So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Sundaes! Count me in! Let me just look through my packages of M&M’s so I can decide which flavors I want. You’re welcome to have some, too, Zzyyggy. Hm, we could have brownie sundaes. Too bad they don’t make brownie M&M’s or espresso bean M&M’s.

OMG, as I was thinking about lovely sundaes, Sweetie sat down next to me and started watching Dad TV. Help, I’m stuck in an endless stream of talking heads and technical terminology! I have to go. I need to protect my ears from this assault. Must find headphones before it’s too late.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,140 Member
    Hi Linda, I have a really good pair of blocking headphones. Tonight for dinner I'm going to have the fried seafood platter, shrimp, scallops, and oysters all fried to a crisp with french fries, coleslaw and lots of tarter sauce. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I think I'll have it out on the terrace tonight, and watch the sunset. Then maybe have s'mores later.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’ll have a tuna melt for dinner tonight. Thanks for the pitcher of iced tea.

Hi Zzyyggy. I think I’ll make a s’mores ice cream sundae. Toasted marshmallows meet hot fudge, 😋. Lovely evening at the cybercafe. It’s been humid at home today. Right now we have 80% humidity. It was sunny today, but from Monday through Thursday we had 4.8 inches of rain with 3 inches falling on Thursday. By Sunday it’s supposed to be up in the high 80’s maybe even 90 degrees. I guess summer weather with all the heat and humidity is here. I was enjoying the nice cool weather in the 70’s, even with the rain.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, We're having high humidity today as well. Almost 70%. It's been cloudy and hot all day. I'm going for a swim in the red, white and blue pool first. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a big juicy cheese burger with french fries and cole slaw. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and an iced mocha. I think I'll eat out on the terrace where there is a nice breeze blowing.
  • LindaK125
    Hey, Zzyyggy, I’m glad to be at the cybercafe where the weather is fine. It’s so humid at home that I don’t need to go swimming, I can just go to the mailbox and get just as wet. Definitely a bad hair day for me.

Viktor, I’d like a nice steak, a broccoli and cheddar cheese stuffed baked potato, the house side salad and an iced tea. And a piece of lemon angel food cake with fresh blueberries and lots of whipped cream for dessert, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I could have used a pool here today. Settled for a nice cool bath though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a porter house steak with a baked potato and salad. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough Klondike Bars and an iced mocha. Francois came up with the recipe and has stocked the freezer full of them. I'll enjoy dinner out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Hi Zzyyggy. Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream has never been my thing, but I love chocolate chip mint ice cream. I think when Viktor comes by with our iced coffees I’ll order a chocolate chip mint ice cream topped with hot fudge, whipped cream, and maraschino cherries. I could add a handful of M&M’s, too.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, that sounds good as well. I'm going to have a roast beef grinder tonight with the works, chips, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some Klondike bars again, and an iced mocha. I think I'll have the double chocolate Klondike bars. I'll go for a swim first and then dinner out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’ll have what Zzyyggy is having for dinner, but I think I’ll have an iced coffee and a piece of caramel chocolate chip cookie tart for dessert, please.

It’s nice out here on the terrace Zzyyggy. Certainly much nicer than our hot humid day at home.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I'm here for the early early bird special today. I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes and peas, and a coca cola. Dinner rolls and lots of butter, and gravy with all that. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha. Yes the perfect weather on the terrace is nice, compared to the humidity we're having here today. It's an all day AC event in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    It’s lovely out here on the terrace. Viktor, I’ll have the chicken Santorini platter with the greek salad, please. And an espresso with a twist of lemon and a piece of baklava for Sunset Dessert .

Zzyyggy, good to see you this evening. It’s going to be hot in the South. We’re expecting temperatures in the low to mid 90’s for a week or so. There’s a whole lot of thunderstorms in the forecast so it’s going to be hellishly humid, too. I’m hoping for cooler temperatures at the cybercafe. I wouldn’t mind a week or two of winter weather in the real world, but the Weather Goddess refuses to even consider it.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’d like the nachos and an iced tea, please. And the almond shortcake with macerated stone fruits and berries topped with whipped cream for dessert. It looks delicious. I’d like an Intense Orange Dark Chocolate EXCELLENCE Bar with that, as well. Thanks. Zzyyggy hasn’t made it in yet? Tell her I’m out on the terrace.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Drifting off to sleep when I realized I hadn't been on mfp yet. Well too late for dinner so I guess it'll be a hot fudge sundae out on the terrace with Linda and an iced mocha. That should be enough chocolate therapy.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Came in at the right time tonight. I'm going to have the Sweedish Meatball plate with lots of noodles and sauce. Peas, dinner rolls, and a coca cola with that please. I'll take that out on the terrace where there is plenty of sunshine and clear skies. Maybe tomorrow will get sun in the real world.
  • LindaK125
    Hi Zzyyggy. Beautiful night out here on the terrace. I’d like to stay at the cybercafe for the next couple of weeks. Our weather forecast looks grim with temperatures in the 90’s and daily thunderstorms, plus the bad air quality from the wildfires smoke.

I asked Viktor for a piece of key lime pie and an iced tea and he said he’d bring an iced mocha for you, as well.
  • Zzyyggy
    edited June 2023
    Hi Linda I don't blame you. Hope you have AC where you live. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried seafood platter with french fries, coleslaw, lots of tarter sauce, dinner rolls, butter, and a coca cola with all that. For dessert I'll have some klondike bars and an iced mocha. I just love it out here on the terrace where it's perfect weather all the time.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I definitely have central air conditioning. I can’t imagine living here without it. The terrace is lovely tonight, however, the kitchen at the cybercafe smells heavenly and if it wasn’t so busy that would be the perfect place to sit. Francois is ready to celebrate the 4th of July starting this weekend. While the guys have set up the stage and the sound system for the bands, and all the grills and barbecue equipment have been prepped, and everything has been polished and decorated, Francois has been prepping and cooking and baking. Of course, he has all those kitchen elves to help him.

I ordered the salmon with pesto pasta and green beans and a glass of Pinot Grigio. I’m having an iced mocha and a piece of chocolate raspberry tart for dessert. When I finish my dessert I’m going to sit here on the terrace and enjoy the stars.
  • LindaK125
    It’s the perfect time for brunch. I ordered fresh fruit salad and I couldn’t resist the bite sized mini tarts. There’s fruit tarts—I like the lemon curd and the raspberry cheese tarts, but the savory mini tarts are delicious. The caramelized onion tart is so good and the pesto tart was divine. I love that they’re bite sized. Mm, brown sugar pecan. Sweetie likes the walnut cream tarts or cranberry tarts.

The weather is fine out here on the terrace and Viktor brought me a carafe of my favorite Peet’s Cafe Domingo with cream and sugar. I’m in heaven.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda. I am in the mood for brick oven pizzas, and the boys have fired up the ovens. I'm going to order one with the works, barbecued chicken wings, and french fries. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have a chocolate chip cookie pizza, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Oh, brick oven pizza! I haven’t had pizza in a long time. Mm, veggie pizza with cheese and more cheese for me, please. Living in the South you learn to appreciate a full glass of ice to pour your soft drinks over and it’s real hot today so I’m ordering my iced tea with lots of ice. Francois made my sour cherry pie recipe. Homemade fruit pies made with fresh fruit are delicious. Viktor, I’ll have my cherry pie with Very Cherry ice cream topped with fudge sauce, whipped cream, and some maraschino cherries 🍒. I know cherries aren’t your favorite, Zzyyggy. Don’t worry, there are plenty of other flavors to choose from.