• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, RiteAid for booster, Freddie’s for rx, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL, T’ai Chi, answer C’s and R’s texts.
    Bonus: 37 mins grooming Tumble, Post Office, Freddie’s.
    Just one thing: oops
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL, dog group if not raining, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fill in booster vaccine form with Joe, fire district: board meeting minutes, research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    22: Share a hopeful quote, picture or video with a friend or colleague: this is a hard one. T is worried about my booster choice, sent a video with love and prayer. Tried to respond likewise.
    23: Recognize that you have a choice about what to prioritize:

Pfizer booster today, immediate metallic taste, sore arm, minor headache. Felt well enough to take dogs to powerline and make step goal marching to Clanadonia on YouTube.

Kim in Brisbane I am so jealous of your aquarobics! Con VERY gratulations for taking off those inches.
    Julie, what Kim in N Calif said. ((hugs)) Sounds like you’ve already grieved, maybe this former friend is finding it easier to say “$cr3w you, goodbye!” than “I love you, goodbye.”
    Debbie thanks for the CBD info.
    Beth son’s interview sounds hopeful. Well done!
    Heather congrats and cheers!
    Rebecca wise words about giving ourselves grace to feel our messy emotions. If we just stuff them down, they come out in really undesirable ways. Agree about the “get over it” kind of “advice.” How lonely those advisors must be!
    Allie brava for keeping on even though tired. Hope your sleep tonight is restorative.
    Welcome back @cormierannie! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?

Joe’s daily mailbox walk with Shadow gives me a structured time to groom Tumble. When Joe and Shadow leave, she runs to the door, barks angrily, then wails/howls/woo woos brokenheartedly. That’s my cue to put her on the table, give her special grooming-only treats and work on those mats. Making progress!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:22, weigh/wii: 22/3/46; steps>7228=7349 vits=22, log=22, CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=21, Shadow=20, mfp=22, outside=25, up hill=21, clean 10=16.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=3, Mon:SWSY=3 , Tue:LD=3 , Wed:TC=2.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=3.2, Fri:TC=3.97, Sat:PW=3, rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 :astonished: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=14, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I can just feel that snuggle. <3 I love a one-to-one. :)

My book is now live on Amazon. It's called THEREFORE I AM. It's in both paperback and Kindle. Of course, I would love those of you who are interested, to buy the actual book I laboured so hard over, but it is more expensive. I set the lowest price they allowed. It is also on Kindle Unlimited. The actual purchase of the Kindle edition is underneath, at the bottom, in small print, but it is there.
    My name is Heather Eyles. You will probably have to type in both name and title to find it.
    If you are interested in buying it, and I know some of you bought the first volume of the memoirs, Me I Am, please read the blurb carefully to make sure it is right for you. It is fairly explicit at times.
    I hope it is also fun. Life as a teenager in the 60s. :o:p;)
    Thank you everyone for being so supportive as I went through this process. It's been several years to get this one out. You have kept me going....and going....and going...

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Awesome Heather - congratulations - I would like to read it. - at present I'm stuck int he whirlwind of my current writing (and related reading) obligations, but that will come to an end at some point and the book will still be there. ! woo hoo!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, RiteAid for booster, Freddie’s for rx, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL, T’ai Chi, answer C’s and R’s texts.
    Bonus: 37 mins grooming Tumble, Post Office, Freddie’s.
    Just one thing: oops
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL, dog group if not raining, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fill in booster vaccine form with Joe, fire district: board meeting minutes, research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    22: Share a hopeful quote, picture or video with a friend or colleague: this is a hard one. T is worried about my booster choice, sent a video with love and prayer. Tried to respond likewise.
    23: Recognize that you have a choice about what to prioritize:

Pfizer booster today, immediate metallic taste, sore arm, minor headache. Felt well enough to take dogs to powerline and make step goal marching to Clanadonia on YouTube.

Kim in Brisbane I am so jealous of your aquarobics! Con VERY gratulations for taking off those inches.
    Julie, what Kim in N Calif said. ((hugs)) Sounds like you’ve already grieved, maybe this former friend is finding it easier to say “$cr3w you, goodbye!” than “I love you, goodbye.”
    Debbie thanks for the CBD info.
    Beth son’s interview sounds hopeful. Well done!
    Heather congrats and cheers!
    Rebecca wise words about giving ourselves grace to feel our messy emotions. If we just stuff them down, they come out in really undesirable ways. Agree about the “get over it” kind of “advice.” How lonely those advisors must be!
    Allie brava for keeping on even though tired. Hope your sleep tonight is restorative.
    Welcome back @cormierannie! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?

Joe’s daily mailbox walk with Shadow gives me a structured time to groom Tumble. When Joe and Shadow leave, she runs to the door, barks angrily, then wails/howls/woo woos brokenheartedly. That’s my cue to put her on the table, give her special grooming-only treats and work on those mats. Making progress!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:22, weigh/wii: 22/3/46; steps>7228=7349 vits=22, log=22, CI<CO=22, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=21, Shadow=20, mfp=22, outside=25, up hill=21, clean 10=16.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=3, Mon:SWSY=3 , Tue:LD=3 , Wed:TC=2.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=3.2, Fri:TC=3.97, Sat:PW=3, rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 :astonished: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=14, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

I don't know - he thought I was being over sensitive - maybe I was - on one point - not on all - he was less irate than I was yesterday actually. there is no way to know how one will feel bout this or that in a week but to get there ! thanks for your kind words.

