WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Yay! I got my ticket all situated to help middle sons family out, watching Athena (don't quite know where, but we'll stay out of the way, maybe take rags and dust stuff! Thought they were moving Dec, but can get the keys 19th of Nov.,veo taking a bus 1/2 hour from here, Mt. Vernon to King St Station then take a 3hr train to Portland's Union station. Its only $46 so that's good. 6 hrs of travel verses 8 hrs on Greyhound bus! Plus I can sip coffee, and have more leg room. Will just have a carry on. Staying at their place helping them organize from 17th to 24th and Lee will come down hopefully with eldest son, if he doesn't have a duty weekend, and we'll stay at a hotel from then to Sunday 28th. Kind of a whirlwind visit, but eldest can see his grandma on Saturday before he heads to Guam for 6 years (in Feb). I'm excited to see Athena!
    jxoy0z0y5ifm.jpg
    Ordered a purple gnome!
    bqm4eyn2uas5.png
    My cousin bought me this guy last Christmas, I ordered a red one for this Christmas!
    Only $24 each, cute as a button.
    q6at7ztdafv7.jpg
    My favorite family.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Those gnomes are cute!

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »

Feeling better today, arm less sore, headache mostly gone. Got dogs down to powerline during a little break in the rain. Do I feel better from having walked dogs outside, or was I able to walk outside because I felt better?

Barbara AHMOD

Both! and well done you!

Julie,

At one level, I want to be very happy that my son and this girl have found each other - they both deserve happiness, and seem to be deeply in love. My pessimistic streak rears its ugly head when everything seems perfect in any relationship I guess. I no longer believe, however, that I can predict outcomes for relationships. Some of the weirdest ones work, and some of the ones that look lovely don't. Everyone was shocked when I left my ex because I shared the problems with only one other person. A lot of people told me they wanted to be just like us as a couple, and I didn't disabuse them of the notion that we were perfect together.

Oh - I did not mention that a little over two weeks ago, the edema started up again, ankles swelling, etc. I gained 13 pounds of what was apparently water weight over the next week (from 178 at the doc's office to 191). Thankfully, as of today, I'm back to where I was when I went to the doc's, 178. This cannot be a good cycle, and I am keeping an eye on it.

Later,
    Love, Lisa

Lisa I'm sorry about your edema. glad that it's back down (is that the term?)

It is so true that we never know what is going on in other relationships.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    latish start just 1.5 hours in the morning. getting back to it in about 15 minutes.
    had tofu and unfrozen mixed veggies for lunch and store bought fro-yo.

annoyed that I have an appointment across town at 6pm which really eats up 2 or 3h, mostly from driving.

oh well.

I DID go for walk yesterday evening. I DIDN4T clean.

should I clean or get right into the writing tasks ?
    maybe mix and match alternate 15 min cleaning and 45 min writing tasks???

I did in face mix and match 15 minutes timer cleaning then. 45 min timer writing- but then I went way over on writing time - which is good. it was more pressing than the cleaning yesterday
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Mary – oh wow!!! Thanks for sharing

Michaela_la – we have three cats (just lost one to cancer)

M – these were REAL tiny bees. I highly doubt anyone would be interested in them. He did say that there are a lot in this neighborhood that nest in the ground

Barbara – Vince used “Wasp and Hornet” killer. I think I only saw two yesterday. And before I’d seen quite a few

kylia – congrats on exercising. How I miss it! I must be the most inflexible person on the face of the earth! Work then bowling. After bowling ran to Food Lion to get milk for Vince, me to make yogurt (probably tomorrow), bananas for Vince and a few other things. Nothing much

Ma_B – love the pups

Michaela – my breakfast? Chili, riced cauliflower and peas & carrots. Yes, I know that sometimes I have a really weird breakfast

smbq – welcome!

Went to ceramics. Finished the mermaid, now it goes to be fired. Then I’ll put the mother of pearl on it and have it fired again.

