WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,091 Member
    Options
    Seems like my phone is really really running out of storage space this time. It's been limping along for a year now. Time to put the work into getting a new one. The technology choices are scary, but the reality is that anything new would be better.

Annie in Delaware
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :)

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,652 Member
    Options
    61yza797pq9x.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,648 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,319 Member
    Options
    Hello Lanette,
    Good to see you. :)
    You have really had a huge amount to cope with over the year. May life be kind to you from now on. <3
    I am in awe of your resourcefulness and energy.

I can smell good smells from downstairs where DH is making his signature chicken stew. :D<3 I have been feeling exhausted today, no doubt a reaction to all the energy I have been putting in to publishing my book, and just couldn't face cooking dinner. I asked DH I'd he would step up and he was delighted.
    He doesn't really understand why I am so tired, but he is happy to help.
    I managed to walk around to the fish market with him, but the rowing has gone by the board. I am content with my 700 burn today and treated myself to a nap. I'm sure I need that more, as my nights have been very short.
    I bought fresh tuna, smoked haddock, two skate wings, and large, frozen King prawns.

Some old friends that I emailed about the book have got back in touch. I have loved hearing their news. <3 A couple were old students who are still writing. One had been quite successful in a poetry competition. Another I had met on a writer's retreat years ago. It warmed my heart to hear from them.

Doing nothing tonight, apart from watching TV. Bliss! We were meant to be going to the French Circle, but I am listening to my inner voice which says, "REST." :p

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,770 Member
    Options
    Morning,afternoon, evening ladies,
    Today dark and gloomy..
    I took miss pissy pants to school today and went and picked up groceries.. I remember how horrible being a teenager was but I dont think ever in my life I ever backtalked to my grandparents ever.. she is a sassy little.thing..
    Oh well..
    I have to put another call into social security , as they have not deposited the lump sum backpay andbit has been 2 months,i dont want to hire an attorney as they will take 33%
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,648 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Routines have been very helpful to me, especially upon waking, I can almost just do my routine without too much thought process, which helps it happen more times than not…. Now when something means my morning routine must change, I have to post notes or set timers/reminders on my phone – or I just do my “normal” routine. For me it is the first 2 hours – up, dress, brush hair, Levi out to do his business and I go out with him and stretch a bit, then get jacket plus depending on weather, leash up Levi, hop in the car drive to a suitable location, walk for about 1 hour (2-3 miles), home, breakfast for Levi, breakfast for me, coffee made, brush teeth, check calendar to see what the day holds. After that my schedule is variable….

Someone asked what I did with a 4 hour power break, Actually a bit longer would have been ok. I straightened up my desk, then I did all the thread trimming of the items I had embroidered the day before, and then started raking the back yard.

Heart rate, I have no idea of my heart rate, and have never figured out how to take it – there is one spot I can feel it but if my finger slips even a very tiny bit I can no longer feel it and between that and counting and trying to watch the second hand on a clock, I am always missing something…. I often get to some where in the 20’s and then lose track of something – This is one of those multi task things I can not do! LOL

Smiles Kim N. California
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- the very first time my mom met current mother in law, all she did was talk about her OTHER son, even pulled out a pay stub to show mom how much Albert was making. Mom was polite but so confused. I was dating Frank, NOT Albert.
    Albert was her favorite. She didn't like Frank and if she didn't have to totally depend on him now, don't think she would now either. She has no choice. He is all that is left. Her new meds are helping though
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, wetlands/beach walk with Joe and the dogs.
    Bonus: recycling, Post Office, Freddie’s
    Just one thing: picked and delivered chanterelles to B, Joe's rx info from Logan @ Dr. S.
    Get to do: take BP, T’ai Chi, dogs to powerline, make up 30 mins Tuesday linedancing (practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL, SWSY,) dog group, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    26: Find a new perspective on a problem you face: attitude of gratitude for the body as it is today.
    27: Be kind to yourself today. Remember, progress takes time: and celebrate different kinds of progress, stamina, ease in rising from chairs.

This morning as I fed the dogs, was musing on how effective morning routine/linked habits
    take ALA, feed dogs, make tea, weigh in, morning readings and meditation, blood pressure, exercise before solitaire
    have been, when…
    Joe invited me to go to the beach with him and the dogs. YES! An opportunity not to be missed. Misty walk through the wetlands and along an angry sea. Tide was out but not very far so we didn’t linger. Then scampered across border to the liquor store, stopped at farm supply store for special dog cookies, chatting all the way home. Great way to start the day.
    Went through the routine after breakfast.

