WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    As usual, no formal exercise today. But tomorrow since that’s the last day of the prednisone and today I’m 95-98% better, I’ll go to the gym (yea!) and just do upper body work then take a walk. Probably no formal exercise tuesday but I’ll take a walk.

The bad news is that the battery on my pedometer ran out. But it’s probably good that if it had to die at any time, this was a good time because I know I’m not getting my steps in. I’m probably only getting about 5,000/day.

M – trust me, the first thing I do is delete those friend requests. But I wonder why I’m even getting them? I’m wondering if it could be some sort of troll who is using that name. I wonder if someone can even do that? Don’t they have to know the person’s password?

Katla – but how do you feel about a home care nurse like barbara suggested for dh? Update: yeaaaaaa he decided to fly!!!!

Heather – I didn’t know that they’d help katla’s dh to the bathroom! Guess I never encountered that need.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Reunion was fun but next time I need someone else to help with the raffle table. I was stuck there most of the night, only visiting with those who came over to the table or who I ran in if I was grabbing a drink.

Spent the night at mom's- stayed up way too late- mom and dh talking, me listening mostly. Didnt get much of a chance to talk with mom- dh dominates all conversations. I told mom I will be back up in a few weeks and we can visit then. She came over to the reunion for a little bit to bring some tables over for me and got to visit with my cousin and a few others she knew which she totally enjoyed.

Raided mom's garden before heading home.The tomatoes will be in the dehydrator tomorrow for more sun dried tomatoes.
    zu0572cdgf9z.png

Debbie
    (resting after a weekend in beautiful
    Alexander Valley, CA)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    I have a folded flag from his funeral that was on a casket, but he was cremated so when I think of my father, I think of when we all got together at Mercer Lake scattering his ashes by the place he liked to fish. He wasn't overly patriotic, so when I see this flag I don't feel anything. Its not like I want to get a flag box for it. Does that make sense? So I am thinking on contacting the local Boy Scouts to respectfully take care of it. They do some sort of ceremony burning it.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Rebecca,
    Loved the Athena photos... and wanted to remind you that Girl Scouts also do flag burning. In fact your amazing skills with paper and washi tape would make a great scrapbook badge class for the troop. Well worth reaching out to them. I think you were involved with your son's Boy Scouts troops when they were young? Just a thought.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Debbie- yes us women usually have a carry on and some sort of purse or large bag with us.
    So your DH probably had that as his plus 1,
    Me ill have the carry on but my larger bag will have a small purse,headphones battery pack ,small power cord, and if I put rhe C pap in it will just over power it so ill call the airlines and see what they suggest if it was a direct flight i wouldn't worry but its not..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,848 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – trust me, the first thing I do is delete those friend requests. But I wonder why I’m even getting them? I’m wondering if it could be some sort of troll who is using that name. I wonder if someone can even do that? Don’t they have to know the person’s password?

Michele NC

Yes ... MFP was hacked a while back.

To explain a bit further ...

About 3.5 years ago, MFP was hacked. We were all told to change our passwords, and we did (right?). However, the members who were inactive at that time probably didn't change their passwords.

The MFP data was put up for sale and who knows who bought it but evidently someone mischievous has.

First the person created a program which opened several new accounts which started displaying "not suitable for family viewing" profile pictures.

That was shut down.

Now the person has created a program which looks for members who have not changed their passwords. The program is able to go in and delete the profile pictures and send friend requests to a collection of current users. Often you'll see that the new friend request has no profile picture ... yet.

People were deleting those requests, so I suspect that the program has been modified so that it is leaving one old profile picture so as not to raise suspicion.

At some point, "not suitable for family viewing" profile pictures may start appearing.

You are not being targeted specifically.
    It's not a troll, it's a hacker having a bit of fun horrifying the people of MFP.

But if you have not changed your password since you signed up with MFP, know that your details have been sold to this person and who knows who else. You might want to change your password. :)

M in Oz

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    Uuuuuu
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) Rain today which is good news for the yard, but discouraged me from my afternoon walk so I walked in the house to get to my 10,000 steps.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    Yogi enjoying the music 🎶 w/the parents
    nia4fdxy0nco.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,848 Member
    Options
    xwq6awlqmymh.png
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Nice day yesterday. But Friday irked me and I'm upset today.

this is not going to be in favour of rehabitating the image of the French !

To balance- Saturday lovely café with colleague - nice café nice day nice spontaneous lunch etc. good people over all.

But Friday!
    Meeting with 5 colleagues on an activist work thing - just for a drink 1h as N was passing through town from far away. Then after that, only 3 of us stayed for a very quick simple meal.

But there is F who has been quite agressive with me. He has often exploded, on the phone. then last April he - due to a problem at work - I don't know what - he decided suddenly to retire - a year early - Almost right after deciding to retire he yelled at me for the 1st time in front of another colleague - an old friend- colleague of his- and then left in anger. It ws the 1st time he lost his cool like that towards me in front of someone else. The other colleague Y's 1st impulse was to defend F. But when I asked Y what he would have done had I acted as F had - he said he would have said that I was hysterical.

Just after F. sent a few prickly contentious mails (with some mistakes in them) with several people in copy. This was not at all in our practices. I answered as needed to rehabilitate, but abstained from all contact with him and on the very rare times he wrote to me I put another colleague in copy in my answer.

We all met once for a meal in July with 7 people and it was fine.

