• jenniferlsk
    jenniferlsk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Goal of 135-153 miles.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    kkay2345 wrote: »
    I am joining this challenge for the first time! I have been mostly walking, but I am going to start Couch to 5K this week. My goal is to get 100 walking/running miles in for the month of September!

exercise.png

Welcome!!!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Welcome @kkay2345 and @jenniferlsk
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @shanaber and @skippygirlsmom were all vets here when I first started. @kgirlhart and @katharmonic have been here as long as I have as well, maybe longer (definitelylonger considering I took over 3 years off). I don't think I joined my first running challenge until probably August 2014 ish.

Now if I could just get back to double digit mileage! 🤪
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I've been here off and on since the beginning or close to it. It's been so long I can't even remember 🤣 Pre celiac diagnosis which was early 2015.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thanks @WhatMeRunning for setting this up for us for September. I am in for 50 this month. Would love to do more but I am going to try to keep my runs shorter this month, 5-6 miles or so.

@7lenny7 and @swenson19d - I have been in since sometime in early 2014...
    Who was the lawyer who had all the running shoes? He has come back a few times reinvented with a new name each time... I think his old one was LoneWolf or something. @ddmom0811 was an OG as well as @CodeMonkey78 and @Runningmischka and @_nikkiwolf_. I am Instagram friends with @fabnine and still see her pop up there everyone in a while. I often still wonder what ever happened with @CodeMonkey78. He had a blog for a while and was so inspirational running with all the physical obstacles he had to manage.

I have to say I was fairly new to running had maybe been running 2 years and this group kept me going. I had a bout with PF in the summer of 2014 and I am pretty sure I would have just given up running if not for all the advice and support I found from everyone in the running challenge.

I will come back and answer the monthly questions, need to post my runs in the current month and catch up there! That is something that has not changed over the years - that we are very talkative and the thread moves fast. All the newbies need to just jump in, ask questions, add comments, join in the conversations!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Oh, lonewolf is on Instagram. Or was. Haven't seen much from him in awhile
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    @shanaber oh I forgot about @Runningmischka ! She was so cute running pregnant. Bet that adorable baby became center of her world. @codemonkey78 had a mysterious condition last I/we heard from him. His heart would stop and I think so many were uncomfortable supporting him running until he got more info from the doc, I think he got a bit peeved over being told to stop running. Wasn’t that the guy Shana?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    @shanaber oh I forgot about @Runningmischka ! She was so cute running pregnant. Bet that adorable baby became center of her world. @codemonkey78 had a mysterious condition last I/we heard from him. His heart would stop and I think so many were uncomfortable supporting him running until he got more info from the doc, I think he got a bit peeved over being told to stop running. Wasn’t that the guy Shana?
    @swenson19d - I know he had a lot of issues... I don't remember a heart condition specifically but I do remember people suggesting maybe he should reduce his mileage a bit and give his body a rest. I think he was really afraid if he stopped he wouldn't be able to do it any longer. It was weird though how he had the blog for a while and then just disappeared. I don't have the blog bookmarked any longer so it must have been on an earlier laptop. I will poke around and see if I can find it tomorrow. I thought he had something degenerative in his spine or with his vertebrae or something like that...🤷🏻‍♀️
    @rheddmobile - I will look for him there - thanks!

• WhatMeRunning
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I have seen frequent Strava updates from @_nikkiwolf_ she still runs but seems to do more cycling and has posted happy, healthy looking pics.

I also see frequent Strava updates from @ddmom0811 mostly Peloton with a mix of running as well.

Also I recall @kristinegift being here before I started. She is still posting regular runs on Strava and hasn't seemed to slow down one bit.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Reminder! This is free to sign up
    Sep 19th 2021 - Guinness World RecordsOfficial Attempt Run (10 km / 6.2 mi)
    https://virtualrunners.com/products/guinness-world-records-attempt-run

Registered!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    200 (minimum) miles for August, pushing for over 400 miles

Wow! I got a disagree and no idea why. All I said was that it is free.

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    200 (minimum) miles for August, pushing for over 400 miles

Wow! I got a disagree and no idea why. All I said was that it is free.

Wasn't me. I find it can be a scrolling error, just resting in the wrong spot. Sure it was in error. 🤔