So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, Love a cookie. I'm going to eat dinner on the terrace tonight. We had sunshine today but there was a cold north wind . Picked up some girl scout cookies at the top of the circle. They have a booth there every February and March. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn on the cob with lots of butter. Dinner rolls and a coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have some apple crisp and vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. The next few days are going to be heavenly around here with the mild temps.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Oh, gee, Zzyyggy, our neighborhood Girl Scout moved. We have so many new people I have no idea if we have any other Girl Scouts around here. Of course, our daughter-in-law always manages to find someone selling them somewhere and she buys Sweetie’s favorite thin mints.

That apple crisp with vanilla ice cream sounds delicious. That will make a nice bedtime snack. I’ll have Viktor bring me just a little bit.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Francois said he'll have a supply of girl scout cookies around the cyber cafe. For dinner tonight I'm going to have some spare ribs and a baked potato. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce, and an iced mocha. Did I say I was in need of some chocolate therapy, and maybe a couple of girl scout cookies.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Chocolate therapy sounds good to me! Mm, chocolate ice cream with hot fudge sauce and whipped cream for me. Can’t forget a generous sprinkling of min M&M’s and some Samoas Girl Scouts cookies. 😋
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor knows me so well he had my table ready for me. I’m out on oceanfront porch with a pot of my favorite coffee and a plate of a lovely selection of Girl Scout cookies. Isn’t that the sweetest thing? Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and I saw what I want in the Harris Teeter flyer: a heart shaped box filled with M&M’s! It’s so exciting! I’m going for a nice long walk down the beach to prepare for all the goodies I’m going to eat tomorrow. I’ll be back in a couple of hours to laze by the pool and nap.

Wow, I wish I could really do all that—not the cookies and candies part—it would be wonderful to walk the beach and watch the waves come in and then sit by the pool, maybe even take a quick swim. Ah.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I know what you mean about the walk. We do have beaches here, Lake Champlain, but they are a little difficult to get to, and in the summer very crowded when they are open. I did get in a walk this morning. Down Main street in Winooski. I took the bus up to my bank which is just below the border between Winooski, and Colchester. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big bowl of french onion soup with lots of bread and butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some Girl Scout Thin Mints, and an iced mocha. I had the real thing this morning at Starbucks. Took the bus there. It was fun. I'll join you on the porch and we can watch the sunset.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Soup sounds good. I told Viktor I’d have the same thing Zzyyggy’s having. Although Betty’s snickers dump cake looked really good and that might just outshine those cookies for dessert tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight and pooped.. Went swimming earlier. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with french fries and a root beer. For dessert I'll have that Betty's Snicker's Dump Cake I forgot all about that last night, and an iced market. It is better then the cookies. I think I'll enjoy an evening outside in the tropical sunshine over looking the Pacific Ocean tonight with the wave lazily lapping the shore.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Dessert! Yup, that snickers cake looks real good. I’m going to join you, Zzyyggy, for dessert and an iced mocha. Beautiful sunset tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm going for a swim in the cyber pool first before dinner, but I'll put my order for dinner in now. I'm going to have the porter house steak dinner with baked potato, salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Went grocery shopping today for the last time for this apartment. I bought enough to last me the next two weeks with what I already have. I plan to eat my way through the pantry. I'll have to pick up half and half, and butter, but I can do that at the mom and pop store up the street from me. 12 more days to go. I've been keeping an eye on the weather for that week and it looks mild, but you never can tell this far away.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    We already had chicken and vegetables over rice for dinner, but I’m here for dessert. Francois made some Spanish Cake Cookies. He saw the recipe on YouTube at Spain on a Fork. I bet that would be yummy with iced tea sweetened and chilled with mini scoops of lemon sorbet instead of ice cubes.

Twelve more days! Exciting. I never minded unpacking because I told myself it felt like Christmas. I will make a special request to the Weather Goddess for good weather but I have to warn you, she never listens to me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'll take it slow unpacking when I get there. I'll just unpack the essentials at first. We're moving some stuff over the Friday I sign the lease, and see it, and maybe during the weekend. I so can't wait. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings, and a root beer. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim before dinner, and then enjoy the terrace with the jungle view. So many different views around here.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d like a root beer and some vanilla cookies, please. Looks like we’re sitting in the jungle tonight.

Hey Zzyyggy, good thing you’re almost all ready to move, except for the essentials you need now. I checked out your forecast and it looks like next week winter is heading your way again. I think we’re done with winter except for occasional cold mornings. I miss colder weather, but spring can last through May. Although, we did have that one Easter that was a hot and humid 89 degrees.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we went back to Winter today. I could go for 89 degrees right now. It's 18 degrees with a cold north wind blowing and still snowing out there. It's been mostly ice and snow all day. I haven't been out either. I think I'll go for a swim before dinner. For dinner I'm going to have the fried haddock dinner with french fries, and a coca cola. Peas and lots of butter with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of chocolate cake, and ice cream with an iced mocha. Aaah life at the cyber cafe.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I need cookies. In fact, ice cream cookie sandwiches with the sides rolled in mini M&M’s, please. I’d prefer chocolate chocolate chip cookies and chocolate ice cream. I’m having a chocolate attack. THERE IS NO CHOCOLATE IN MY HOUSE!

We had a strange weather day with rain then wind then sun and a warm 71 degree afternoon and now it’s getting cold and by morning it will be 30 degrees. I like it. No snow here, Zzyyggy. By next Thursday it’s going to be 82 degrees. I want winter back.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'll gladly trade you my winter for the 82 degrees. It was a nice day out there but that wind was cold. For dinner tonight I'm going for the barbecued porter house steak with baked potato, salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some ice cream sandwhich cookies, and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim before dinner tonight and enjoy a nice lazy dinner out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey Zzyyggy. We had roast chicken breast, baked sweet potato, fresh broccoli, and homemade cranberry chutney for dinner. Sweetie roasted the chicken with oil packed sun dried tomatoes. The sweet potatoes were cut in half and they caramelized. They were delicious. I figured I’d come hang out on the terrace with you, watch the sun go down, and have dessert. Ice cream sandwich cookies will be perfect. If I make them with small cookies I can have different ice cream flavors—chocolate chip mint, rocky road, Heath Bar crunch, butter pecan, chocolate. Pistachio or cherry ice cream would be really yummy with almond cookies.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, Got quite a bit done today. Here for dinner. I'm going to have the roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans with a coca cola. A basketfull of dinner rolls, and butter. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. I think I'll hang out on the terrace for awhile. I can't wait for Summer.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, you’re in the final countdown till moving day! That went fast, didn’t it? Dinner on the terrace was lovely tonight, but it’s midnight and I can’t sleep. Viktor promised to make me some tea with milk to help me sleep. The cybercafe has the best waiter ever. I might try going back to bed. Maybe I can fall asleep and sleep until sunrise.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, 7 more days to go. Did some packing this morning. This week can't go by fast enough. The Winter storm coming in Wednesday night does not help any with my anxiety. My lease signing is Friday, and I'm hoping Mother Nature gets all the snow out of her system by then. I'm starving again tonight. I'm going to have pizza and chicken wings with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some ice cream sandwiches and an iced cafe mocha. I think I'll go swimming before dinner again. Hope you slept well Linda. Most times just a glass of milk helps me, and it doesn't even have to be warm.