Michele NC
    who realized she forgot to do some parts of Pinocchio so I’ll do them tomorrow

that is an unusual breakfast! my sis once offered me cooked veggies for breakfast, not so easy for me! in a Vietnamese meditation place some or many of the Vietnamese ladies ate rice and veggies for breakfast too. sometimes I can eat that savoury stuff for breakfast! especially the later the breakfast is.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    KIM I hope your work day was okay after that. what did you do when the power was out?

BETH great news about son and interview!

HEATHER awesome exercise!

TRACEY. I'm glad you are happy with your marriage - your story just goes to show again that one never can decide for others!

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    DO YOU EVER WORK ON COMPUTER DURING WORK OUT ?

DO YOU EVER DO WORK OUT AT VERY SLOW HEART RATE ?
  • Machka9
    edited October 2021
    Options
    DO YOU EVER WORK ON COMPUTER DURING WORK OUT ?

DO YOU EVER DO WORK OUT AT VERY SLOW HEART RATE ?

No and No.

Even walking I like to get my heart rate up a bit. On my own I walk very briskly. With my husband I walk slower but we still move along at slightly over 4 km/h.

When running or cycling my HR is fairly high.

My reasons for working out include getting away from my computer and looking at something different. Especially if what I am looking at includes nature.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Machka - Lovely glaze on those platters! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

It's a resin pour.

I will try to take a photo of the one I have. Maybe the sunlight would show the "depth"
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

It's a resin pour.

I will try to take a photo of the one I have. Maybe the sunlight would show the "depth"

This is the lady who does them (Close the gaps) with a lot of her other work.
    https:// www.instagram.com/ caitlingibson82/

I'm hoping to do something similar with my old nail polish. I'm planning to create Christmas ornaments. :)

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    :/
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well I am up and dressed ,going to pick up Dan in a few minutes to drop off at work. Today I am taxi service because it is raining..Dan is working 7-11 have to go pick him back up at 11 and then pick Taliah up at 2:15 so she doesn't have to walk home in the rain.. tomorrow I have to drop her off because she has a late opening.. thank goodness for moms and grandmas
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Day 2 exercise! Today was yoga balance. Michele I join you in not being flexible. Masseuse says I am, but doing exercises-not so much. It will get easier I know. My hips don't like it, which is why I am doing it.😉Julie Some days are just lower energy for me. I am so out of shape that it doesn't take much to get heart rate up though. 😒 No, I can't work on computer and work out.
    So.....SIL's step son quit yesterday. No real biggie as he sucked as employee. Always late, didnt ask questions, and didnt like being asked to do things (like helping others) I am beginning to feel like only over 60s want to work.
    Bill's paid, checks deposited, desk cleared, papers filed. Amazing how much more peaceful I am with each item I mark off list. Work today. Stihl order and exho order must get done. YD picking up DH after his massage as i double booked tonight. Hair dresser for me at same time. Oops.
    Beautiful pictures!
    Welcome!
    Keep on joining in!

Kylia in Ohio trying to let my butterfly come out of her cocoon. 🦋
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, dogs to powerline, helped Joe fill in pre-booster forms, SWSY.
    Bonus: ‘nother load laundry, 25 mins grooming Tumble, 20 mins vacuuming & decluttering
    Just one thing: moved weights out from behind Mama’s ficus to in front of the mirror
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL, SWSY, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    24: Write down three specific things that have gone well recently: 1-BB&B, SWSY or TC before solitaire. 2-processed cider before it went bad ;). 3-Grooming Tumble while Joe walks Shadow to the mailbox.
    25: You can’t do everything! What are your three priorities this week? Hmm, thinking, process grapes…start organizing DVDs&CDs to find the rest of SS&D, clear keyboard.

Late afternoon was feeling “off”, headache, nauseated. Feet and ankles unusually swollen. Changed dinner plans to soup and early to bed. Seems to have helped.

