WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, dogs to powerline, helped Joe fill in pre-booster forms, SWSY.
    Bonus: ‘nother load laundry, 25 mins grooming Tumble, 20 mins vacuuming & decluttering
    Just one thing: moved weights out from behind Mama’s ficus to in front of the mirror
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL, SWSY, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    24: Write down three specific things that have gone well recently: 1-BB&B, SWSY or TC before solitaire. 2-processed cider before it went bad ;). 3-Grooming Tumble while Joe walks Shadow to the mailbox.
    25: You can’t do everything! What are your three priorities this week? Hmm, thinking, process grapes…start organizing DVDs&CDs to find the rest of SS&D, clear keyboard.

Late afternoon was feeling “off”, headache, nauseated. Feet and ankles unusually swollen. Changed dinner plans to soup and early to bed. Seems to have helped.

Lisa that much water weight/edema is so very very scary. Any clue what triggered or caused it to abate? Self interested questions here ;)
    Annie what a “jerk”!
    Margaret coyote scat in back yard? Wow! Don’t you live in a big city? Not just the scat but the coyotes can be dangerous to small children and dogs. A pack killed a neighbor’s Bichon back when we lived in Boise’s suburbs.
    Pip Yogi looks like he doesn’t want to eat his veggies… ;)
    Maryann :love: Charlie, Franki, Chloe and Phoebe. Grateful you had them to get you through this shockingly hard time.
    Heather great author’s pic!
    Michaela “granny basketball” hope you enjoy it. I wouldn’t :noway: :lol:
    Katla alas the compliance ratio here in rural, coastal, southern Oregon is poor. Happy to year you're back to yoga.
    Debbie omg that flooded park.
    Rita Oww!
    Kim almost surprised you got your power back in only 4 hours. Watching Bay Area scenes on the news, very scary. Hope you and Debbie and Tina and all in Calif are safe and stay off flooded roads.
    Likewise, Barbie, saw the tragic tree accident on the news and hope you and Sue and all in WA are safe and sound.
    Beth fingers Xd for your son’s preferred job.
    Welcome @smbqt2! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? Many here don’t do the “friend” thing, but connect in this forum.
    Michele looking forward to mermaid pics :naughty:
    Rebecca “eldest can see his grandma on Saturday before he heads to Guam for 6 years? Is that your husband’s mother?
    Machka those swirling circles are beautiful, made me think of Heinlein’s Flower of Forgetfulness. In my dreams, a resin pour art piece would be a perfect backsplash ;) Look forward to pics of your fingernail polish ornaments.
    Mary will you take before and after pics of your “art project” ?
    Julie “…way over on writing time” Bravissima!
    Kylia “day 2 of exercise” VERY well done!
    Tracey, good reminder, think I’ll go kiss and thank Joe.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:25, weigh/wii: 25/4/65; steps>7228=8194 vits=25, log=25, CI<CO=24, CI<250<CO=19, Tumble=24, Shadow=22, mfp=25, outside=27, up hill=23, clean 10=18.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=4, Mon:SWSY=4 , Tue:LD=3 , Wed:TC=2.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=3.2, Fri:TC=3.97, Sat:PW=3, rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 10/24:143.5 :sick: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=15, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

He loves his food. I was making him wait until I gave him the go ahead to eat
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙂
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Margaret thanks for the heads up! Did you do this before? What are you hiring people to do? We are watching how to do videos on it and hopefully that will help.

