WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    oops meant to put last whinge in spoiler; unable to change it at present. I know how to but often that doesn't work and today when I go to another software it takes me to French - so I gave up;

You can only make changes within an hour of your post.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Of course, no exercise today. Soup kitchen later today, tho. Then my BDT and mammo. I’d like to stop at Aldi to see about the spaghetti squash, so maybe I can do that after the soup kitchen and before the DEXA.

Terri – (((HUG))). You know, the prednisone seems to make me not have any appetite at all. That’s a positive

barbie – sending good thoughts for Jake

Off to the soup kitchen

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Leaving today :'(
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,633 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip – Yogi is a well-loved dog. :heart: I’m happy that you’ve enjoyed your adventure at Cannon Beach and hope that you will visit again in the future. :star:

Barbie - I looked up recent earthquakes in Western Oregon. To my surprise, there was one at Vernonia, a small town in Columbia County. It registered at 1.7. I didn’t feel a thing. :noway:

(((Sue))) -So sorry for the loss of your mom. :heart: :broken_heart:

Barbara – I love brown rice, but white rice is not good for either of us. It is too sugary & starchy for DH and neither of us likes it. :-(

Rori – Sending my love. I am happy for your adventures with friends. :heart:

Heather- I am surprised that you have foxes in your neighborhood. Sorry they left fox poo on your doormat. :-(

Rebecca – I had abdominal pain that came and went, and was gradually worse. My doctor diagnosed it as gall stones and sent me for surgery. It turned out that I had one really big gallstone, about the size of a robin’s egg. The gall bladder was removed, and I have had not further trouble. A friend also had her gallbladder removed. She had lots of tiney stones. I don’t know whether this is your issue, but it sounds as though it might be. :flowerforyou:

(((Terri))) – I hope you are able to rest and feel better. I hope surgery will solve the issue. :heart:

Barbie- Sending good wishes for Jake. I hope the doctor appointment provides good news for him. :flowerforyou:

Yesterday DH had his flu shot. I had mine a few days ago. Today we have a bright, bright sunshiney day. We are still working on our plans to visit our son and DDIL in Virginia. Our plan is to babysit our grandson when his baby brother is born.

Katla
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Regarding being woken from sleep -- I have created a cocoon of silence.
    I'm also toying with the idea of getting sleep headphones for my husband and me for whenever we might be able to travel by airplane. No rush, of course, so I will investigate what's good. I like the idea of a sleep headphone and eye mask all in one. I think it would be good for my husband to reduce distractions around us both on the plane and possibly also while waiting between flights ... and I like the idea too. It looks like it would be much more comfortable than the headphones airlines provide.
    Anyway, if you're a light sleeper who is easily wakened, it might be an idea to to create a cocoon of silence for yourself. :)
    M in Oz

These are the ones I have. Love them! But, I will tell you, the headband style will not "cancel" surrounding noise. It will help and it will reduce "distractions" as you say. But if you need to "drown out" snoring or something like that, ear buds are a must. I liked these because they're specifically for sleeping and have a sort of "nose cushion" that keeps the mask off my nose and provides a little extra darkness.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Bluetooth-Headphone-Voerou-Adjustable-Microphone/dp/B07D7T7B2G/ref=sr_1_6?crid=APAI0BGR7ZB9&amp;dchild=1&amp;keywords=sleep+headphones&amp;qid=1632497700&amp;s=electronics&amp;sprefix=sleep+,electronics,339&amp;sr=1-6

qtkcdrt5vj53.png

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Options
    I just had some hassles on the internet. Microsoft appears to have tried to interfere with my computer. I do not use their platform for anything other than word. I paid for it long ago.

There was some information about someone in Salem, Oregon trying to hack me. I hope this is done with. The only people in Salem that I talk to are a part of this group.

:grumble:

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Zoom was good. My friend G was hosting it from a café while she was driving south from York. :o I do not know how she has the energy!
    She is going to attend the Labour Party Conference in Brighton from tomorrow. Stopping en route for another political meeting. She is 72!!!

Another Zoom friend is off to Northern Cyprus next week where she has a house. Lots of hoops to jump through, including PCR tests. She is stressed.

I cannot imagine going through any of that!

We have scheduled the next Zoom for when our Cyprus friend gets back. I have known these wonderful women since I was 12 and been best friends since 15.

DH has finished his latest Winfrith book (Anglo Saxon detective stories) and it is already out on Amazon Kindle. He is awaiting the hard copy approval. It is the 6th in the series. We celebrated with a bottle of wine to go with my Tandoori chicken.
    THE INCOMING TIDE, by John Ward. I know some of you have read some of the series. Katla's DH?

Happy day today. One of the people I follow as a life coach made a podcast where she explained what the situation is with her intimate others. I have been bothered by the fact that it was not transparent, so I am delighted that she felt able to be radically honest about it at last. It made me very happy. You have to practise what you preach. <3 I feel lighter.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline (twice!), printed step sheet and watched Granddaddy long legs demo.
    Bonus: 1.25 hrs organizing a quarter of the potting bench area, practiced Wine, Beer, Whiskey and Dance Monkey, paid bills, reconciled visa accounts.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, veg prep, bottle return, bank, Freddie’s, massage, recycling, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, learn a section of GrandDaddy Long Legs, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: Silver Linings, Dance Monkey, All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat) One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke,,); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    24: Accept yourself and remember that you are worthy of love. And that you receive it as an unearned gift ;)

Spent time organizing part of my potting shed/garden/dry goods overflow storage area in the garage. It was fun, so not counted toward cleaning. ;)