Lisa that much water weight/edema is so very very scary. Any clue what triggered or caused it to abate? Self interested questions here ;)
    Annie what a “jerk”!
    Margaret coyote scat in back yard? Wow! Don’t you live in a big city? Not just the scat but the coyotes can be dangerous to small children and dogs. A pack killed a neighbor’s Bichon back when we lived in Boise’s suburbs.
    Pip Yogi looks like he doesn’t want to eat his veggies… ;)
    Maryann :love: Charlie, Franki, Chloe and Phoebe. Grateful you had them to get you through this shockingly hard time.
    Heather great author’s pic!
    Michaela “granny basketball” hope you enjoy it. I wouldn’t :noway: :lol:
    Katla alas the compliance ratio here in rural, coastal, southern Oregon is poor. Happy to year you're back to yoga.
    Debbie omg that flooded park.
    Rita Oww!
    Kim almost surprised you got your power back in only 4 hours. Watching Bay Area scenes on the news, very scary. Hope you and Debbie and Tina and all in Calif are safe and stay off flooded roads.
    Likewise, Barbie, saw the tragic tree accident on the news and hope you and Sue and all in WA are safe and sound.
    Beth fingers Xd for your son’s preferred job.
    Welcome @smbqt2! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? Many here don’t do the “friend” thing, but connect in this forum.
    Michele looking forward to mermaid pics :naughty:
    Rebecca “eldest can see his grandma on Saturday before he heads to Guam for 6 years? Is that your husband’s mother?
    Machka those swirling circles are beautiful, made me think of Heinlein’s Flower of Forgetfulness. In my dreams, a resin pour art piece would be a perfect backsplash ;) Look forward to pics of your fingernail polish ornaments.
    Mary will you take before and after pics of your “art project” ?
    Julie “…way over on writing time” Bravissima!
    Kylia “day 2 of exercise” VERY well done!
    Tracey, good reminder, think I’ll go kiss and thank Joe.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:25, weigh/wii: 25/4/65; steps>7228=8194 vits=25, log=25, CI<CO=24, CI<250<CO=19, Tumble=24, Shadow=22, mfp=25, outside=27, up hill=23, clean 10=18.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=4, Mon:SWSY=4 , Tue:LD=3 , Wed:TC=2.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=3.2, Fri:TC=3.97, Sat:PW=3, rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 10/24:143.5 :sick: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=15, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Max is here. He played his new card game 'Exploding Kittens' with DH then backgammon. He won.
    Lunch was sausages in panini and Max had a '99' for dessert. :p He was delighted.
    Then I did some silly words with him, like 'mollycoddling'. He enjoyed that. I had a list of six, but he wanted more. Research required.

My DSIL rang while they were playing, so I chatted to her. She is now newly over her terrible stomach bug, by antibiotics, and thinks she caught it from lake swimming. Her ankle is the same and her op will be next year. :'( She will ring DH after 5.
    I was quite relieved to talk to her as there had previously been a misunderstanding about us not visiting for her boyfriend's birthday. She seems to have forgiven us.
    I did a bit of work on my website to add a photo of my book and update some text. There is still a lot that I need to learn, but at least it's up to date now.
    Still emailing all contacts to let them know. I anticipate another week's work on publicity. I'm just putting one foot in front of another and taking it slowly.

Much love to everyone. Wassup, Lisa?

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbara I will definitely post pictures after we complete a project. The first thing we are doing is an acid stain on our cement floor. We've never done it before so if there is anybody on here with any good advice I would appreciate it!

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Barbara we live near an 880 acre park. Coyotos are learning to live in cities. Yes they are dangerous to small dogs. I learned their scat also has all kinds of nasties too. I had to treat the spots where scat was with boiling water and rubbing alcohol.

Mary Muristic acid is caustic gloves and well ventialated are in order when using it. It is supposed to help stain or paint adhere better to the cement. I am starting to hire others to do this kind of work today. If either of you have lung issues I would advise against it. If not handled properly it it can cause burns and breathing problems. If you do decide to do it make sure you have the right protective gear.