WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    @Katla49

I can relate to not wanting to go out many days especially as cooler weather approaches

I had a wonderful online real time yoga class it was gentle and body positive and fully adaptable to whatever your Health needs were. Bought a package during the worst of Covid and it expired and I’m just trying to push myself to do it on my own

I really miss the Community it offered BUT I’m just trying to save a little money for a family vacation in December

I like yoga with Adriene which is free and they have things for seniors and more gentle yoga options too

it’s on YouTube — you may know about it . I’m happy to suggest the studio where I love the online gentle body positive classes if you’d like

they say we should be gentle with ourselves when we don’t do something in particular that we planned to do and I’m all for that self love.

enjoy your day everybody.💕☘️

Michaela
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    @Katla49

I can relate to not wanting to go out many days especially as cooler weather approaches

I had a wonderful online real time yoga class it was gentle and body positive and fully adaptable to whatever your Health needs were. Bought a package during the worst of Covid and it expired and I’m just trying to push myself to do it on my own

I really miss the Community it offered BUT I’m just trying to save a little money for a family vacation in December

I like yoga with Adriene which is free and they have things for seniors and more gentle yoga options too

it’s on YouTube — you may know about it . I’m happy to suggest the studio where I love the online gentle body positive classes if you’d like

they say we should be gentle with ourselves when we don’t do something in particular that we planned to do and I’m all for that self love.

enjoy your day everybody.💕☘️

Michaela

thanks for posting about the free yoga video- have wanted to try it but haven't yet. I do Zumba (in person) two nights a week and am enjoying them(most of the time) I am very new to it so still learning

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    B) power was out for 4 hours this morning..... and I am going with a friend to see the sand hill cranes this afternoon..... It's going to be a tough week trying to catch up on 4 hours of no work....

Kim
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :) Our weathering here has not been as severe as California but winds have been brisk and rain on and off. The dogs and my pedometer urge me to get out and walk so I bundle up and go.

:) Barbie in NW WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Stopped at the park we walk at just now- won't be walking there for a while and no soccer practice there for quite a while-It is usually all grass where the water is- even saw geese and seagulls swimming it it.
    qdbyp12ma7oy.png

There's a rainbow in your photo!

Son believes his interview went well. Won't hear for a week or two as he was the first one interviewed. He has an interview with another company tomorrow and is afraid they'll offer him a job on the spot ... he really would prefer the company he interviewed with today. I'm just thrilled he's out there going on interviews and looking for work again!

Got the covid booster today. So far I'm ok. The number of active cases is rising in my area and I have friends who have lost family members this week or are watching family members really struggle. This is not over yet by far.

Beth near Buffalo

I didn't even notice the rainbow until you said something- on my phone it didn't show the whole picture(plus a lot smaller)
    Good luch to your son
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 39elev, 3.20ap est, 87ahr, 111mhr, 5.34mi= 492c
    Strava app = 645c
    Zwift home spin bike- 43.08min, 18.08amph, 97aw, 73arpm, 131ahr, 153mhr, 13mi= 393c
    Zwift app = 241c

Total cal 885

Didn’t go to the gym today, no running, spinner instead. Was raining out, not in the mood to go to the gym
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Michaela - I live in the south of England, in a city by the sea called Brighton and Hove. We will have been here 3 years next Saturday. Before that I lived in London.
    The way I deal with health and fitness is by doing a lot of exercise. That way I can eat a lot. :p I usually manage to burn 900 calories a day, 600 in the morning on our machines with mat and weights work, and 300 in the afternoon by machine, running, or walking. Sometimes I think I'm crazy at 72 to be doing so much, but my life would be unmanageable without it. It is my priority, along with my writing. I love eating and drinking. I am one of those people who never stop thinking about food from morning until night. Some researchers think it is genetic. So..... it means I have to burn it off. ;)
    I do eat well. Lots of fruit and vegetables, rather in the French style. I log everything. Usually it balances. I have crept up a little bit in the last couple of years and intend to lose the extra.

Having my grandson tomorrow while his middle sister is at football club. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • smbqt2
    smbqt2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back on track! I would really like some friends!!!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    u0w044nsy5q4.png

Welcome to all the newcomers!

This is a fast-moving thread so jump right into conversations when you're ready. :)

On November 1, Barbie will start a new thread for us for November. Time to think about our November goals. :)

Machka in Oz ... that's Australia. We're an international bunch!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Mary – oh wow!!! Thanks for sharing

Michaela_la – we have three cats (just lost one to cancer)

M – these were REAL tiny bees. I highly doubt anyone would be interested in them. He did say that there are a lot in this neighborhood that nest in the ground

Barbara – Vince used “Wasp and Hornet” killer. I think I only saw two yesterday. And before I’d seen quite a few

kylia – congrats on exercising. How I miss it! I must be the most inflexible person on the face of the earth! Work then bowling. After bowling ran to Food Lion to get milk for Vince, me to make yogurt (probably tomorrow), bananas for Vince and a few other things. Nothing much

Ma_B – love the pups

Michaela – my breakfast? Chili, riced cauliflower and peas & carrots. Yes, I know that sometimes I have a really weird breakfast

smbq – welcome!

Went to ceramics. Finished the mermaid, now it goes to be fired. Then I’ll put the mother of pearl on it and have it fired again.

Michele NC
    who realized she forgot to do some parts of Pinocchio so I’ll do them tomorrow
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Barbara – Vince used “Wasp and Hornet” killer. I think I only saw two yesterday. And before I’d seen quite a few

:(:(

exermom wrote: »
    M – these were REAL tiny bees. I highly doubt anyone would be interested in them. He did say that there are a lot in this neighborhood that nest in the ground

Michele NC

Tasmanian native bees are often fairly small. One of the more common varieties is under 8 mm (0.31 inches). Some are as small as 2 mm (0.08 inches). But bees in general (around the world) come in all sorts of sizes and colours. They're gorgeous little things. :)

If wasp and hornet killer was put into a nest during the day, you likely killed the queen and her brood. With luck, some of the larvae survived and the girls out pollinating may have set up a nest elsewhere.

However, if you're only seeing a few around, you may have destroyed that community. :(

This is the NC Beekeepers Association.
    https://www.ncbeekeepers.org/

Or try here for local clubs:
    https://www.abfnet.org/page/northcarolina?

If you find bees again, and for some reason don't want them, please contact one of these places. :)

9zt1z7i7me8k.png

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    Mary - were those photos taken last week? We had one of the best shows in recent years. Unfortunately, I missed it and was only able to see photos.

Annie - I’m so glad you got out of that marriage.
    I chatted with a friend today who is staying with a friend of hers because the guy she started dating a few months ago turned out not to be what he seemed. She thinks she’ll be able to go home in a week or so. This is her 3rd abusive relationship since we’ve known her for the last 20 years. She did marry a really nice man, that treated her with respect and cherished her. She left him because she felt he was trying to make her something she wasn’t. I always felt she made a mistake.
    Tonight when I got home I kissed DH and told him how happy I was to have chosen him.
    We were told we wouldn’t make it to a year. I think my Dad was worried I would be abused, but his worries were for nothing. The only one that 100% “approved” of our marriage was my Mother in Law, maybe that’s why I love her so much.

Heather - you are beaming! You must be so proud of yourself.

Debbie - Wow! That’s a lot of rain.

Welcome to all of the new ladies!

Not much to say tonight.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    <3