So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm tired tonight from the swimming. I'm going to have the lasagna with garlic bread and a coca cola. Although your order did sound really good. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I think I'll bask in the tropical sunshine on the terrace. Happy ground hog day. That dang rodent saw his shadow again.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Hmm, for dessert tonight I’m going to have some garlic bread. Viktor is bringing a pitcher of iced tea out to the terrace for me. It’s still nice and warm out here at the cybercafe so I’m spending the evening here. Zzyyggy are you ready for the big cold? Stay warm!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Brrrrrr, I'm going to thaw out by the fire in the library tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of seafood chowder with lots of bread and butter for dipping. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some warm chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Yes I still like my coffee iced.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have what she’s having, please, with a cafe mocha. I like mine hot. How else am I going to keep my hands warm? I’m joining you by the fire, Zzyyggy. I might just fall asleep if it’s warm enough. I couldn’t fall asleep last night and I’ve been fine all day until now. It’s a little early for bed yet, but I’m ready!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some warm chocolate chip cookies again and an iced mocha. I had hot coffee this morning no iced coffee for me today. For dinner tonight in the real world I made vegetable beef soup. That was good. Now I'm off to bed.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Fortunately, the cybercafe has fuzzy bunny slippers and cozy warm fleece blankets for anyone who needs to bundle up by a nice warm fire. Plus, the recliners have heated seats and backs. Boy, I bet that would be wonderful to have for a cold winter. I was thinking a warm bowl of rice pudding and a cup of hot chocolate would be a lovely dessert tonight. Maybe whipped cream and chocolate fudge sauce on the pudding, too. And a sprinkle of mini M&M’s or two. Sprinkles.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, yestarday my thermastat never made it above 71 degrees. The heat was on chugging away, but the drafts were just too much. I stayed in bed all day except for eating and writing in my journals. I can't do those things in bed. Today it's been wonderful. The heat is at 74, no drafts, and the outside temp has been 30 degrees. Got quite a bit done. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs, with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I'll hang out on the terrace in the nice warm tropical sun, and may even go swimming in the pool for a bit.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, it looks like winter is done in Charlotte and spring has begun. I want the season to be another month and a half longer. I didn’t even get to wear my coat, mostly because the one day I needed it I didn’t feel like digging through my closet to find it. Hey, I would have been late. Talking about late—too late for dinner, but a cup of tea would be nice with some windmill cookies. Actually, I’m heading straight to bed after this, I’m tired tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, the sun was out today, but it was cold not as cold as before, but with a cold north wind it was cold. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a cheeseburger with fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll sit out by the outdoor pool, and enjoy the warm tropical sunshine at the cyber cafe. 21 more days until the big move.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s 46 degrees out right now at my house, which is cold enough for me. Thank goodness it’s nice and warm on the patio Zzyyggy. I ordered an iced tea for myself and a selection of cookies from the cybercafe’s bakery counter. There were some chocolate coconut pinwheel cookies and coconut macaroons, as well as some other yummy cookies.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Lovely day out here by the pool at the cybercafe. Viktor saved me a table on the patio, just far enough away from the pool to avoid splashes. I ordered the old fashioned chili pita burger. That’s a burger with chili, mustard, coleslaw, onions, and cheese. 😋 It’s what I’d like to order at Showmars, except I always get the grilled chicken, no pita.

Zzyyggy, it’s already 61 degrees here. We started at 32 degrees this morning, but it’s warmed up nicely.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I could really go for 61 degrees. It was 8 degrees out there again today with a cold north wind. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the BLT grinder with no tomatoes though but lots of bacon, potato chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a huge chocolate chip cookie and an iced mocha. For dinner in the real world I'm trying something new. It's a boxed macaroni and cheese like Kraft only from a local company Cabot. I like their cheese and butter so I thought I would give this a try. I'm having it with chicken and broccoli.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, it went up to 67 degrees today, 70 tomorrow. The clouds are starting to come in and by Thursday the rain will start and we’ll cool back down into the 50’s and 60’s. We’re going to have our trees trimmed. I’d like to wait until spring, but the landscaping company isn’t real busy now. Our maples already have buds on them. The grass won’t grow under the trees, so I’m hoping trimming them will give the grass more sun.

Mmm, one of my favorite ways to eat macaroni and cheese is with broccoli and chicken. I love Cabot cheddar cheese. I hope theirs is better than Kraft, which truly is not something I enjoy, although Sweetie makes it taste okay and our grandson loves it. I think if he’s going to be a picky eater, he should at least eat something that tastes good.

