WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Maybe for you Machka9 ,here in the states nothing yet.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/yogi- 1hr 37min 52sec, 37elev, 3.28ap, 85ahr, 101mhr, 5.36mi= 461c
    Strava app = 650c
    Walk to gym- 10.03min, .52min= 50c
    Strava app = 63c
    Treadmill jog = 31.32min, 5.7-6.4sp, 133ahr, 175mhr, 10.10min mi, 5k= 338c
    Walk gym to home- 11.08min, .54mi= 52c
    Strava app = 66c
    Other- 1hr 1min 50sec, clean up Bette, 90ahr, 113mhr= 281c

Total cal 1182

Starting to run
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    Maybe for you Machka9 ,here in the states nothing yet.

just came on here.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    From Krebs on Security: "In simpler terms, sometime this morning Facebook took away the map telling the world’s computers how to find its various online properties. As a result, when one types Facebook.com into a web browser, the browser has no idea where to find Facebook.com, and so returns an error page." It was a routing problem. Seems to be fixed now.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Iiiiiii
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    First day of work so no formal exercise. It appears that I’m to work from 7 until I’m done which makes me wonder why not drag it out and get paid for that extra time? Well, we shall see what happens. Supposed to work tomorrow so I might just go for a walk after work. Guess I’m going to have to change my habits to exercising right as I get home from work. Guess I can go to the gym on the weekends

Barbara – Vince goes to get his INR checked once/month. The MD keeps suggesting he go on Elaquest (? sp), but he’d like to stay with warfarin. It’s been around a long time and we really don’t know the long term effects of Elequest. Dying the sheet for a possible Halloween decoration. Don’t think we’re going to use it, but we may eventually, When I was in college, I would regularly have pizza and wine. So KFC and champagne sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Cookies: I was asked at bowling to bring something Monday since they’ll be celebrating the birthdays for this month. I’m thinking of chocolate chip cookies and maybe some sort of mixed fruit or cheese (my downfalls). Better not have cheese since that’s one of my downfalls.

M – I like sauerkraut but I couldn’t stand the salt. Someone on here (I don’t remember who) suggested this recipe that only uses 1T of salt. I’m liking that one so I buy when cabbage is on sale. No, I didn’t know that BK tried to set up in Australia. Interesting…..

Fast Food – Vince laughs at me because he’ll eat at a fast food place when we’re on the road and I’ll take my own food with me. But I do have to say that I did try the Impossible Burger at BK when they first had it. I’ll eat Subway and (believe it or not) Five Guys has this veggie that isn’t bad.

Julie – giving away the cookies to me is a win-win. I get to have just a little, enough to satisfy me, and the workers get to have some for their break room.

KJ – how exciting...another boy!

Worked, went bowling, ceramics. I’m beat.

Michele NC

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    First day of work so no formal exercise. It appears that I’m to work from 7 until I’m done which makes me wonder why not drag it out and get paid for that extra time? Well, we shall see what happens. Supposed to work tomorrow so I might just go for a walk after work. Guess I’m going to have to change my habits to exercising right as I get home from work. Guess I can go to the gym on the weekends

Barbara – Vince goes to get his INR checked once/month. The MD keeps suggesting he go on Elaquest (? sp), but he’d like to stay with warfarin. It’s been around a long time and we really don’t know the long term effects of Elequest. Dying the sheet for a possible Halloween decoration. Don’t think we’re going to use it, but we may eventually, When I was in college, I would regularly have pizza and wine. So KFC and champagne sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Cookies: I was asked at bowling to bring something Monday since they’ll be celebrating the birthdays for this month. I’m thinking of chocolate chip cookies and maybe some sort of mixed fruit or cheese (my downfalls). Better not have cheese since that’s one of my downfalls.

M – I like sauerkraut but I couldn’t stand the salt. Someone on here (I don’t remember who) suggested this recipe that only uses 1T of salt. I’m liking that one so I buy when cabbage is on sale. No, I didn’t know that BK tried to set up in Australia. Interesting…..

Fast Food – Vince laughs at me because he’ll eat at a fast food place when we’re on the road and I’ll take my own food with me. But I do have to say that I did try the Impossible Burger at BK when they first had it. I’ll eat Subway and (believe it or not) Five Guys has this veggie that isn’t bad.

Julie – giving away the cookies to me is a win-win. I get to have just a little, enough to satisfy me, and the workers get to have some for their break room.

Michele NC

BK did successfully set up here in Australia ... but the name is Hungry Jack's rather than Burger King.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Michele - I wouldn’t drag it out too much they may decide you’re too slow. 😂

Tracey
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janet - You and your twin are both lovely. I like the photos & I think the right sister is you and quite lovely. Your granddaughter takes after you. She is lovely, too. :heart:

Heather—I would love to take my grandchildren to school—but nor very often. Too much distance between us. Oregon and Illnois are very far apart. I wish we had a transporter from StarTrek. :flowerforyou:

Barbara – We will see our son and DDiL’s children in a relatively short time—a few months. I wish were more used to travel. This will be a challenge for DH & me. We rarely travel. :ohwell:

I am ready for rest even though it is relatively early in the evening.

Have a good evening.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA, she is really too cute for words.💖👍. Every time they send me pics I say now these are the cutest ever, then I get more, no now THESE are the cutest. They are gonna have to keep an eye on her, she'll have the boys carrying her books and such!😂😂
    I just love her to pieces.
    Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »

Michele NC

BK did successfully set up here in Australia ... but the name is Hungry Jack's rather than Burger King.

Hungry Jacks and their history ...
    https://www.hungryjacks.com.au/home
    https://www.hungryjacks.com.au/about-hj-s
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Facebook went out here around 4.30 pm, just as I was making my first post in absolutely ages! I thought it was me and kept retrying for over an hour. :s I found out that the whole lot had gone down on the news. WhatsApp and Instagram. I use WhatsApp a lot.
    So I used the normal text to communicate with my son and friends.
    Went to bed. Set the alarm on my phone. (Of course I am awake before my alarm) Then at 12.40 am I was woken up by a succession of notifications as WhatsApp came back on and previous messages from family and friends arrived!!! Pleased to see my Facebook post had finally made it. :p I had a bit of trouble getting back to sleep, but managed it.

Now just waiting for a suitable time to get up and get our day started before the kids arrive.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    For the outage earlier today ... :smiley:

ot5fwdexxe60.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    The rain and wind passed through overnight and the day dawned bright and crisp. Gorgeous autumn weather. :D
    The girls arrived at 8 and we set off at 8.20.
    I went ahead with Edie while patient DH brought up the rear with dawdling Bea. <3 Lovely chat with Edie about her holiday hotel in Majorca. Did you know that when it looks as if the pancakes have run out , suddenly a whole new lot of fresh ones appear!!!! Wow!
    We also had a long conversation about making deliberate mistakes, which I did once for a Leadership course. :p
    Walked back in the sunshine and stopped off to buy bagels to make smoked salmon and philly ones for lunch.
    Happy morning. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Tracey - I wish you many happy evenings in your new chair! <3 Hooks are fabulous.

Barbara - You seem to be getting IT at last. Why does it take us humans so long? :p I feel I have made huge strides in the last few years. :o DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD is the saying that has most changed my life, along with the Serenity Prayer. I'm now working on Consciousness and Presence.
    Wish me luck!!! :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    This is what we thought we would have to walk through. :o:#
    Instead we had B)
    7yv2yu9kewyz.jpg