<3 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Michaela– I belong to a fitness club that has a yoga class 3 mornings a week. I love attending that class. There is also an evening yoga class for people who work days. I prefer going in the morning. :smiley:

Kim– Enjoy seeing the sandhill cranes. We have been hearing the voices of geese today. We think they’re headed down the Willamette Valley to winter in a series of ponds. :flowerforyou:

Beth– The rainbow is lovely. Thanks for sharing. :star:

Barbie- The thing that I miss most is our sweet old dog. We won’t be able to get another for quite a while due to upcoming travel. Give your pups an extra pat from me. :wink:

Smbqt2-Welcome! :star:

Michele- Honey Bees are wonderful and we plant flowers that they enjoy. Wasps and hornets are NOT wonderful. We had some wasps that built a nest in our garage attic a few years ago. We Raided them and they haven’t returned. :bigsmile:

Rebecca– Enjoy the time you have with your family.:heart:

Machka– I love your garden! :star:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, dogs to powerline, helped Joe fill in pre-booster forms, SWSY.
    Bonus: ‘nother load laundry, 25 mins grooming Tumble, 20 mins vacuuming & decluttering
    Just one thing: moved weights out from behind Mama’s ficus to in front of the mirror
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, GDLL, SWSY, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    24: Write down three specific things that have gone well recently: 1-BB&B, SWSY or TC before solitaire. 2-processed cider before it went bad ;). 3-Grooming Tumble while Joe walks Shadow to the mailbox.
    25: You can’t do everything! What are your three priorities this week? Hmm, thinking, process grapes…start organizing DVDs&CDs to find the rest of SS&D, clear keyboard.

Late afternoon was feeling “off”, headache, nauseated. Feet and ankles unusually swollen. Changed dinner plans to soup and early to bed. Seems to have helped.

Lisa that much water weight/edema is so very very scary. Any clue what triggered or caused it to abate? Self interested questions here ;)
    Annie what a “jerk”!
    Margaret coyote scat in back yard? Wow! Don’t you live in a big city? Not just the scat but the coyotes can be dangerous to small children and dogs. A pack killed a neighbor’s Bichon back when we lived in Boise’s suburbs.
    Pip Yogi looks like he doesn’t want to eat his veggies… ;)
    Maryann :love: Charlie, Franki, Chloe and Phoebe. Grateful you had them to get you through this shockingly hard time.
    Heather great author’s pic!
    Michaela “granny basketball” hope you enjoy it. I wouldn’t :noway: :lol:
    Katla alas the compliance ratio here in rural, coastal, southern Oregon is poor. Happy to year you're back to yoga.
    Debbie omg that flooded park.
    Rita Oww!
    Kim almost surprised you got your power back in only 4 hours. Watching Bay Area scenes on the news, very scary. Hope you and Debbie and Tina and all in Calif are safe and stay off flooded roads.
    Likewise, Barbie, saw the tragic tree accident on the news and hope you and Sue and all in WA are safe and sound.
    Beth fingers Xd for your son’s preferred job.
    Welcome @smbqt2! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? Many here don’t do the “friend” thing, but connect in this forum.
    Michele looking forward to mermaid pics :naughty:
    Rebecca “eldest can see his grandma on Saturday before he heads to Guam for 6 years? Is that your husband’s mother?
    Machka those swirling circles are beautiful, made me think of Heinlein’s Flower of Forgetfulness. In my dreams, a resin pour art piece would be a perfect backsplash ;) Look forward to pics of your fingernail polish ornaments.
    Mary will you take before and after pics of your “art project” ?
    Julie “…way over on writing time” Bravissima!
    Kylia “day 2 of exercise” VERY well done!
    Tracey, good reminder, think I’ll go kiss and thank Joe.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:25, weigh/wii: 25/4/65; steps>7228=8194 vits=25, log=25, CI<CO=24, CI<250<CO=19, Tumble=24, Shadow=22, mfp=25, outside=27, up hill=23, clean 10=18.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=4, Mon:SWSY=4 , Tue:LD=3 , Wed:TC=2.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=3.2, Fri:TC=3.97, Sat:PW=3, rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 10/24:143.5 :sick: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=15, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Yep Lee's mom is from some hardy stock! She's from Texas, then Arkansas, but when she gets excited or mad that accent comes out. She is 88 years old, bless her heart. Here she is in 2015.
    k01vl05lq2fv.jpg
    This is the gal that used to be the break room lady at US Bank downtown in Portland, OR. I met her before I met her son.💖👍
    This is the same lady that after meeting Lee, and him going out to sea, I asked for some photos of him. So she brings in his first marriage photo album....😂😂😂. Priceless!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Katla49
    Options
    B)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Mary ... beautiful photo! I've never seen anything like that but would love to.

