So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Thank goodness the cybercafe doesn’t have mosquitoes, Zzyyggy. I came in for a midnight snack—a cup of tea and a lemon shortbread would be perfect. Then it’s off to bed for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,140 Member
    Hi Linda, I'm starved tonight. I'm going to have the porterhouse steak with baked potato, and a salad. A coca cola with that as well as plenty of butter for the baked potato. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars. It got colder out there today and cloudier, but no rain though. I think I'll go for a dip in the pool before dinner.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor served dinner—I had fajitas—and then I fell asleep in my recliner. Now that I’m awake again I’m going to order dessert. I’ll ask Viktor to bring some iced mochas out for us, Zzyyggy.

Mm, the chocolate mousse is delicious. Francois dotted the bowl around the mousse with raspberry creme. I need more raspberry creme. So good.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I'm tired, and starved tonight again. We went back to Fall today. Brrrr. I'm up for a Sunday dinner of roast pork, mashed potatoes, beans, and lots of dinner rolls. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll go for an apple pie, vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I think I'll take it out on the terrace.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 6,083 Member
    Hello Everyone, I just came across this thread trying to make myself fall asleep. It's 2 AM here and I just ate ChefBoyArDee. The whole can. No, I don't feel guilty. Yes, it is my comfort food. Did you know the chef was a real person? He lived in the town where my Mom grew up and was a friend of my Grandfather. Mom visited his mansion once when she was a child. His name was Hector.

Is anyone here from Spark People that did the 5% challenge on there? That challenge migrated to MFP and is going strong. Of course, we welcome all new members from MFP too. Summer sign-ups have started.
    Here is the link.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi everyone, Welcome to the cybercafe Ceriously1. Linda that mousse looked really good. Tonight for dinner I'm going to have the bucket of fried chicken from you know where, Original Recipe with mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, and biscuits with lots of butter. A coca cola with all that please, and I'll even share my bucket. For dessert I'll have some apple crisp with vanilla ice cream, and an iced Mocha. I had the real thing this morning at Starbucks, and it was worth the wait. Remembered my wallet and the gift card.
  • LindaK125
    Hey, @Ceriusly1, I remember you from Spark. Both Zzyyggy and I are former Sparkers. You’re welcome to order anything you want at the cybercafe—something to eat (yes, even ChefBoyArDee), a room at the Cybercafe Inn, a massage, even a change in the weather!

Zzyyggy, thank you for sharing your bucket. Biscuits with chicken and gravy, yum! I need something chocolate tonight. Sweetie and I went to Miss Nora’s and got our hair done today. We usually go out to dinner and tonight’s dinner was wonderful. We went to the Hilltop Restaurant where they have the 7-layer chocolate cake. No, I didn’t order the cake because I knew Francois would be making his 7-layer chocolate cake and his is better. Francois always has alternating layers of raspberry creme filling and ganache icing and he puts my chocolate ice cream in a separate bowl so the ice cream and cake don’t touch. Hilltop doesn’t even serve their cake with ice cream! (Plus, since Francois’ cake is virtual it’s so much healthier.)