KIM thanks for your kind words too.

TRACEY thanks for explaining your ceramics. it sounds like you got into it, which is good since you said you were feeling tired.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I'm at café and was re-correcting 10 pages this morning; that was a good - not too hard task to get me into it today.

thank goodness- this helps me less be in a more acceptable and bearable mood than yesterday.
    it is nice to be progressing.

I feel bad about my part in online tiff. I think the fundamental stuff is his issues more - but

I have a corrector - and sometimes she doesn't understand all (often my mistake and sometimes she doesn't know the specific terminology - just from time to time -rarely).

So I need to go through the pages line by line and answer to her corrections or questions. then she sends it a 2nd Tim I review a 2nd time and send it back and she does a third maybe (by this time it might be just a 2 or 3 corrections and we call and see any outstanding questions.

I had sent her 5 pages more a few days ago which she is working on so I need to work on the next 5 to send her today - since I have a deadline. I'm working on a detailed plan - so it's not really that hard to work this way, since the plan is already clear. 1st 10 pages intro plan next 10 1st part plan, next 5 2nd part plan, last part 3 part plan. I can refer to long conclusion sent and skip conclusion plan if we are tight which we probably will be.

We are each trying to aim for 5 pages per day- sometimes we manage and sometimes we don't.

Today :
    -30 min exercise ,
    1h cleaning,
    -5 pages produced and sent,

-track all

if time maybe go to a short art -y art performance by someone I know a bit - at 7pm, juste to get out of the house and not become a total hermit.

usually I'm too tired and can't be bothered - and so have become somewhat of a post- confinement hermit.

my feet are rather chilly (didn't put on wool socks and I'm outside on patio and it's currently 53° degrees out at midday.

:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Ugh another night of insomnia,this is ridiculous.. im not having caffeine, im not eating before bed ,i didnt turn out the light until 10 and still tossed and turned all night long,finally if fitfully woke up at 7 and have been awake since..
    Heather - congratulations you have done it again.. will have to look into buying both books though im not much of a reader,though when i do read i usually read for hours on end until I finish a book.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    The paperback version may take a couple of days to arrive on the international websites, but it should get there soon. This is the front cover, screenshotted from Amazon. :o

w6xc6ojm5c9w.jpg
    The Kindle should be there already.
    I am very attached to the paperback as it cost me blood, sweat and tears . :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    wz3qxyh31szb.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Well i watched videos this morning took my meds had a cup of tea and ripped out the baby blanket .. now going over grocery list.. right now honestly i think im going to take a nap.. with hardly any sleep, i feel i need to
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    My parents got appointments for booster shots! Yay!

I'm feeling much better. Staying in bed for a day really helped beat this virus, whatever it was.

Annie in Delaware
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Heather ... Congratulations on the second installment of your memoir!

Son has made it through the next round of interviews...second one on Monday. We have to go shopping to find him something to wear. (First interview was through Zoom and he got away with looking presentable with a headshot). This has him in a full blown anxiety attack as he has put on a lot of weight and we need to find something "professional" off the rack. I feel badly for him. It resurrects all of my own old "fat fears."

Beth near Buffalo

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Bananas - We haven’t used garlic in a long while. DH is especially sensitive to garlic. I use green onions in cooking and salads. We both like them. :smilie: I hope you feel better soon. Pain, chills. fatigue and a headache are miserable. :ohwell:

Machka – I love your array of mustards. I particularly like Dijon. I am also a fan of parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme in cooking. I have them all growing in pots outside. :star:

Beth – Sending good wishes for your son. I hope his interviews lead to a job he will enjoy. :flowerforyou:

Cheri - Love the fall leaves poem. George Cooper is new to me. :smiley:

Barbara & Rebecca – DH knew the way to the doctor’s office and all went smoothly. They sent a sample of my tissue to a lab for analysis. We haven’t heard anything yet. It was a tiny spot and the dermatologist said it was completely removed with no likelihood of return. This group of women are the best! I am not worried. about test results. :star:

Terri – We’ve had our third Pfizer CoVid booster shots, too. We each also had a flu vaccination. Hopefully, we’re good to go. We plan to visit our son and daughter in law in Virginia. We have done everything recommended to stay healthy and to avoid anything contagious. :flowerforyou:

Allie – Fixing knitting goofs is a time-honored experience. Starting over is part of the process. I know that I do it at least once each time I make a blanket. :wink:

Tracey – The photo of you and your granddaughter is precious! :heart:

Barbara – DH had a headache after the Pfizer booster, too. :ohwell: I was lucky-no headache at all. :smiley:

Heather – The cover of your new book is eye-catching. It looks like it will be a big success. :star:

We have a rainy day and it feels good to be cozy inside.

Katla in rainy NW Oregon