WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    B has told me that she is always unhappy with him and always unwelcoming to and about his friends

:lol: I've heard that line before! :lol:

I'm not sure what you mean. I've known B for well over a decade and through 3 girlfriends, each lasting a few years. I think he's faithful to them. For sure I've met her before at gatherings - including a few weeks ago at her family party - her mom and sister were quite friendly but again she barely said hi - he only had 2 friends there- I suppose he invited a couple of others but they declined (maybe partly in relation to unwarm welcome)?- and this time I said hi and she didn't respond - reminded me of a sullen teen or shy toddler who can be bothered to say hi. For me that's the minium, if people can't say hi back to people they are to interact with I find them not polite.
    Oh ... when I separated from my first husband, all sorts came out of the woodwork with lines about how their wives/partners were unhappy with them and the relationship was unhappy and they were sure their wives/partners were about to leave, thus rendering them free to date. Or another similar one I just loved was the one where their wives/partners and they had "an arrangement" so that they could see other people. There are all sorts of similar variations.

It just means that the guy is bored and looking for a little "excitement". :neutral:

Also, personally, I can understand his partner's point of view. I'm not fond of going out to work (I'd prefer to work from home) and when I come home, I don't like dealing with people outside my family. In fact, these days, I turn on the TV when I get home, change into my comfy clothes, and colour for about half an hour with minimal talking. Then I might be ready to deal with stuff.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Have to go to my daughters at 8 am contractor coming to measure for the sink so i have to be there for that,she wanted me to be there for another contractor on Thursday morning ,but I wanted to go to Senior center to start on a baby blanket for grandson so she is getting her dad to come up,she has her dad coming.. she does have Thursdays off from work,but she is at the point in her pregnancy that she is going to Dr every 2 weeks,so the week after i get back my next Thursday i have to pick granddaughter up from school and bring her down to her guitar lesson.
    I do what I can to help out..I am here now waiting on contractor and then will go get Homer out.
    Glad to keep busy
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kelly – I am so impressed with the kindness of your two little boys. I agree with Kim. The world could learn a lot from Boy A and Boy B. :heart:

Heather - Edie the bunny is wonderful. It is amazing that she could do this with your photo app. :bigsmile:

Machka - DH & I have been retired for many years. I enjoy puttering in our tiny garden and going for long walks. I haven’t had the chance to go horseback riding in many months. I recently tripped and fell on the steps to the outside gate and have a bum knee at the moment. It is healing bit by bit. :ohwell: I have discovered that harder soled shoes are more comfortable for my knee than ones with lots of cushion. Three cheers for Sperry Topsiders! :bigsmile:

(((Rita))) – It is great to see you posting. I sympathize with your low energy. :flowerforyou:

Margaret – I love the dachshund wearing its t-shirt— “Still Live With My Parents.” :bigsmile:

We have a cloudy morning and it appears to plan to stay that way. Temperatures here are forecast to be 59F high & 45F low. Our outdoor thermometer needs a new battery. I want to replace the ones that are not working.

Katla in overcast NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, practiced WBW, DM, GDLL, SWTD, called Spectrum Mobile to learn how to print statements (sequential screen shots, bah!), Bonus: 21/30 mins T’ai Chi from last Friday, 12/15 mins SWSY from Monday (3 lbs each: upward row, biceps curl–increase wt, overhead press,) 30 mins line dancing
    Just one thing: made 15 minute dance practice playlist on YouTube, set out BB&B torture bands with SWSY weights.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, SWSY, practice WBW, DM, GDLL, SWTD, Silver Linings, bank to pick up usb drive and make deposit, then St. Tim’s, then post office, dog group, backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, text C, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    6: Remind yourself that things can change for the better. Witness all the good changes that have come from the pandemic, cleanliness, fewer colds/flu, remote access to church and meetings, more time at home with loved ones.

Thanks to rain pants and jacket, got dogs down to the powerline in the drizzle. Good thing we went when we did, downpoured the rest of the day.

Machka that meme made me smile, especially his Tshirt ;) Favorite way to spend a day off would be lazing and reading in bed. However, I’m learning that days like that leave me feeling stiff and crappy so need to find another fave… 102 flights of stairs in 3 days = not energetic? Wow!
    Heather I wish you all the luck in the world, but think you’ve already got both Consciousness and Presence. Brava! Oh poor UK, first fuel shortages, now flooding? :love: the “polished” Edie bunny. Really loved Edie’s immediate reaction to your DH’s sorrow.
    Miss Kelly bless you for creating a safe environment for little boys to grieve and comfort each other.
    Barbie, ah yes, “Better than Before”. It may be time for me to re-read both.
    Lisa think Corey’s caring doesn’t make you feel smothered because you get why he’s doing it. The intention makes all the difference… ;}
    Kim ditto everything you said to KJ, especially “The world could learn a lot from Boy A and Boy B.”
    Debbie, now I’m craving sauerkraut and sausages… with some German hot potato salad on the side. Time to make my own Oktoberfest ;)
    Annie ((hugs)) what you and your dad are going through with your mom is so hard. Thankful for the office worker’s good sense.
    Katla safe travels to the baby blanket. Did you take a pic?
    Margaret good luck finding a painter, then send her/him to me! I loathe painting as much as I loathe vacuuming, but fortunately don’t have to loathe it as often… ;)
    Kay both my parents are gone, but your Father’s canceling his appointment sounds like my Joe. Pfaugh!
    Michele Brava for convincing yourself you needed to walk. Well done!
    Rebecca you manage to make foods I don’t like look appetizing. Eggs and tomatoes, yuck! But in your skillet, they look yummy.
    Tracey that was a long day. Hope you got paid overtime. Or is that a sore subject with your new payroll system?
    Allie, you ok?

