi, Zzyyggy. The guys at the cybercafe will make sure it’s warm and cozy for us. We can sit back and relax in our recliners by the fire with our fuzzy bunny slippers on. After a busy day I’m ready to chill for awhile and then get a good night’s sleep.

Viktor, I’d like a chocolate croissant and a cup of hot chocolate, please. I might just fall asleep right here.