So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Nice night to sit by the pool and enjoy an iced mocha. It’s suppose to rain for the next two days with a cold front dropping temperatures down into the 40’s and 50’s. Sounds like a good excuse to sleep late. Then Francois can make the Cybercafe’s world famous cinnamon buns for breakfast. Or biscuits. Or pancakes. And cheese grits with fresh tomatoes. And eggs over easy. And coffee.
  • rebecca_livinghealthy
    Options
    Thanks for bottling some of that refreshing water in such an adorable reusable container. Heading out for a walk, noticed an interesting path which has piqued my interest.

Glad y'all had a lovely evening ... yes, I made my way back here; being here will be a beneficial aspect of my moving forward. I had a li'l basket packed for me with some of the soup of the day, berries, yogurt and a scone. Looking forward to a beautiful day, maybe a few raindrops here & there to dance through.

Have an enjoyable day Linda & Zzyyggy! Hugs, Rebecca
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Yikes, it’s cold out there! I just stuck my head out my back door, checking on the the wind and rain. It’s 46 degrees out there—a 40 degrees difference between yesterday and today. I’m staying at the cybercafe for awhile. Igor promised to get a fire going in the Club Room for me. Of course, my house is still warm at the moment, but tonight it will be cold. Fortunately for Rebecca, the cybercafe has much nicer weather. Welcome back, by the way. Once you pass the cyber farm and the orchards there are paths in the forest up into the hills. There’s some nice hiking up there. I like hiking down the beach on the ocean side of the cybercafe, as well.

I spent some time with Francois this afternoon. He’s making my favorite tomato sauce with all those wonderful fresh vegetables from the cybercafe’s garden. Mm, sauce, pasta, and lots of cheese and garlic bread for dinner. Yum 😋, I can’t wait. I haven’t decided on dessert, yet.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I guess I didn't quite make it in yestarday. I must have been really out of it. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the porter house steak, baked potato and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate ice cream, with chocolate sauce, and an iced mocha. I guess it was a good thing I did come in tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy! Missed you yesterday. Glad you’re okay. Thank goodness Igor lit another fire this evening. It was 42 degrees around Charlotte this afternoon and it rained all day. We had almost 2.5 inches of rain. I’m freezing!

Time for dessert. We had sloppy joes for dinner. I’m not sure what type of dessert goes with that, however, I’m sure chocolate goes with everything. A piece of chocolate cappuccino ice cream pie would be delicious. You start with a chocolate cookie crust filled with homemade cappuccino ice cream covered with chocolate fudge topping and whipped cream, generously sprinkled with chocolate covered espresso beans. I’ll just have some M&M’s on the side and coffee.

Wait, I need to tell Viktor I’d like my fuzzy bunny slippers and my blue fleece blanket.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm not sure what happened on Friday. I haven't been feeling well so that's part of the problem. We've had nothing but fine spring weather the last couple of days though, but not warm enough to stay outside. I am starving tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the traditional Ham dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans with lots of butter, parker house rolls with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'm going to have that better then anything cake Betty was showing with chocolate ice cream and chocolate sauce, and an iced mocha. I hate rainy cold days like that. Happy Easter. The boys have our baskets of chocolate all set and theres m&ms in them. Igor has gotten the place really set up for Easter. Love the little white bunnies hopping around.
  • LindaK125
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Happy Easter! I think the bunnies may be over the top, although baby bunnies are the cutest little things. Where we used to live we had lots of gardens and every year mama bunny would have a nest the bushes in our fenced in pool area where I had a big container garden with flowers and vegetables. The baby bunnies were adorable, but they could jump right up into the 20 gallon containers and eat my vegetables! They loved the leaves on the greens beans and those naughty little bunnies took a bite out of every one of my peppers one year. I occasionally ended up unintentionally watering a bunny along with my plants.

Francois had an amazing menu today. There was ham and prime rib and herb roasted chicken and so many different vegetables, and mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, and sweet potato casserole. Oh, the salads were wonderful, too. I can’t wait for leftovers. I think I’ll head out to the kitchen and have some more bean salad and chicken. I can’t decide between cornbread or rolls. A roll with chicken and coleslaw would be good. And I absolutely must have a deviled egg or two. I haven’t been able to eat eggs for almost ten years so it will be a wonderful treat.