Machka ... prior to your husband's accident, was he involved in orchard work? Does he enjoy, then, taking care of all your plants/trees?

Lisa ... just a crappy day?

Well, son went to second interview and was offered a job on the spot. He has yet to hear back from his favored place of employment and so now he's overthinking things. He did take the job offered today by the way. He'll have to sort it out. I'm just glad he's been given an opportunity to work full time with benefits.

Got the booster yesterday and have to say this is the first vaccine I've ever had (covid or not) that laid me low. Feel better today though so not complaining.

Beth
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,020 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Mary – oh wow!!! Thanks for sharing

that is an unusual breakfast! my sis once offered me cooked veggies for breakfast, not so easy for me! in a Vietnamese meditation place some or many of the Vietnamese ladies ate rice and veggies for breakfast too. sometimes I can eat that savoury stuff for breakfast! especially the later the breakfast is.

I am not a normal breakfast food eater most of the time. I prefer things like left over chicken pot pie(one of my favorite left overs).
    If I do eat breakfast food, my favorites are biscuits and gravy(but only home made, the way mom taught me to make it) and hash browns-potatoes cooked any way for me!! Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat are about the only cereal I like and will eat that any time of the day or night.
    I actually don't eat anything at breakfast time most days- I have my tea, and more tea then eat something about noon.
    I can't eat sweets first thing in the morning- a doughnut looks soo good, tastes good for a few bites then terrible stomach ache soon after. I can have sweets later in the day but not on an empty stomach.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,020 Member
    Options
    ordering one of mom's Christmas gifts today. I found an old card my dad had signed and the Etsy sight where they can take that signature and put it on a key chain. She doesn't know I have the card- it is an old one that was in the closet with the photo albums.
    I am searching for someone who can make a keychain with those cute text imogi - it is a special line of them that I want- it is six of them that create a special message. I don't think I am looking it up right .
    Cooking today- have chicken tenders soaking in buttermilk/hot sauce, green beans and trying a new cheese bread recipe.
    Need to catch up on some computer work that I should have done over the weekend.-
    No zumba tonight so dinner isn't super early or late tonight.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    Heather--I will be getting the paperback as that is what I got with the first one. Happy for you that it is done. Looking forward to reading it.

Lisa--We watch the cookie and cake holiday shows also. Also enjoy the kids baking shows. We worry about our children even when they are grown.

Tracey--Sounds like a great time with the DGC. I agree that one on one is special. I do miss that some of ours are getting at the age where cuddles are for babies stage.

Sue--Glad the service for your mom went well. We got my nephew buied Saturday and feel so glad that it is done.

Michaela--Welcome, come often and get to know us and us you. This is a great place for friendship and support.

DH is still only able to work half days and has a couple more tests. He was talking this weekend about selling the motorcycles so I know he is not doing well. In 41 years we have been together he has owned and rode.

Cold and damp today. Good day to stay inside after work. Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Mary Hiring painters to paint our kitchen this week and I tried to hire a painter to do the high painting at our home but that didn't work out. He would tell me he was coming to work and then he didn't show up. Found out we have a painting company in our neighborhood. I plan to contact them in the spring. I bought enough paint they should be able to get done what I need.

