WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Today was a handful of chicken, 2 slices of cheese, and 4 slices of brie, 5 nuts, a sliced tomato, and a slice of bread all cubed up. Coffee and a biscotti. That's it.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Katla - can you have a discussion with DH? That is unreasonable for him to decide without some input from you.
    Or if he is determined that his way is the way, can you just fly out early and be there for the birth, and he can join you later.

Kim in N. California
  • Whidislander
    Options
    I'm sorry your plans have changed Katla, and your husband didn't include you in the plans he made. You need to tell him the frustration you're feeling. You two are a team, and he went all solo on you.💖. Maybe he just wanted to spare you the details, but you are a planner, and he should have consulted you.🙃😳. Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    Beth - my heart is with yours. <3:'(<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Many thanks for the good wishes. I'm hoping that I get a speedy appointment in Gynae. In the meantime, I'm feeling much better as the aches and pains are subsiding, and the meds have stopped most of the bleeding.

Michele: I hope the tests went/go well. (Not sure of your timescale 😂)
    Beth: (((hugs))) What a lovely legacy in remembrance of your dear boy.

❤️ ☘️❤️ Terri
  • Whidislander
    Options
    ((((((((((Hugs Beth)))))))
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3Beth

:)Katla, Unless your husband has made non refundable plane reservations, it's time to have a serious talk with him. This is a joint venture.

<3 Barbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Vicki – yup, getting older certainly ain’t for the faint of heart, that’s for sure

Aldi had spaghetti squash on sale so I bought some and am now making it in the IP. Jess asked me why last time I didn’t use the IP and I just told her that I didn’t have it then.

Vince just said that he thinks he needs to go to FL for a few days, probably by himself. I don’t have a problem with that. Something about the closer for the door and now the new molding. He needs to see some things

My sciatica is getting better, I would say it’s probably about 80% better. Still not perfect.

Had my boob squeeze and BDT. I thought it funny that when I got the boob squeeze the gal kept saying “now don’t move”. Where did she think I was going with my boob squished?????’

Sue WA – your mother made the right decision, then

Barbara – I’m not nearly as hungry, but yet this a.m. the Wii said I’d gained 2 lbs! Today I had some dates and, to be honest, to me they were too sweet. Yet I’ve had these dates before with no problem

Did I tell you that we had to take Loki to get shaved because he had so many mats? Well, we’ve noticed that he doesn’t lay on the bathroom tile anymore. Wonder why????

katla – I’m so sorry for you and Arrow’s owner. I’d opt for flying earlier

Anne DE – I can tell you where that pound went!!! Congrats on the loss

barbie – good news for Jake and you!!!!

Beth – (((HUGS))) You are strong and will make it thru this

Made spaghetti squash in the IP. To be honest, I was surprised how very good it came out. Tried making butternut squash using the air fryer lid for the IP. It came out good, but the only problem is that you can’t make a lot at any one time so I’m broiling the rest

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    (((Beth)))
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I just had some hassles on the internet. Microsoft appears to have tried to interfere with my computer. I do not use their platform for anything other than word. I paid for it long ago.

There was some information about someone in Salem, Oregon trying to hack me. I hope this is done with. The only people in Salem that I talk to are a part of this group.

:grumble:

Katla

Have you been to Salem, Oregon recently or somewhere in that vicinity?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka- I am about 70+~ miltes between here and Salem, OR.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka- I am about 70+~ miltes between here and Salem, OR.

Have you logged in with a different device than you normally do ... like if you normally log in with a laptop, did you use your phone?
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Trying to catch up on all the posts-
    It has been a busy week-
    Our class reunion is tomorrow. I am in charge of the raffles so got five baskets put together.
    I also baked 16 doz cookies/brownie bites for it yesterday.
    It will be nice to see old friends- hard to believe it has been 41yrs(our 40th reunion was supposed to be last OCt but it got postponed and the class of '81 invited us to join them, then they add two more classes-not thrilled about that- think it will be too big) BUT it is outside and my favorite cousin and my best friend are both going to be there.DH is going to go for a short time then go hang out at my mom's. I am totally fine with that. My cousin said he will give me a ride back to mom's.
    They said we had a earthquake at midnight last night- 4.0 or something. I didn't feel a thing. It happened during the few hours I actually did sleep last night.

Need to grab my shower. Should have done my nails earlier. Not much to polish but want to have them look half way decent.
    Have a great weekend ladies.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Beth (((HUGS))) <3

Today, in fact right now, the family plus two best friends are all setting off for the Harry Potter World at Elstree for Edie's birthday treat. I'm hoping for some great photos. They have to leave the house at 7 am for the drive.

I have a few quiet days, so I hope to get on with my memoir. I don't normally work on it at weekends, but I feel the call as it's getting so close. :) The publishing platform on Kindle (KDP) is different, (DH found out), from the old CreateSpace one we used before, in that the Kindle comes first and then you do the paperback. I am always nervous at this stage, but he said it was fairly straightforward. I do have more exacting design requirements than he does. :p
    I'm going to write an introduction for this volume, and you always have to write a blurb, which is an art in itself!

Going to make a big chilli for dinner (with roasted cauliflower). Should be lots to freeze.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Just spent 1.5 hours doing the whole hot bath thing. I am NOT a bath person. I take baths maybe once a year. But I have bath products to use up and I wanted to soak my legs in hot water to help get them ready for my run tomorrow, so I decided it was time to have a long hot bath.

Depending on how my legs feel after the run, I may do it again tomorrow.

I smell nice. In addition to a whole bunch of bath products, I also rubbed cocoa butter lotion into my legs. It's one of many lotions I have which I need to use up.

And it was actually relaxing.

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, veg prep, Freddie’s, bank, massage, bottle return, recycling.
    Bonus: practiced Wine, Beer, Whiskey and Dance Monkey, paid more bills, reconciled mastercard, checking and savings accounts.
    Get to do: rx, take BP, dogs to powerline, farmers’ market, dog group, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, learn a section of GrandDaddy Long Legs, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: Silver Linings, Dance Monkey, All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat) One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke,,); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    25: Find a new way to use one of your strengths or talents. ?

Had first massage since February. My therapist has had to change careers, her shoulder won’t let her massage any more. She still owns the business and now has a couple of new therapists doing the actual massage. New gal is fine, really eased the neck tension. I felt two inches taller! (I wish… ;> )

Beth ((hugs))
    Katla ((hugs)) Know you’ve been looking forward to this trip so much. I’d be sad and mad too. Did he give any reason? I like Kim’s idea.

Today was the last warm/sunny day for awhile. Cool front bringing in clouds and chance of showers next week. The rain will be welcome but I’ll miss the sun and the warmth.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe:25, weigh/wii: 23/0/0; steps>7222=9273 ;) vits=23, log=24, CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=15, Tumble=21, Shadow=23, mfp=21, outside=27, up hill=23, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=1.5, Wed:TC=1, PW=2, Thurs: TC=5mins, Fri:TC=1.33, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5:140.2 9/12:139.8 9/19:142.2 9/26: 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=13, play=1.25!!! sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Options
    Sat Sep 25th, 2021 - World Dream Day
    https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/dream-day/

"It does not matter where you come from, where you live, or how much money you have, one thing that we all have in common is dreams! We all have aspirations and goals for a better tomorrow."

"World Dream Day has been established for the purpose of encouraging individuals, communities, businesses, schools, and families to take some time to concentrate on their dreams and make an effort to turn them into a reality."

Do you still have dreams? Not the sleep kind, the goal, aspiration kind.

Machka in Oz