So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Francois outdid himself this morning at Sunday Brunch and I’m quite sure I had at least one bite of everything. URP! Oh, excuse me, I think I’ll ask Viktor for an alka-seltzer and then a cup of coffee. I’d go for a swim, too Zzyyggy, if I wasn’t afraid I’d sink.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, we'd send you a life line. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge stack of blueberry pancakes with sausages, and lots of maple syrup and butter. A glass of whole milk with that please. Coca cola would be too much sugar. For dessert I'll have a cinnamon bun and an iced mocha. I missed out on my iced mocha this morning because Lowes called last night and said my A C would be delivered today between 8 am and 12 pm. I had to cancel my trip to Starbucks this morning. Oh well next week. Got the A C, now for the couch.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Oh, blueberry pancakes for dinner sounds wonderful Zzyyggy. Pass the syrup and butter this way, please. Viktor will be by with my coffee and anything else we might need. Glad you got your ac, but sorry you missed out on your iced mocha!
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, here early for dinner. I'm going to have lasagna with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert tonight I'm going to have some peanut butter cookies, and an iced mocha. I may go for the mocha on Friday. Lets see how I feel by then.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Iced mocha on Friday for me, too! Well, at least here at the cybercafe. Right now I’m having a cup of tea and some ginger cookies. Time for bed then because Sweetie is having cataract surgery in the morning.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’m here earlier today! Time for dessert already. It’s been a long day. I’ll have a double iced mocha and a piece of german chocolate cake iced with vanilla buttercream, please. I’m heading out to the terrace.

Sweetie had his cataract surgery this morning. I wish they would make patients stay there for the entire day. It feels like I’ve been corralling a two year old all day. First he was a bit loopy from the anesthesia, but he decided we should go out to lunch. And, oh, should he drive? (Um, NO!) Then he’s ready for a nap. Whew. An hour later he’s up and ready to take a walk. It’s 55 degrees and raining this afternoon. He’s decided his vision is blurry and he should call the doctor. I explained that his eye was still dilated so that’s to be expected. Maybe I can have him read his post surgical instructions again?
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, glad the surgery went well, and no he shouldn't drive. Yes to reading the post surgical instructions again. He'll love his eye sight though once it clears up. Both my sisters have had it, and they say the difference is night and day. My brother is going to have his surgery in June and July, and my other brother has already had it. Guess it runs in the family. So far I'm fine, but my doctor is keeping an eye on it. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, green beans, lots of gravy and butter, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have a couple of devil's food cupcakes with chocolate frosting, and an iced mocha. My couch is finally being delivered on Saturday. They called to confirm the time and day. It's a two hour window between 12:00 and 2:30. I can still go do my shopping on Saturday if I go early enough and lounge on the couch when it gets here.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Ah, Viktor, I’m a bit early this morning. I was considering another piece of cake for breakfast, but I’ll have a ham and cheese omelet and a cinnamon chocolate chip bagel and coffee, please. Actually, I’m fasting because I have a wellness exam this morning with all those lovely blood tests. And Sweetie has his follow up visit this afternoon. I have to drive to my appointment this morning, even though Sweetie thinks he should drive, but no, not within 24 hours of surgery. Before yesterday I hadn’t driven for three years. I did just fine yesterday, but that was a six minute drive, today’s drive is at least 35-40 minutes, Maybe more depending on traffic.

While I go through my day out in the real world I’m planning on spending the morning on the terrace here at the cybercafe. (Is that virtual multitasking?) I’ll be munching on some of that fresh fruit that’s sitting on the table next to me, reading my book or napping, and enjoying the sunshine. It’s supposed to rain on and off all day. Just what I need—driving in the rain.

Viktor, I think I’m going to need more coffee.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    What a nice day it’s been at the cybercafe! Just thought I’d come in for an iced mocha, although in the real world I’d probably order a nice hot cafe mocha. It’s raining and chilly out there. Had a great morning. No, really. Apparently, I’ve grown an inch and a half and I’m now 5’4” (it’s the little things like this that make me happy). Oh, gotta go.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, glad you had a good morning, and are growing. Me, I'm about the same height the last time I went to the doctor so that's good. I'm not shrinking. We're getting a lot of rain as well. The sun finally came out this afternoon but there is still a little chill in the air. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a roast beef grinder with everything, and extra mayo. A coca cola and a bag of chips with that please. For dessert I'll have a large chocolate chip carnival cookie, that's one with m&ms, and an iced mocha. I'm starving tonight. I think I'll have dinner out on the terrace again.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Did someone say M&M’s? Zzyyggy! Chocolate chip carnival cookies sound wonderful. It’s the M&M’s! Oh, chips would taste good with M&M’s because then you’d have that salty/sweet thing going on.

I feel so tall today. I’ve never been 5’4” before. I used to be almost that tall, but not quite. I haven’t really noticed any difference. 😄 Every time I go to the doctor I’m never certain how tall I’m going to be. It’s a mystery.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda. Don't you just love a mystery? For dinner tonight I'm going to have some fish sticks with french fries and lots of tarter sauce and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies, and an iced mocha. They had a bake sale where I live today and I got some chocolate chip cookies, cookies with m&ms and some brownies. Thought of you with the cookies with m&ms I think Francois made some earlier. Maybe I'll have a couple of those as well.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Cookies and brownies? Thanks Zzyyggy! I’ll start with an M&M’s cookie first. It’s okay because I already had dinner. Francois and Sweetie made pasta with lots of sirloin and caramelized onions and peppers. Delicious. Viktor will be by shortly with iced mochas and coffee.

We had the most beautiful afternoon today. It rained this morning and then the sun came out and the wind blew away the humidity. It went up to 78 degrees and I was still wearing my sweatshirt because the wind was nice and cool. I think I’d like to spend the evening on the terrace at the cybercafe. The terrace at the cybercafe has the advantage over my deck in the evening because it doesn’t get buggy and humid.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, we're having a yucky afternoon, but we do need the rain. I'm going to have the barbecued spare ribs with mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, and salad. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars, and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy the sunset out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    We still have time before sunset Zzyyggy and it’s a beautiful evening here at the cybercafe. I ordered the chicken fajitas dinner. It should be out soon. Viktor brought out chips, dips, and salsa if you’d like some. Here he is now with my iced tea. Plus, the ice cream freezer out here filled with all our favorites. I think we’re all set here. Maybe I’ll have another one of those cookies from the bake sale, too.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, they certainly do take care of us around here don't they. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn on the cob. Plenty of dinner rolls and butter with all that as well, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars again, and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a swim this evening before dinner.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Ah, great swim. I’d better get dried off here. I ordered the roast chicken dinner. We’d better get moving, Zzyyggy,
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I was checking out Betty’s recipes today and saw Warm Caramel Apple Cake and I thought I’d have that for dessert, with coffee, please. That should help me have sweet dreams tonight.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, mmm that does sound good. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf special with mashed potatoes, gravy, and carrots with dinner rolls and lots of butter. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have that warm Caramel Apple Cake, and an iced mocha. Didn't get mine this morning, forgot to book my ride for this morning. Just as well it was pouring out most of the morning so I would have had a wet walk back. I think I'll have dinner out on the terrace again tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Beautiful out here on the terrace tonight, Zzyyggy. The meatloaf special was yummy and the Caramel Apple Cake is definitely worth having again.