We are getting a new boiler on Friday. Too long a story how that came about. We were informed of the problem the end of September and will be getting new boiler end of October. We are living in a time of parts delays and labor shortages so it is best to get things done early if you can , have a back up plan, and try to be patient. They say toys and new running shoes might be in short supply this Christmas.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Drat. My mom missed her pills again. I feel bad for not watching more closely. Even though she claims she doesn't need help.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day- Walk w/family- 1hr 32min 17sec, 49elev, 90ahr, 117mhr, 3.34ap, 5.13mi= 491c
    Strava app= 620c
    Treadmill jog- 1hr 31min 59sec, 10.13min mi, 161ahr, 185mhr, 5.7sp then 5.8 on chorus for the 1st 5mi, 5.9sp then 6.0 on chorus for 3mi, 6.1sp then 6.5 on chorus for next..80mi, 7.5sp to 8.0sp last .10mi, 9mi= 924c

Total cal 1415
    2nd day of a 9 mile run
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,149 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Machka ... prior to your husband's accident, was he involved in orchard work? Does he enjoy, then, taking care of all your plants/trees?

Beth

Yes, for quite a few years and in different orchards with different fruit, including one that is a large supplier of fruit trees to other orchards and nurseries. He was supervisor of the orchard where the accident happened for several years and had moved into the GM position a few months before the accident.

This pear tree came from the 'large supplier of fruit trees' I mentioned above, so evidently they supply the nursery where we got it. I think that was a selling point for my husband because he is familiar with the quality of trees they produce.

He likes working with plants and trees, etc., although in recent months I have noticed that it is getting on top of him.

Our garden/yard doesn't look very big, but there's a lot going on and it's on a slope with many levels built in, as you can kind of see in the photos I posted.

That's why I took over one of the bigger garden beds. I am NOT a gardener. It's a learning experience for me. But I haven't minded it. There is something enjoyable about planting and even weeding (like I was doing last night). And I'm always surprised when something comes up!! For some reason, I don't expect stuff to grow or survive. :lol: I was quite pleased with my daffodils, I am pleased with the irises, and I'm not surprised that the freesias are not doing much. Maybe they will later.

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    Very stressful afternoon with my granddaughter.. i know its hard being a teen and especially one who doesnt know who she wants to be..
    Well Tracy and Kyle picked a name and ill be the first to know once the little guy is born..
    Im mentally spent for today..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Was able to take a walk today. Ceramics tonight.

Rebecca – those gnomes are so cute. Where do you use them?

Tracey – Vince and I weren’t supposed to make it. For one thing, he had long hair, he wasn’t Polish, and, sin of all sins, he wasn’t Catholic. Here we are, 43 years later……

Julie – before I started working and was exercising every day, it took a lot to get my heart rate up and it would come down real fast. Now that I’m not doing formal exercise every day, it doesn’t seem to take as much to get my heart rate up.

I could never work on the computer while working out, regardless of what I am doing

Barbara – feel better fast. Glad the soup helped. OH, you’ll get mermaid pics. But first I have to put the mother of pearl on it, it has to be refired, then Vince has to put the shells on (and he’s not real swift about getting things done until they have to be done)

katla – a couple of years ago we had wasps that built a nest behind one of our retaining walls. I went to Lowe’s Hardware and got this thing called a WHY (wasp hornet and yellowjacket) trap. From the reviews, people said not to use the attractant that comes with it and you need to buy refills. It’s expensive and doesn’t work all that well. It was suggested to use apple juice. Now I see maybe one or two wasps a year.

Beth – congratulations for your son

I have a hard time watching the baking shows because then I get cravings for baked goods

Lisa – (((BIG HUG)))) You poor dear

Went to ceramics and worked mainly on Pinocchio. Tomorrow Newcomer bowling.

Just finished taking the yogurt out of the IP and now have it draining. I totally forgot that the thing I have to drain it only holds one quart and I made a gallon. Oh well...I'll just have to put the rest in a colander to drain.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    <3Katla, I think of you when I walk my dogs. One of my neighbors has two Keeshonds and they sometimes are being walked when I am out walking. You are doing a smart thing, waiting til after your trip to get another dog, but I know how hard it is for you.