I’m heading into the Club Room to snuggle up in my recliner with my book, a glass of Pinot Noir, and some dark chocolate covered caramels. I’m not sure if M&M’s are too sweet to eat with wine. I’m going to give it a try, though.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we had 40 degrees and sunshine today. Then the clouds came back this afternoon. I'll take the 40 degrees. The mac n cheese was okay, but I'll stick to Kraft. It's still my favorite. For dinner tonight I'll have some chicken McNuggets, and onion rings with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I'm tired tonight. For me it'll be dinner and then bed.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have the Mediterranean rice, with grilled vegetables, and London broil, please. Thanks for the bread basket. Mm, mini corn muffins and cheese biscuits. This afternoon I decided it would be nice to have a raspberry cheese danish for dessert tonight with my coffee. I think I’ll make that a cafe mocha, extra whipped cream.

Zzyyggy, I think the best chicken nuggets are chick-fil-a’s. For years the only meat our grandson would eat was chicken nuggets. Then he branched out to chicken strips. Needless to say I’ve tried lots of chicken nuggets. While I’ve tasted them, it’s not something I order. I don’t eat fried food often—it’s just not something I crave. He will eat ham now and an occasional meatball or hotdog. While he eats rolls and bread, he doesn’t eat sandwiches. It makes me crazy. Our son ate anything so I had no experience with a child who is extremely picky. I know he has texture issues. He tried chili last week and he told his mom that it wasn’t bad as long as he didn’t look at it. When I think about it, he really doesn’t like his food touching. When he was little he would eat all of one thing then go onto the next. He still does some of that now.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    It’s National Pizza Day! The guys have the brick oven firing upon the terrace and they’re going to get the grills ready, too. Roasted grilled bell peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes for your pizza? 😋 For anyone not into pizza there’s always grilled beef, chicken, and fish. Add a bbq sauce or some herbed butter and some sides for dinner instead of pizza. I can’t wait for a pizza with grilled veggie and goat cheese.

We’re going to have lovely weather at the cybercafe this evening and we’ll be able to dine out on the terraces or the patio.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I was going to order a prime rib, but I'll go for pizza. I'll have mine with chicken wings and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie and an iced mocha. When I was in my twenties I was a nanny to two little girls. The oldest at 5 was already a picky eater. If it wasn't done the right way she had a melt down. I earned my patience stripes with that one. This was back in the mid eighties now so she must be a grandmother by now and dealing with her own picky eaters. Me I'll eat anything that won't attack me later on so I can't eat fries, chips, or any kind of potato skins. That doesn't mean I can't eat them at the cyber cafe. I love the balmy weather out here at the cafe. It's snowing in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m going to order raspberry cheese danish and a pot of coffee for dinner. Sweetie says that’s okay with him. I think he knows we’re ordering at the cybercafe, although I have no idea what to make for dinner. 🤔

Our grandson was a picky eater even as a baby. He didn’t have meltdowns. He’d just say he wasn’t hungry and he wouldn’t eat anything. I guess I’ve become a picky eater now due to reflux and my immune system’s hypersensitivity to certain proteins. Both these health issues run in my family. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one. When this first started they all thought I was crazy, then they started having problems, too. 🙄

Fortunately, I can order anything I want at the cybercafe. What should I have for dessert if I have danish for dinner?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm tired tonight. Did some more cleaning and went for a long walk this afternoon. I'm not sure it was a walk or swim though I sloshed through so many puddles. Fortunately I had my boots on. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the prime rib with baked potato and a salad. Lots of butter for that baked potato, and a coca cola. For dessert I think I'll have a slice of blueberry pie. Igor is at it again with the Valentine's day decorations. Everything is red. Francois said he saw the desserts Betty had today and is planning on making a dessert buffet for the 14th. I think I'll go for a swim before dinner, and have dinner by the pool tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I can’t wait to get my heart shaped Valentines Day candy box from the cybercafe, Zzyyggy. The decorations look beautiful. I love the pink and red fairy lights, the flowers, and the little heart baskets filled with heart shaped goodies on every table. I collected some of the baskets with the chocolate cookies and foil wrapped chocolates. Viktor says the baskets are supposed to be for the people sitting at each table. Huh. Want a cookie, Zzyyggy?