Chose to stay home instead of running errands in the rain. Took the opportunity to make up last Friday’s missed T’ai Chi and take a first stab at SWSY, just doing the upper body exercises. Wow. Felt it immediately. This is going to be interesting. Then, to make my step goal, picked massed bagpipe band YouTube videos. More energizing than the beautiful but quiet national park hikes. Now to snooze.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:5, weigh/wii: 5/1/15; steps>7228=7576 vits=5, log=5, CI<CO=5, CI<250<CO=3, Tumble=5, Shadow=6, mfp=5, outside=6, up hill=6, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=1 , Mon:SWSY=.67 , Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC= , PW=, Thurs: BB&B=, Fri:TC=, Sat:PW=1, rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3: 10/10: 10/17: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=3, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Awe, plus there's cabbage, kielbasa sausage, spinach, some baby potatoes, and yellow onion all in it! I used cream with the eggs, so it was quite rich! Plus a tsp of bacon drippings and garlic paste to saute' the sausage, onion and cabbage.💖👍
    I'm like a mad scientist/Martha Stewart when it comes to cooking these days. It made 2 healthy meals. I also put a hefty spoonful of cottage cheese by my slices to push up the protein factor.
    Rebecca
    Crazy in the kitchen in
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well back from my daughters the contractors installed the farmhouse sink and it looks wonderful, tomorrow the countertop guy comes to measure for the countertop tomorrow
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Tracey--I really do like the look of your new chair and rug. Glad that the chair is working for you.

Kelly--Boy A and B showed so much kindness and understanding. What a Blessing. There is hope for the world as caring people help one another.

Lisa--sending good thoughts and prayers for your doctor appointments today.

Can't believe it is only Wednesday. Been a week from ****. But after today I am off until next Tuesday, baring anyone from calling in. Tomorrow DH has appointment with the heart doctor and surgeon. Sure hope we can get some answers. Friday morning taking the puppy Oscar to get his teeth cleaned. They plan to put him to sleep to do it so will be an all day deal.
    My DGD's father in law passed away early this morning. He was only 49 from cancer. So glad I will be off the next couple days to help with the little ones.
    Beautiful Fall weather here and have the windows open and enjoying airing out the house.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Getting to know you question ...

What's one thing that can instantly make your day better?

Hmmmmmmmmm .... I'm having to give this one some thought!

One of the first things that springs to mind is when someone provides me with an answer I've been waiting for. For 3.5 years, hardly a day has gone by when I haven't had questions out to one or more people and I've been *patiently* waiting for an answer ... sometimes waiting for weeks or months for an answer.

It's such a huge relief when someone finally contacts me with an answer ... even if the answer isn't entirely what I wanted to hear. It usually means I can make the next decision.

M in Oz

Hearing from old friends- texts or instant messages- instantly make my day better. I don't hear from anyone really, so on the rare occasion I do, it is a treat. I do hear from my former hubby every evening and that truly does make my day better. It is great to have someone just check in, not wanting anything from you.

Debbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We are planning to visit our son’s family in Virginia. We just made our appointments for our third Pfizer CoVid vaccinations. They will give us confidence to fly across the country in a jet full of strangers. We have already taken two Pfizer vaccinations & flu shots. I hope we have a healthy trip. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

5mi walk, 5mi ride, 5mi jog

Walk w/family- 1hr 30min 48sec, 65elev, 82ahr, 97mhr, 3.33ap, 5.02mi= 430c
    Strava app = 609c
    Zwift home spin bike- 16.05min, 188elev, 109aw, 70arpm, 134ahr, 164mhr, 19.03amph, 5.10mi= 150c
    Zwift app = 101c
    Walk home to gym- 10.26min, .52mi= 50c
    Strava app = 63c
    Treadmill jog- 50.52min, 5.6-7.5sp, 10.10min mi, 154ahr, 177mhr, 5mi= 521c
    Walk gym to home- 13.38min, .69mi= 66c
    Strava app = 84c

Total cal 1217
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Im thinking I might go to the pharmacy and get my flu shot before my trip
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Worked today, but there was quite a bit to do so didn’t get home until noon. Went to the gym and did spinning. I’m hoping that after work tomorrow I can go to the gym and do a body pump DVD. I do need to go for an oil change at 2:30.

Newcomer bowling tonight – the start of the season. Already I have over 9,000 steps! I was surprised to see that

Barbara – I was about ready to not go to the gym, but I did. I found that I really needed to convince myself. Yet, once I was there, I truly enjoyed it. Hopefully, I’ll be able to remind myself of this feeling, so it’ll get easier for me to go in the afternoon

Lisa – hope everything goes well for you at the doctor’s

Margaret – thanks for the smile

Newcomer bowling tonight. Gotta run…..

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Uuuuu
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Dropped another 0.5 kg. :)