This time I felt him prickly upon arriving but it was not really something I could put my finger on. He was talking a lot, not listening much, cutting me off- but possibly others too, seemed full of himself. Then after two colleagues left and there was only me and another colleague for the quick meal (I should have left) who is also an old friend of F for 30 years F insulted me repeatedly (swears repeatedly) - with no constructive bent. Claiming -at 65- that he has never had any issues with anyone else of the sort. (whereas one year previously when I had questioned him about that he said that it did happen on occasion that he exploded and gave me some examples). he nearly claimed that I was the source of all his problems (at 65 whereas I have only known him for about a yer and a half.) I dont buy it that a guy 65 who behaves badly repeatedly - and I know that he had some issues at his job that led to his retiring a year early with no plan (and his wife is still working 5 more years) according to Y but I don't know what.

O who was still here, had been warned and said he would keep an eye out for such issues, but he seems crazy about F as a friend and not very objective at all. F left angry again, and then only AFTER F had left was O in agreement that F didn't need to be insulting - but still O was half thinking I was imagining things and defending F.

BUT today one of the 2 other people who were there in the early part, N, who met us all for the 1st time live wrote to me saying about him that she found him "rough around the edges" "gritty" or "unrefined"

And then said :

"He quickly played at trying to get me to collude with him, against you when you didn't understand an expression we were using."

"I had the impression he had a certain pleasure in seeing you fail ”

This was at the beginning of the evening a good hour before he was insulting me. he left and then O and i both left.

I have put much much much personal time into this activist work. if F is there always trying to cause problems, and insult me and get people against me - I have no space for it. I am very clearly the leader and it will likely stop or fail if I am not involved.

We have a major major meeting next Wednesday. maybe I will go but that may be the end of it.

one of the biggest problems is that O is an old friends of F and seems mad about F.
    I consider.ed myself a friend of O, but if O is instinctively defending F who is clearly unacceptable and unprofessional in his behaviour, this makes the friendship with O not worth much at all.

And the whole thing is just too much effort for not much good to come out of it.

I feel really bad today. Weird. Yesterday was fairly good. and I woke up well this morning with an interesting dream, and then it seemed to turn bad.

I'm supposed to have a 30 min work meeting with O today. I'll talk to him and see what he says, I'm half ready to quit if he persists in defending vulgar insulting F. I prefer not to decide extremely quickly in regards to something invested in for a year- but these are questions in the air. I work A LOT, mostly with O who seconds me. If O doesn't have my back, and is even the opposite sometimes - then I don't know that it make sense that I continue. We get zero money for this. it's lost time. :s

Julie,

The behavior you are describing is not normal. This is not just someone who is cranky and irritable.

It may not be something he can easily control, especially if he does not recognize it as a condition he needs assessment and treatment for.

I am fairly certain it has very little to do with you, even though it feels personal. You are just one of his targets.

You can be sure that you are not the only person that irks him; he has admitted as much. His comment about not having this problem with anyone but you is total BS; it is belied by his previous recitation of other explosions. He has undoubtedly said the same thing to many other people, perhaps even his former boss. It is a form of rationalization, and not uncommon in people who are irrational and irascible. I feel sorry for his wife. She must know something is wrong with him and probably can't convince him to have an assessment.

There are 2 interesting things I want to point out.

One is that you and others had a meal with this man in July and there were no problems.

The second: "This time I felt him prickly upon arriving but it was not really something I could put my finger on. He was talking a lot, not listening much, cutting me off- but possibly others too, seemed full of himself."

Both of these observations on your part paint a picture of someone who may have manic depression, and the recent encounter during a manic phase. Or any number of other conditions, including some forms of dementia, brain tumor, a personality disorder, and others. The reason I wonder about manic depression is the contrast between July, when there were no problems, and the recent episode when he was cursing, interrupting, talking a lot, and seemed full of himself. That's a perfect description of a person in the manic phase of their illness.

If you are the leader of the group, a manic person who feels omnipotent and irritable would naturally target the person in charge. That is nearly predictable if I am right about this person.

I know you did not ask me to analyze this situation, but it just seems crystal clear to me, so I hope you don't mind. I really don't think his behavior has much, if anything, to do with you as a person. He is targeting you, as the leader, probably very similarly to how he may have targeted his boss, which led to losing his job. It's a tragedy, really, because when he is not manic he may be a very nice person. Since many people seem fond of him, I suspect this is the case, and the reason they are defending him.

I doubt the behavior will change. Only you can decide if you want to continue with this aggravation. Like I said, I really feel sorry for his wife. Can you imagine living with him?

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip,
    Debbie,

Beautiful uplifting photos. What a treat! Thanks.

Karen in Virginia
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,199 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Finished my third edit. :D
    But I've got to go back and infill some episodes I've missed out. :(
    Sometimes I think I've written something, but I haven't, and other times I've written it twice. ;)
    So, another time going through it .......
    Also pondering how much backstory to include about the family history.

I've had to be firm and say no to a lunch with my friend G this week. She is in Brighton every day for a political conference. With school pick-up and my brother and wife staying over later this week, I really have to be strict with myself and concentrate on my memoir. I think she understands. :o She was going to use our drive for parking, but we have a petrol shortage here, so she is travelling by train, which has huge delays because of important work on the line.

Had leftovers for lunch and will, use some of my many eggs for a spinach omelette for dinner. I have plateaued on the weight loss, so need to draw in a little.

Autumn has arrived overnight. Summer went on longer than usual. Rain and wind this morning.

Karen - Good analysis.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I wake up in the middle of the night to use thr restroom and rhrn cant get back to sleep. Going to see the sleep dr on weds so will aak her about that.. might have something to do with the airflow for the Cpap.of course then i lie there thinking of the stuff i have to do ,they are starting tbis week to put in the new windows but i will be one of the last.. because im on the bottom floor.. but I have to take the curtains down,rods move everything that is near the windows so nothing gets damaged..
    Also I have to make a list of what i need to pack for the trip and call the airline to see how im going to work the luggage..
    So my mind is just swimming ..