November 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso That is weird! At least it worked itself out quickly.

@julieannegannon Such a pretty blanket!

@Teresa502 Good job sticking through the tough course. It sucks to show up to race day and just not feel it.

@skippygirlsmom Good job on your race. I'm so impressed with your recovery given how bad that injury was. And that is the straightest race course I have ever seen!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,802 Member
    Options
    So a weird thing happened. Sunday night my right ankle started hurting. Like painful to walk. I was limping. I couldn't think of anything that had happened that day. I later figured out that during my Saturday run there was a spot I forgot the sidewalk was higher and came done pretty hard. I am pretty sure that was my right foot. So yesterday I woke up and still limping. I had to be in the office yesterday so I could only elevate it at lunch. I also elevated and iced after I got home even though it had stopped hurting at that point.

With all that said, I skipped yesterday's run and did it this morning. Another 4 miles

November: 45 / 80ish
    2021: 973 / 1000

this made me laugh. I hate waking up with something hurting and having NO idea what the heck I did. I like to blame it on the cat. Glad you are OK tho. Sometimes when I do something like you mention stepping down to hard I try to mentally make a note to myself so I can remember the next day why I have a bruise or something hurts. I banged the heck out of my hip a few years ago on a door edge and altho I did not think it was a significant injury it ended up leaving a lump there that still remains. I guess I could go to an ortho but it doesn't hurt and it doesn't interfere with my running so I don't bother.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,802 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic very pretty pictures, I bet it was even prettier in real life.

@quilteryoyo and others who asked - I was sick, along with the rest of my family and some of our friends. Everyone stayed home, and it appears to have been more than just a bad cold. We did test, to make sure it was safe to return to society, and are now negative. Still tired though. And there's a ringing in my ears that comes & goes.

I met up last night with some girls from run club who typically do more walking with light jogging mixed in. We got in 4k at the track while chatting. I could probably run, but at this point maybe I'm just lazy. I think it will be better to err on the side of laziness though, rather than risking overdoing it.

Oh I think you are right to err on the side of safety. So sorry you and your family got sick. :( Hope that recover is swift and the tintinitus disappears quickly....
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    So a weird thing happened. Sunday night my right ankle started hurting. Like painful to walk. I was limping. I couldn't think of anything that had happened that day. I later figured out that during my Saturday run there was a spot I forgot the sidewalk was higher and came done pretty hard. I am pretty sure that was my right foot. So yesterday I woke up and still limping. I had to be in the office yesterday so I could only elevate it at lunch. I also elevated and iced after I got home even though it had stopped hurting at that point.

With all that said, I skipped yesterday's run and did it this morning. Another 4 miles

November: 45 / 80ish
    2021: 973 / 1000

this made me laugh. I hate waking up with something hurting and having NO idea what the heck I did. I like to blame it on the cat. Glad you are OK tho. Sometimes when I do something like you mention stepping down to hard I try to mentally make a note to myself so I can remember the next day why I have a bruise or something hurts. I banged the heck out of my hip a few years ago on a door edge and altho I did not think it was a significant injury it ended up leaving a lump there that still remains. I guess I could go to an ortho but it doesn't hurt and it doesn't interfere with my running so I don't bother.

I always have bruises that I have no idea where they came from lol
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    November 1 – 7.32 (miles)
    November 3 – 5.30
    November 5 – 5.60
    November 6 – 3.06
    November 7 – 7.5
    November 8 – 7.1
    November 10 – 8.02
    November 12 – 5.06
    November 13 – 3.51
    November 14 – 10 (Cade’s Cove Loop Lope)
    November 17 – 4.97
    Total – 67.45

Enjoyed seeing the beautiful moon this morning.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic - Love the pictures! If you can and the weather permits while you are in DC you should go for a run on the Mall. When we were there for my niece's graduation it became a favorite place to run!
    @RunsOnEspresso - I hope your ankle is feeling better! I too have all kinds of unexplained bruises! I mostly blame Hobbes the Vizsla 😁
    @martaindale - I am sure over that year your pace has improved as you have been so consistent with your running and workouts. Now you just need to adjust to your new normal tempo pace!
    @polskagirl01 - I remember you thought you were coming down with something. Did you test positive for covid? I know they are reporting pretty bad outbreaks of the flu here now too.
    @Teresa502 - sorry your race was a struggle but glad you were able to finish it! Sounds like it was a pretty good day with the hike afterwards.

Our weather and temps are finally improving (no longer in the 90s! YAY!!) however with the change in pressure allowing that temp drop I have a horrible sinus headache. I am sitting here all dressed to run hoping it will abate some so I can head out and enjoy a cooler run. Need to get back to my normal running/working out schedule!
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Follow up to my post where you may note my average heartrate was 181 for that 5 miles. My apple watch says I hit 203 during the 4th mile (which was my slowest). I think my apple watch is drunk. LOL.