WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It's been a good day so far.

Happy anniversary Heather!

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Had 2 guys over this morning to look at the old mobile home that sits on our property. It is a 1970s doublewide.It was here when we moved in and we have been wanting to get rid of it. The people we bought from used it for storage but didn't do anything else with it and the kitchen floor is rotten. However, if it can be done this guy wants to move it to Olympia. It would certainly be nice to get it out of here.

Our company for Thanksgiving will be arriving on Tuesday evening.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Katla- Soooo happy to see you. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Such good news, Katla. I hope you have a wonderful stay with your son.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Alfie and I went for a car ride,i ordered more yarn to do an afghan for Tracy after im done with Carmines....Carmine is at her other grandmother's tonight who i dont think knows about all this,but Carmine has to speak up and tell the story if they want to live the life...
    So we shall see..
    I worked for 2 1/2 hrs straight this afternoon on Carmines afghan and because im hand knitting will have to so it a little at a time so my hands dont cramp up..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did a step DVD today. Boy, did it feel good. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love’s Get Ripped 1000 DVD. Not sure how much I can do since my arm is still sore from the flu shot, but I’ll give it a shot. If anything, I’ll just use lighter weights.

Beth – what a worry! My heart goes out to you

Kim – An extra $28 just to have the pizza cooked????? unbelievable! I’m not a fan of pizza. We usually give one person underwear every year for Christmas as a joke.

Started packing for Jess’. I hope we can get away with taking just one large suitcase. I’m going to try taking just shorts for exercise. At least this is the last time (probably) that we’ll have to take long johns, Gloves and a scarf with us...lol

I had them put the prolia shot in my right arm since I haven’t had a reaction to that in years. They put the pneumonia and flu in my left arm and it’s sore. Glad I had them put it in there since I’m right handed.

Flea – removing drains is painful, but you are doing the right thing by trying not to take the opiods. Thank you for sharing just how to help someone instead of saying “if you need anything, just call”

Sue WA – hope those guys take the trailer

Katla -so glad you made it safe and sound

Went to church and then stopped at a neighbor’s house. I like the landscaper they have so I wanted to just let her know that I contacted them. I like the guy I have doing work, he’s good but I do get frustrated in that it takes sooooo long to get things done, I’m constantly calling him to ask how things are going. Like I spoke to him back in May and told him I wanted the bushes removed, new bushes put in and I’d like him to do the front lawn (seed). Well, it’s now the end of November, the bushes are out but I’m resigned to the fact that new bushes won’t be installed until next year. The lawn won’t get done until March (that’s what he said). Even I know that September is the optimal time to plant grass seed. So I’m contacting someone else to see about getting the work done. I do like the work they’ve done for my neighbor.

Got packed for going to Jess’. Made her brownies and an apple pie for her. I’d bought one at the store. By following the directions on the box, the bottom crust was very soft. So I tried making this one the way I usually make an apple pie (higher temp., use a pie shield, lower temp). So I guess we shall see how it comes out.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, I'm so glad that you got safely to Virginia and that you were able to find all of us again. I look forward to hearing about your trip.

:) More festive lights are being put up in my neighborhood so my evening walk is more interesting. A few people have their lights on in the morning but most are limited to evening.

:) Our plan for Thanksgiving is to have Marie Callender's microwave turkey meals. Otherwise, our day will be just like every other.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am watching ESPN- College Football - The Oregon Ducks vs Utah. The Ducks are my team and I hope they do well. It looks like a tough game.

Michaela –. I joined a fitness club and have taken Yoga classes for many years. Yoga is great! If you find a group you enjoy, you will be very happy. I enjoy classes with people about my age. :smiley:

Beth – Keeping my fingers crossed for your son’s job interviews. May he find a job that he will enjoy. :star:

Rebecca- Love the photo of your son’s family. They look happy together. :heart:

Mary from MN/AZ – Enjoy your art project/remodel. :flowerforyou:

Machka – Your DH looks happy in the garden. Lovely photo. :smilie:

Allie – Your grandchildren are lucky to have your help getting to work and school. WTG!!!

Barbara – At the moment we are staying in a nice hotel in Richmond, VA. We are staying here under voluntary quarantine because we flew out here so we will be germ free and able to meet and cuddle our newest grandson safely. He is now 8 days old. We will go to see him in two days. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Katla - quarantined in Richmond for two more days.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 47min 30sec, 51elev, 88ahr, 116mhr, 6.19mi= 567c
    Strava app = 747c
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla

Glad you are safely here (near me!). I won't muck up the quarantine by suggesting that we meet, but I'm waving at you from not far away!!! Have a great time with that new grandboy.

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Katla glad you made it! I hope you have a fantastic time with your new grandson 💞

We've been busy remodeling and almost done with the living room area! I'll send pictures as soon as I finish!

<3 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Heather - great photo!

Flea - I hope you feel better soon and get a positive report from the doctor.
    I agree with you about the “call if you need anything” generally speaking people don’t like asking for any help.
    What a thoughtful coworker.

Katla - nice to see your post. How is the Mom and new baby making out. What are his stats and name?

Beth - that’s a tough transition on your sons poor feet. Hopefully the shoes help!

Had a good day today, went to my supervisors and cut a tree from her property for our ornaments. Then I went to pick our grandson up for a sleepover. We stopped at the dollar store on our way back, he found these pompom type snowballs. 4 in a pack for $2. We bought two packs, I don’t know who had more fun with them him or DH. We’ve decided we are going to buy some more tomorrow and have a bucket of them as a Christmas decoration. They will be fun to have.

Tomorrow Jonah and I are going to put up our outside decorations.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Off to walk to my son's house in about 20 minutes. If the window is open at the train station I will buy my tickets for Wednesday. Saves me worrying on the day about the size of the queue!

My son and DDIL are going out for a bike ride across the South Downs. Hope it's not too chilly! It's not too windy anyway.
    Their house suffers from an eratic heating system and is often a bit cold for our taste. I am taking extra socks and a cardigan! :p My son and the kids don't feel the cold, but DDIL does. :| I might just keep my down coat on.

Then we are all going out for pizza at Fatto's. Then walk home.

Tracey- I'm liking the sound of those snowballs! :p

Barbara - I have often been teased about my 'phone voice', which is on the interview. I remarked to DH that I sounded posh.. He said, "Oh, you always do that. Like on the phone." My natural voice is more 'Estuary'. In fact, I take on the accent of whoever I'm talking to, so I can go from posh to cockney then to country Hampshire in no time at all. I used to get in trouble at school when I copied an Irish teacher, but I can’t help it. It's very useful when I'm learning a foreign language!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,228 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Katla: So pleased you found us again. It's good to know that you arrived safely in Richmond.

Beth, Debbie, Annie, Rita, Rori, and and others: looking after aging relatives is a difficult task. May you find the physical and emotional strength to help you through. (((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Heather: 😍 The Anniversary pics. Have fun with your family today.

☘️ Terri