Betty’s cake sure does look delicious, however, I’ve got my Easter basket if I want something sweet. Of course, the sweet potato casserole is really sweet, too. I think Igor has decided to leave the decorations up until after Greek Orthodox Easter next Sunday. I could go for Easter twice.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, that was a good meal yestarday. Tonight I'm going to have roasted chicken with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and peas. A coca cola with that please, and plenty of dinner rolls with butter. For dessert I'm going to have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Had the real thing this morning. Went to Scout and Company, and hung out there for awhile this morning sipping on iced mochas, and iced coffees. I tried the bagel place near me. They do have iced mochas, and iced coffee but no wi fi. I may have to borrow a hot spot from the library if I want to hang out there. Imagine a coffee place without wifi. Oh the horror of it. I could bring my kindle and read off line. Yestarday I wrote in my journals in people watched.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’ll have a cup of hot chocolate while I sit by the fire for awhile, please. I’m freezing tonight. Frost warnings overnight again. Zzyyggy, the best place for coffee around here is McDonald’s. I kid you not. The Starbucks are okay, but they only serve their Pike coffee. I’m not impressed. We never order coffee when we go out, it’s just not that good. Maybe the coffee is better in Charlotte, but around here it’s passable verging on unpalatable. Monroe has horrible water. We don’t drink the water. We use bottled water to drink and cook with. Our son says a water filter makes all the difference. Sweetie keeps promising to put in a water filter, but it’s just not one of our priorities at the moment. Our faucet is also a sprayer so we can’t put a filter on that.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, now I don't feel so bad. Our water is fine. I've just never have been a big water fan, but it makes good coffee. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie with an iced mocha. I'm going to sit out on the terrace and enjoy the evening air.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Hey, Zzyyggy, nice night out here on the terrace. It’s warm enough that I ordered an iced tea. I think I’ll sit here for awhile with my book and my bucket of M&M’s and enjoy the evening.
  • rebecca_livinghealthy
    Options
    Nice evening ladies. The iced tea is so refreshing. Thanks for having some decaf w/out sugar available. This is so perfect with the warm breeze, light waves & gorgeous sunset. Just had a foot & hand massage; now time to fully relax. Lovin' this 🤫💤💤🦄
  • Zzyyggy
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hi ladies, welcome back Rebecca_livinghealthy. The best part about ice tea from the cyber cafe is that there is no caffein in it, and even with sugar there are no calories in it. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the bucket of fried chicken from KFC original with mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits, lots of butter, and a coca cola. I'll share my bucket with who ever comes in. For dessert I'm going to have a slice of blue berry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I think another night out on the terrace is in order.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    I’m planning on spending as much of the evening as possible lounging in my recliner out here on the terrace. The oceanside terrace lulls me to sleep and there’s a perfect view of the stars tonight. I do love the side of the terrace overlooking the valley, the farm and the mountains beyond. It’s a difficult decision sometimes. I got my hair done today and Miss Nora had the air on Arctic Blast. It felt so good to get into my car afterwards—it was nice and toasty and probably over 90 degrees from sitting in the sun. I’m still feeling a little chilled. I ordered a nice hot cup of cafe mocha. We stopped and had burritos for dinner and I’m stuffed. Francois says he’s making my favorite mini scones (apricot, ginger, or cherry chocolate chip) for breakfast tomorrow and I sure don’t want to miss that.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we have summer here today. Enjoyed some of it outside earlier. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the porter house steak with baked potato and salad and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. I'm going to enjoy the terrace again tonight. I'm pooped and ready for bed.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    We had a beautiful day today, too. The clouds have moved in this evening and the thunderstorms will be passing through by 2:00 am in the morning and on through Thursday evening. I haven’t decided whether to bring the storm with me to the cybercafe tomorrow so I can watch it through the windows of the indoor swimming pool or to enjoy perfect weather while lounging at the cyberpool.

Ah, time for Sunset Dessert! The sun sets at 7:53 where I live so I have plenty of time. I’m thinking one of your iced mochas sounds good, Zzyyggy, and Viktor promised to bring more for you, too.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, another gorgeous day outside. Spent alot of it reading on the porch. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried seafood platter: A combination of shrimp, scallops, oysters, and cod all fried to perfection with french fries, and lots of tarter sauce. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have a chocolate creamy and an iced mocha. Our local creamy stands are opened now and I may have to get one tomorrow. I think another night on the terrace is in order.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, your seafood looks good, although I think I’ll go with the catfish platter tonight. I ordered a baked potato, coleslaw, and hush puppies for my sides and served with iced tea to drink. I checked the ice cream freezer in the gazebo on the terrace and it’s filled with everyone’s favorites. Maybe later I’ll have a double caramel Magnum Bar. 😋

We were supposed to have thunderstorms today, however for a rainy day it’s awfully sunny out there. I know it rained in the early morning, but it’s been a beautiful day.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. Another gorgeous summer day out there. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with french fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim in the pool first, and then dinner by the pool.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    My Chicken Santorini was delicious. I ordered baklava for dessert and Viktor is making espresso with a twist of lemon for me. If the breeze stays this nice I might take my sailboat out on the cyberpool later.