Heather whatever is a “99”? That card game sounds awful.
    Rebecca the first marriage photo album story made me laugh out loud!
    Vicki ((hugs)) selling the motorcycles is a hard reminder of life changes.
    Gentle ((hugs)) softly held extra long to Lisa, Beth and Tracey.
    Michele “…I have a hard time watching the baking shows because then I get cravings for baked goods” amen, sister, AMEN!
    Machka thanks for the alternative arthritis remedies links.
    Katla I’m dreading the longer nights, shorter days and time change. Think I’ll splurge on some of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0819PCKSL/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Looks like we have some black trumpet chanterelles in the front yard. Will ask the folds at Black Trumpet Bistro if they'd be willing to barter...

Time to go back to sleep….

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:26, weigh/wii: 26/4/65; steps>7228=7393 vits=26, log=26, CI<CO=25, CI<250<CO=19, Tumble=25, Shadow=22, mfp=26, outside=28, up hill=24, clean 10=18.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=4, Mon:SWSY=4 , Tue:LD=3 , Wed:TC=2.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=3.2, Fri:TC=3.97, Sat:PW=3, rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 10/24:143.5 :sick: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=15, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Do you have wild chanterelles that you pick?? I used to love going mushroom picking with my dad- hadn't done it in so many years. We stopped when some illegal pot farmers started a big farm in the middle of the wooded area we would go- back when it was totally illegal. Wasn't safe- they were armed. Loved just spending time with him. I would never go by myself- he knew the the edible ones.

A nice walk on the beach then just a nice chat sounds perfect.

I don't watch any of the food shows in the evenings anymore, especially late night- I end up feeling so hungry I have to go get a snack- I can not sleep when I am feeling hungry.

Debbie
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Lisa--Sending prayers and hugs. I take a lot of motrin for joint pain. I was taking tramadol but didn't like the side effects after several years. Good luck and keep me posted on what you find that works.

Kylia--Sounds like you are making great steps in getting back to the basic of taking care of you. One Day at a time.

Lanette--Do keep us posted and you are an inspiration of not giving up and taking care of what needs to be done. And not feeling sorry for yoursel. I really needed that reminder. Thanks

Another cold and rainy day. I am working 7-5 today so inside most the day.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Machka ... thank you for the arthritis links. Hot showers are one of the best things I do to receive stiffness in the morning.

Tracey[/b ... hope the physio helps relieve some of your pain.

Lanette ... wonderful to see you posting again, but so very sorry to hear of your husband's problems. You are a strong woman. Post when you can ...I've missed you!

Sun is shining today and I'm tired of sitting in this wheelchair, so making my own walking routine (following weight-bearing guidelines). I just feel like I'm turning into a pudge.

Beth near Buffalo

• dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can buy a specially made key chain- I want this on it:
    4spbmkckfwhn.jpg

(not the T)

I found a person on Etsy to do signature on key chains so ordered one for mom with dad's signature.
    This lady just does signatures.

Have you looked up: 'custom keychain' in Google?

Place like these:

https://www.customkeychain.ca/ca/

https://www.zazzle.com/california+keychains

https://www.forevergifts.com/key-chains/

I looked up some and decided to just order key chain kits and make my own. A set of 20 is cheaper than ordering one key chain(and I want two of that one)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Kylia - good for you for exercising.Do you like having a routing. Exercises sounds good.hot tub too.

ROUTINES
    I have less of a routine than some more than others.
    I never pre-track my food. I don't want to decide what Im going to eat all day. even if its just to choose between cauliflower and brocoli and carrots.
    it's probably not ideal but that's how it is. on th either hand I go to café daily.
    Lots of routines are happy making when I maintain them
    meditation, exercise, cleaning, working.
    I'm on an off
    for YEARS I was better on routing: exercise and meditation for example.

Routine would actually be good now but there is something to be said for slight improvisation
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Seems like my phone is really really running out of storage space this time. It's been limping along for a year now. Time to put the work into getting a new one. The technology choices are scary, but the reality is that anything new would be better.

Annie in Delaware

I had the cheapest of smart phones for a few years. it could only take 3 apps at a time ! if I wanted to get an app I had to remove another! no joke!
    now I have a normal one and it's way better. it cost more which I dislike but it works.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    today so-so
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,652 Member
    Options
    ywvbsjsxl5ap.jpeg
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    A. writes to lawyer about issue that A and B are looking at, puts B in copy
    B answers "Thanks for this message"
    A asks: "Is that an ironic thank you?"
    B answers : I am not ironic. If every time someone says something nice and you are suspicious or take it the wrong way, there is nothing to be done.

That is the whole exchange.

What do you think of A and B's ways of writing, speaking. Looking for outside point of view !
    thanks !

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,080 Member
    Options
    Anne I think you can buy a drive to add extra storage to your phone. Former owner of son's house had one sent here. I do not use my phone for much so I have no need for it. I tried to find him to see he got it but to do avail.