I’m glad you remembered your wallet and gift card for your iced mocha, Zzyyggy. It’s always a good day when you start out with a good coffee. Ah, speaking of coffee, here’s Viktor with my favorite Peet’s Cafe Domingo coffee. Nice evening out here on the terrace. I think I’ll relax in my recliner and read for awhile.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I'm pooped tonight and hungry. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy platter with lots of gravy. Peas and a dinner roll with all that. Also a coca cola with that. For dessert I'll have some chocolate cupcakes and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy it out on the terrace tonight. Our weather has not been conducive to being outside today for any length of time.
  • LindaK125
    It’s nice out here on the terrace, Zzyyggy. I’m in time for Sunset Dessert and those chocolate cupcakes sure look good. Chocolate cupcakes and iced coffee for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I'm going to hang out on the terrace and enjoy the tropical sunshine. No sun today what so ever. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the lasagna with garlic bread, and a salad, and coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Aaaah sunshine.
  • LindaK125
    It’s 9:00 pm and the sun is still shining at the cybercafe! Nice. I came in to order dessert. Francois made some peach custard pies and I ordered a piece of that and iced tea. Viktor should be here in a moment with my order. I think I’ll sit out in the sun for awhile with you, Zzyyggy.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I'm starving again tonight. I'm going to have the barbecued chicken with potato salad, and corn on the cob with lots of butter and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. Another day in the cyber sun, because we're certainly not getting a whole lot in the real world. Aaah the perfect 70 degrees with a nice warm breeze.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’ll have the barbecue chicken with Alabama sauce, 😋. Plus my sides: cornbread, coleslaw, green beans, and potato salad. Let’s not forget a pitcher of iced tea, please. And for dessert some of Francois’ homemade ginger molasses cookies made into sandwich cookies with either lemon cream or orange cream filling. Delicious. I’ve actually made these cookies—delightful summertime treat.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda. Coming in early for the early early bird special. I'm going to have the fish n chips special with lots of tarter sauce, coleslaw, and a coca cola please. I'm pooped tonight and ready for bed in the real world. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and an iced mocha. I think I'll enjoy it out here on the terrace since we're still in early spring here in the real world with the nippy temps. We didn't get a whole lot of the smoke though today. Did you.
  • LindaK125
    Hi Zzyyggy. I’m here late, late, late for a cheese and fruit plate and a glass of Pinot Grigio.

Oh, thank you for remembering my favorite little cheese crackers, Viktor.

We’ve been having lovely days —sunny with temperatures in the high 70’s with a nice soft breeze, however, our air quality was moderate at AQI 75. Right now, this evening, our air quality is good. We have times when the AQI goes up into unhealthy. We don’t actually smell smoke. The smoke stays aloft creating a haze with elevated ozone at ground level. Tomorrow the weather is going to change. We’re supposed to have temperatures up in the mid 80’s and unsettled weather and thunderstorms throughout the next couple of weeks.

I want Canada to get rain, enough rain to put out the fires. Now. Scary stuff, all those fires.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda. I hope Canada gets the rain too. It can have all ours. I'm here for a bacon cheeseburger with fries, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    We’ll be getting thunderstorms this week. Looks like it’s going to get a whole lot more humid. Here comes the bad hair days! I’m here very late or is 1:00 am early? I was asleep and woke up and realized I hadn’t posted. I’ll ask Viktor for a cup of tea and a shortbread cookie or two. It’s good he never sleeps.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Summer is here today. See me jumping for joy. For tonight's dinner I'm going to have some roasted chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy and beans. Dinner rolls with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Hi Zzyyggy. Your dinner order sounds lovely, however, Sweetie and I have decided to order chocolate espresso sundaes. Instead of a traditional Sunday dinner, we’ll have a sundae dinner. And who can resist the brownie pieces covered with chocolate syrup, the three scoops of coffee ice cream, chocolate chunks, hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and chocolate covered espresso beans? I’ll add some mini chocolate M&M’s to mine.

Okay, so that’s not what we actually had for dinner, but I really wanted DESSERT. If we weren’t having thunderstorms and If Ralph’s Ice Cream Shoppe hadn’t closed during the Covid debacle I would definitely be enjoying a chocolate espresso sundae right now. Maybe not. Probably not, but at least Viktor and Francois can serve me all my favorites here at the cybercafe.

I’ll stay right here on the terrace tonight, eat my dessert and read my book or take a nap.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda. tonight I'm going to have pizza. The boys have set up the outdoor pizza ovens and I would love a brick oven pizza with the works, and chicken wings. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. Didn't go get one this morning. Didn't have enough money and had used up my gift certificate. Plus I didn't really want to. I'm going to have dinner by the pool, and go for a swim first.