So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Replies

• LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Hi, Zzyyggy. I came in for dessert. Sweetie just suggested that he and I share a Klondike Bar. No. He’s welcome to a Klondike Bar, but I’m not sharing my dessert. I haven’t had any sugar for two months and I’m not sharing my dessert, not even at the cybercafe. I need to lie here on my recliner and practice my meditation breathing for a few minutes.

Okay, I’m calm now. I’m ordering the apple pie and vanilla ice cream, too, although I’m going to ask Viktor to top mine with caramel sauce. I don’t want you to feel sorry for Sweetie either. He may have those big puppy dog eyes, but he just scarfed down three Klondike Bars from the ice cream refrigerator in the gazebo’s kitchen.

All kidding aside, Zzyyggy, I’ve been watching the news on the flooding in Vermont. It’s devastating.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 1,140 Member
    Hi Linda, no I wouldn't share my dessert either, maybe in the real world when the restaurant portions are so big, but not in the cyber cafe. The flooding is pretty bad in some areas. Two of our local farms have lost most of their crops, both are right on the river's edge in different locations. There is also alot of damage up in the Barre Montpelier area. Both are drying out today. We're still seeing road closures. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the rotisserie half chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and dinner rolls with lots of butter, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some blue berry pie with vanilla ice cream and an iced mocha. There is plenty of both so I don't have to share, and neither does anyone else. o:)
  • LindaK125
    Mm, rotisserie chicken, sesame ginger green beans, and sweet potato fries, please, Viktor. For dessert I’m going to order the sweetest, stickiest dessert—chocolate pecan pie, topped with whipped cream. Viktor, I’ll need extra whipped cream for my mocha cafe. Maybe a good drizzle of chocolate over the pie would be good.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, coming in a little early tonight for the early bird special. I'm going to have the meatloaf platter with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and dinner rolls with lots of butter. A coca cola with all that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. I think I'll have it on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Hey, Zzyyggy. Sure was hot today, at least it’s nice out here on the terrace tonight. I decided to order a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich with coffee ice cream for dessert. Viktor promised to roll the edges in mini M&M’s for me.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, Coming in for the early bird special. I'm going to have the fried scallops, french fries, and a coca cola with cole slaw. For dessert I'll have a brownie, and an iced mocha. I think I'll have dinner out on the terrace tonight.
  • LindaK125
    Hey, Zzyyggy. A brownie sounds good. Here’s Viktor now so I can order a brownie and an iced mocha for myself. I’m going to have my brownie with chocolate chip mint ice cream and warm, not hot, fudge sauce topped with whipped cream and mini M&M’s and some maraschino cherries. I have extra M&M’s in case I need more.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, here for another early bird special. I'm going to have the porter house steak cooked on the grill with a baked potato, salad, and dinner rolls. A coca cola with all that. For dessert I'm going to have a slice of devil's food cake with chocolate ice cream in chocolate sauce, and an iced mocha. Did I say I was in need of chocolate therapy. That should do it. I think I'll go for a swim before dinner, and then have dinner on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    Viktor, I’ll have what Zzyyggy’s having, please. I’m going swimming before dinner, too. Luckily, I made it here early for once.

If you need more chocolate, Zzyyggy, you can have M&M’s. I’ve got more than enough to share.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, oooh chocolate, I'm going to have the roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, and dinner rolls, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies and an iced mocha. I'm going to eat on the terrace and watched the sunrise.
  • LindaK125
    Here Zzyyggy, I ordered a plate of chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I’ll gladly share. After I finish my tea and cookies I’m heading to bed. Perhaps we could have a nice cold day with temperatures below freezing in the morning and a light snow in the afternoon tomorrow.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, that sounds like a great idea. A snow storm tonight in the cyber cafe with 32 degree temps. A quick swim in the indoor pool as the snow comes down outside, and dinner. I'll have a bowl of beef stew with lots of bread and butter for dipping. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I love watching it snow. Especially while eating cookies, and an iced mocha.
  • LindaK125
    Oh, it’s been a wonderful day at the cybercafe. The beef stew for dinner was delicious. I’m going to sit out on the back porch while I drink a cup of hot chocolate and watch the snow, then come inside by the fire to warm up. And for dessert a bowl of hot caramel apple crisp with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream would be perfect.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, while we still have snow I'm going cross country skiing on the well groomed trails of the cyber cafe, and then skate around on the outdoor pool while it's still frozen over. The sun is out shining on our winter wonderland. For dinner tonight lets do hotdogs cooked on the grill with baked beans, and corn on the cob. A coca cola and lots of butter with that corn on the cob. For dessert I'm going to have some apple crisp and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha. I'll enjoy that in the dining room watching the acquarium.
  • LindaK125
    What a great day for cross country skiing! I’m starving and I’m ready to eat a nice bowl of minestrone served with warm crusty bread. The baked beans and corn sound good, Zzyyggy, and I’ll definitely have some. Hotdogs, on the other hand, have never been a favorite of mine, even when I was young. When our son was old enough to learn how to cook on the grill he decided to make hotdogs. Everyday 😟. I thought I should try one, after all, tastes change. Later that night I was so sick I decided it was all right if I died. That was 35 years ago. I’m not ready to try hotdogs again, not even at the cybercafe. More than you wanted to know, eh? I have a nephew and two nieces who have the same problem with hotdogs and other foods, as well. Apparently, it’s a food intolerance of some sort. Very annoying, that.

Warm caramel apple crisp with vanilla ice cream with my coffee for dessert sounds wonderful. After we finish dinner and enjoy the aquarium, I’m heading into the Club Room to read by the fire. It’s getting windy and it’s starting to snow. It’s going to be cold tonight at the cybercafe and an evening in front of the fire would be lovely.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, yeah I'm the same way now with potato chips and any fried potatoes. I get really sick after eating them. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the spaghetti and meatball platter with garlic bread and a salad with a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. Are we finished with Winter yet? How about another blizzard to watch as we stay safely warm inside by the fire?
  • LindaK125
    Look at that blizzard out there! I think it’s almost a complete whiteout. The fire sure is wonderful. It’s a good night for a nice hot cup of cocoa. That will go well with a plate of cookies. I ordered an assortment of cookies. The chocolate wafers are delicious. Mm, ginger molasses cookies.

Zzyyggy, as far as I’m concerned, we can have winter weather all summer long. With the high temperatures and the high humidity I need a place to cool off and relax.
  • LindaK125
    Happy Thursday. Viktor what’s on the menu today? I’m really hungry but I don’t have any imagination this afternoon. Maybe I’ll take a nap and then I can decide. An apricot ginger scone and an iced tea first, before my nap.
  • Zzyyggy
    Hi Linda, I think I'm with you on the Winter at the Cyber Cafe. We're finally having good weather in the real world so a little winter wouldn't be too bad. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried chicken platter with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. Dinner rolls with lots of butter and a coca cola please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookies, and an iced mocha. I just love sitting here watching it snow.
  • LindaK125
    Zzyyggy, hi! I ended up having macaroni and cheese and bowl of bean soup for dinner because that’s what caught my eye when I walked through the cybercafe kitchen. I love watching Francois prepare dinner because I get to taste lots of different things. I’m going to sit and watch the snow with you and eat my dessert. Francois made chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce and topped with whipped cream and fresh raspberries. That will be perfect with an iced mocha.