So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Viktor is bringing a cheese and freggies plate along with my favorite little cheese crackers and a nice glass of wine. I had a late lunch. Francois made his famous barbecue and I had to have some with all the sides. I thought I’d have a small dinner. Maybe I’ll have a nice cafe mocha for dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,140 Member
    Hi Linda, coming in late tonight. Too late for dinner, but just in time for a hot fudge sundae. I'll have that out on the terrace with an iced mocha. Just nodding off to sleep when I realized I hadn't been on mfp yet. That seems to be the Sunday thing lately. Hopefully be back at my regular time tomorrow. Igor is getting the place set up for the 4th. Fire works on Tuesday night.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, I’m determined to go to bed earlier and get more sleep, so last night I was in bed by 10:00 pm—early for me. Except Sweetie kept coming in and talking to me! He finally fell asleep around midnight only to wake me up at 2:00 am. By 3:00 am he was making breakfast. Then he goes back to sleep, but I’m awake because every time I lie down I get muscle spasms in my back. I finally went back to bed and slept until 1:30 pm. Not at all what I had planned and it’s completely messed up my day. I’ll have to try to get to bed early again tonight. Maybe it would be easier if I can get Sweetie on the same schedule. Persistence pays off, right?

I think I’ll continue floating around the cyberpool for awhile or at least until dinner time. The guys are setting up a happy hour bar on the patio for this evening . I can have one of those fruit drinks. I like the cranberry ginger ale punch., although the raspberry lemonade is good, too. According to Viktor there’ll be lots of appetizers. I can’t wait. I can have appetizers for dinner . I wonder what they’re serving for dessert.

• Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, oh goodie an appetizer bar for dinner. Lets see I see chicken wings, the mini meatballs, onion rings, vieanna sausage, all kinds of good stuff. I'll grab a plate and join you at the pool. A coca cola please with all that. For dessert I'm going to have a bowl of apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha after I make several passes through the appetizer bar. Then we'll have a huge bonfire and s'mores. Shall we have fireworks tonight or tomorrow night oh lets do it both nights.
  • LindaK125
    The fireworks 💥 are fantastic, Zzyyggy! It was so nice of Viktor to set up the s’mores ice cream sundaes. He even brought me extra hot fudge sauce and extra whipped cream. I can add some mini M&M’s to mine. I see Viktor brought some extras for you, too, Zzyyggy.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, and more fireworks for tonight. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the barbecued chicken with potato salad, salad, rolls, and a coca cola. For dessert Francois has made the red white and blue cake, and I'll have that with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. First I'll go for a swim in the red, white and blue pool, and then have dinner on the terrace tonight. Fireworks and s'mores when it gets darker out.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I don’t think I left room for s’mores. The barbecued chicken was delicious and I had more than a bite or two of all the sides. I left just enough room for the cake and ice cream. I can’t believe it already July 4th. Our grandson starts school in three weeks, the year is half over, and soon enough it will be Fall and the holidays will be here.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I think you're getting ahead of yourself here. Lets enjoy the Summer while it's here. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the meatloaf dinner with mashed potatos, gravy, beans, dinner rolls, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple pie with vanilla ice cream, and an iced mocha. There are still two months of this really hot and humid weather to enjoy by an outdoor pool, lake or ocean side. Me, I think I'll have Igor create a pond for us to listen to the bull frogs by. They don't generally like chlorinated pools for some reason. Maybe we can even do some fishing.
  • LindaK125
    Let’s just say I like our Southern winter weather better than our summer weather, Zzyyggy. Where we lived before we had friends with a pond. Those frogs can get really LOUD. We really miss those friends. They had an orchard with all kinds of fruit and nut trees and in the summer we would bake fruit pies and other goodies. In the evenings we’d sit out in the gazebo and have dessert and talk.

When I used to embroider I would start making Christmas presents in July and doing my Christmas shopping then, as well.

Viktor, I’d like the roast beef and a cheese and broccoli stuffed baked potato. I think Zzyyggy and I are going to need another bread basket and butter, too. Thanks for the iced coffee, it’s wonderful. I’ll have blueberry pie with chocolate chip ice cream with some chocolate fudge sauce on the ice cream for dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, It's hot around here in the real world. I'm going for a swim before dinner. For dinner I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings, and a root beer. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I'll have dinner out here by the pool.
  • LindaK125
    Hi, Zzyyggy. Yup, it’s hot and humid. Sweetie says he wants a chocolate espresso sundae and I’m going to order one, too. Maybe I’ll have my dessert while floating on my pol lounger.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, it cooled down around here this afternoon. I'm still going for a swim in the pool before dinner though. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried seafood dinner with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. How about a bonfire with s'mores and some more iced mochas. That sounds like a good way to spend a Friday evening
  • LindaK125
    Tonight was a good night for cheese toast. Thank goodness Francois didn’t mind. There are times, even at the cybercafe, when only cheese toast will do. Now that the bonfire has burned down I’m heading to the cybercafe’s library. I might just fall asleep in my recliner in the stacks somewhere or find a book and read all night.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I could really use a swim tonight. It's hot out there. After my swim I'm going to have some swiss steak, mashed potatoes, peas, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some apple pie, with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. I'll have dinner in the dining room and watch the acquarium.
  • LindaK125
    Hey, Zzyyggy. It was 94 degrees in Charlotte yesterday and by noon today it was already over 90 degrees and then it rained. We got .39 of an inch, but north of us in Charlotte, they had more severe weather with heavy rain and flash flood warnings. The temperature dropped to 73 degrees and didn’t go back over 80 degrees for us, but the humidity is oppressive.

It’s nice and cool in the dining room, Zzyyggy. It was a good day for a big salad—fresh garden vegetables and roasted chicken dressed with balsamic vinaigrette. Francois made peach custard pie, a favorite of mine. I ordered a piece of pie and iced tea for dessert.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I'm starving tonight. I'm going to have the roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, string beans, and a coca cola. I'll go for a swim again first. For dessert I'll have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream, and an iced mocha. I think I'll have dinner again in the dining room. I just love the new Acquarium.
  • LindaK125
    Hi Zzyyggy. Dinner was delicious. I’m ready for dessert now. The devil’s food cake with chocolate ice cream will be great. Viktor, iced mochas all around, please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, coming in from the rainy wet weather here in Vermont. I'm going for a swim before dinner again. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the brick oven pizzas with chicken wings, and a salad. Viktor has the brick ovens fired up. It's a good thing we don't have Vermont Weather at the Cafe. I'll have a coca cola with that please. We've also got munchies bar set up. Chips, crackers and cheese, nuts, chocolate. Then a bonfire later tonight with S'mores. I really would hate to be a camper big or little in Vermont the next couple of days. Especially hiking or in a tent.
  • LindaK125
    Yikes, I can’t imagine camping in those storms! I hope the flooding in Vermont and New York doesn’t take out homes, roads, and bridges. I remember that happening before.

Gee, Zzyyggy, we really are spoiled at the cybercafe cafe. It’s been a perfect day with lots of good food, fun in the pool, and s’mores. I’m debating between another piece of pizza or a s’mores ice cream sandwich.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Coming in for the early bird special tonight. Montpelier and Barre area lost alot of homes because of the flooding, as did a lot of central Vermont. Burlington didn't get hit so hard except for the Intervale Farm which runs along the Winooski River. They lost a lot of crops and had a lot of volunteers out picking whatever they could save. Now with all the rivers running high the lake is going to run high as well. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn on the cob, a coca cola and dinner rolls with that please. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie and vanilla ice cream.