Michele that is a very unusual side effect, normally steroids increase appetite, sometimes to ravenous levels. Fingers X’d for tomorrow’s tests.
    KJ thanks for sharing your experience with Bob and Brad’s exercises. They work for me too… IF I actually do them :laugh:
    Heather “fox poo on the doormat” Yuck! If the WD40 doesn’t do the trick, try an ammonia soaked rag, it helps discourage the bears… Singing rude words for Edie’s birthday, no wonder your grands love you both so much! Looks like a couple of soccer teams joined in for the piñata swag.
    Allie, does the kid upstairs’ noise bother your other neighbors? Can you gang up on the kid or the board? I’m thinking greet the dawn with bagpipes. . . ;)
    Machka like Carol I wondered how your foot got burned. That sounds horrifyingly painful! Shame, shame on that first doctor. And Bravissima to you for your persistence in returning to the cycling you love. Truly admire your “well done” attitude.
    Lisa ((hugs)) you’ve been missed. Brava for finding the silver lining in foreswearing caffeine. That would be the first step for me if I ever got serious about eliminating sugar. Sending strong and patient vibes your way. Waiting is so doggoned hard.
    Cheri, had to smile at your graphic, my first thought was NOT Japanese maple ;)
    Julie sounds like your cleaning guy has not been trained nor motivated. Was going to suggest options for next time, but I think you should not allow him back (and change your code.) Perhaps he IS in pain and in dire straits. No excuse for yelling at his employer. If the agency wants to send him again, change agencies, and change change change your code! Much of your experience serves only to reinforce my gallophobe prejudices. Cultural differences makes the French seem rude to me. The Israelis too, but they seem just short, not mean like the French.
    Carol and Kay, what you said to Julie, in spades!
    Vicki “some days are more exciting than others” love your wry humor! “…so much harder than I thought it would be…” to be honest, I didn’t give it near enough thought. Ageing is not for the faint of heart!
    Kay so sad to hear of your father’s struggles. ((hugs)) I’m with you about putting my own kitchenware away. When Joe does it, I try to remember to thank him… after I’ve finally found what I’m looking for ;)
    Tracey 72 mice in one weekend??? Eesh! :love: your pic, what a beauty! What is “Align” ?
    Annie “resting less and sweating more” Brava!
    Rebecca glad you’re going to make the appointment. I tried GasX once, and once only, it made my gut ache even more! Same results from Bean-O. Tums and Pepto Bismol tablets are my friends, but not perhaps in the same night…
    Karen, please tell me that Catalina has an identical twin that lives in Curry County, Oregon!
    Terri Oww! ((hugs)) I’d put a wee dram in that tea… Wish Joe were into household cleaning gadgets, my floors are only one step above pounded dirt.
    Barbie ((hugs)) Hoping Jake’s status is not what he fears. ((hugs))
    Sue “… not allowed to be discharged home” So sad. Heard the phrase “medical tyranny” for the first time last week. Seems like it’s a thing.

Weight up a little this am. Just figured out that to meet monthly step goal average would have to get 9K steps a day thru the 30th. Hmm.

Struggling some with MFP and the forum. Took 5 tries to get in, then 3 tries to get to pg 54.

Whoops, where did the time go?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe:24, weigh/wii: 22/0/0; steps>7222=5717 vits=22, log=23, CI<CO=21, CI<250<CO=14, Tumble=20, Shadow=22, mfp=20, outside=26, up hill=22, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=1.5, Wed:TC=1, PW=2, Thurs: TC=5mins, Fri:TC=1.33, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5:140.2 9/12:139.8 9/19:142.2 9/26: 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=12, play=1.25!!! sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Well today has been a very odd day,feeling very tired.. i did go pick up my prescription and go let Homer out ,but came home and had a little lunch and feel the need to rest a bit again,im guessing its the weather..
    Barbie- praying all is clear sailing for Jakes appointment.
    Tomorrow will be a busy day like I said a funeral for a dear friend and then a get together later on,It will be mobbed but im planning on staying outside with a 😷 mask on and visiting from there
    The get together is for another friend who passed of pancreatic cancer. He is the one who painted my condo.. was another dear friend.they are having a golf tournament and dinner and the money raised goes to a scholarship in his name.
    I dont know of any of you follow Nascar racing and Joey Lagano ,his dad went to my high school and graduated with Dave so he will be there as will alot of his classmates and friends,it is a small town but old friends run deep.
    Gary one of the board members just stopped and told me the window guy will be here starting next week..im on the ground floor so ill be the last. But he also said they talked to the little brat upstairs and he claims it was a friend of his 🙄 if he keeps it up his grandmother will start getting fined as she is the homeowner.. but he better not start that back up again..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    On the road
    l8hlt6jvg330.jpeg
    79p54eij47dk.jpeg
    tbiwr7spuv1p.jpeg
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Kayla, I have a pound of brown rice in the fridge for me. Tried to persuade Joe that white rice is not a pre-diabetics friend, but have yet to succeed. Meanwhile reverting to the “You bought it, you cook it, you eat it! rule. :}
  • Katla49
    Options
    Sue- I haven’t had a chance to ride in months. The friend who owns Arrow lost her husband last December/early January. She sold the stable as a parcel & kept her home and a small stable building just the right size for Arrow. I haven’t been there in a long while. I hope things will eventually change again. Now we have a trip in our future to take care of our grandson while Mom & Dad go to the hospital for the birth of a new baby. We have had flu shots & are looking for Phizer CoVid 19 booster shots. This will be our third shots assuming things go okay.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,051 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound last week! It was a turnaround for me as I had gained slightly the previous two weeks, after eating all kinds of things. I guess I'm back on the wagon.

Annie in Delaware